Stop complaining about Dom Rep

Janice

Jan 12, 2002
Seeing that it takes so little to amuse you, this must be it :)

What are you offereing for a refund; monies paid or actual time incurred?

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Hadn't you noticed, DR1 is FREE!

If it's that bad, why do you keep coming back?

Nah, don't bother replying, I would want you to waste you valuable time.
yawnee.gif

CES

Jan 1, 2002
Jim, I'm flattered. . .

[note, I've copied "missing_DR" post from the other page and placed it at the bottum of this message. . . ]

Jim Hinsch said:
Your response is too 'dead serious' for DR1's OPEN forum? Right.

Put your ego aside and post your response to "missing_DR" here. We all on DR1 are waiting for the big "dead serious" post.

I hate when one resorts to a bicker and I know Rob hates it even more, so this is my last comment on this topic. Aside from coming directly from DR1, one can find the other Dominican forum by going to Bravenet.com and doing a FORUM SEARCH with keyword "Dominican".

Since your forum doesn't show up (the original site - now deleted - and its replacement do show up, as well as a few other Dominican related forums), I can't imagine how anybody would ever have arrived there if not for having read your suggestion to visit it. Maybe you can tell us all how they got to "your" forum and then "discovered" DR1 from that.

"Every other post is CES on your new board. Or maybe more. Most of the posters have never posted here on DR1. Hmmm... "
Just an observation.

Again, the question. Why create a second bravenet forum? The existing one replaced the original before yours showed up. That's a fact. The DR1 forum is quite open these days so censorship as a reason doesn't hold much water. Now you say the DR1 forum is TOO open for the seriousness of your response?

Post your response to "missing_DR" here. We all on DR1 are waiting for the big "dead serious" post.

Jim, I'm flattered. . .

That you would take time form your otherwise busy schedule to concern yourself with my message to another person and any way just how is it that you've become "missing's" proxy?

OK let us examine what you've written:

~ ~ "Your response is too 'dead serious' for DR1's OPEN forum? Right. Put your ego aside and post your response to "missing_DR" here. We all on DR1 are waiting for the big "dead serious" post."

At times my writing might be a bit peculiar in style and perhaps I was cryptic in my message to
"missing", but I'm positive that it was clear that I had a specific person in mind when I wrote the
post.

And how is it that my "ego" is at issue here? For you to question my ego is the same as "the kettle
calling the pot black". I'd say that you are being a bit condescending in saying that every one is
"waiting for the big "dead serious" post." I asked "missing" a question and 'IF' he would/will reply then my message would/will be tailored to his remarks. Just how in the hell can I write a reply to "missing" before he has said a word to me?

~ ~ "I hate when one resorts to a bicker and I know Rob hates it even more, so this is my last
comment on this topic."

Good strategy Jim, goat me to do something that I said I wouldn't do and then say you won't participate, in other words pick a fight and then walk away.

~ ~ "Aside from coming directly from DR1, one can find the other Dominican forum by going to
Bravenet.com and doing a FORUM SEARCH with keyword "Dominican".

Since your forum doesn't show up (the original site - now deleted - and its replacement do show up, as well as a few other Dominican related forums), I can't imagine how anybody would ever have arrived there if not for having read your suggestion to visit it. Maybe you can tell us all how they got to "your" forum and then "discovered" DR1 from that."

Jim you need to do a new search, "DR + RD" comes up number seven and is followed by the other spin -off DR forum. Also "DR + RD" is being given links by other sites, just got a couple today and
Rob has commented favorably on my making mention of and linking to DR1 in my posts.

~ ~ " ' "Every other post is CES on your new board. Or maybe more. Most of the posters have never posted here on DR1. Hmmm... " Just an observation.' "

Strange that I would be the one to get things rolling on a new forum that I have a vested interest in.

DR1 = a staff working lots of hrs./ day, a payroll, professional management, paid advertising, cash flow, etc. etc. "DR + RD" = free web hosting and a semi educated guy that has only a limited amount of time to spend at the keyboard of an old PC.

~ ~ "Again, the question. Why create a second bravenet forum? The existing one replaced the original before yours showed up. That's a fact."

It's a philosophical thing with me, the owner of other spin-off posts only occasionally and has a
sort of 'hands off' policy for his forum. As to my site I have a daily involvement and actively
participate, I've just added a photo album link for any one that wants to share some of their DR
related pictures.

~ ~ "The DR1 forum is quite open these days so censorship as a reason doesn't hold much water. Now you say the DR1 forum is TOO open for the seriousness of your response?"

I'm saying that some of the content of the "Open" forum is fiction written by a few people with way more time on their hands than I care to 'deal' with. I don't want what I have to say competing with the sophomoric and sometimes childish drivel that is part of the "Open" forum. What I have in mind for "missing" is heart felt and comes from my experiences of the past 35 years with my Dominican familya and the Dominican Republic. Ms.Janice has pointed out the fact that some of the writers in "Open" forum are simply competing with each other, a kind of "my lie is bigger than your lie" contest.

~ ~ "Post your response to "missing_DR" here. We all on DR1 are waiting for the big "dead serious" post."

When and if "missing" decides to reply then I'll do as I please, and not at your prodding. If I should decide to write something even if "missing" doesn't reply then it will post on "DR + RD".

regards,

. . . CES

......................................................................................................................................................

Stop complaining about Dom Rep I am sick and tired of you guys who are always complaining about Dom Rep. The traffic, power, water, dirt etc etc etc and the bloody list is endless. I love DR and hope this country never changes. There is no where in this world I can have a cool Presidente and drive, get to the beach in an hour and change, stop and have more Presidentes on the way, meet a new chick who wants to show me how Dominicans do it and find a place full of people to hangout on a Tuesday evening.

If you are one of those who complain about DR. Why bother visiting the Island, and what are you doing at DR1.com in the first place. So if you to complain I am sure you guys can find some site called NuevaYol punto com and leave DR.com for us chosen ones who were not born here but are more Dominicans at heart than many a people born here.

Last edited:

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Re: To CES question

Janice said:
You all seem to be criticizing CES for starting a new board with "your" members. Don't most new organizations, clubs, groups start with disaffected members of an original idea?

Though you are doing an overwhelming business here, you apparently are not addressing the needs of all.

The majority of posts here are between three or four people recalling the disgusting treatment of others, there ignorance of any socail graces and their uncanny ability to appear as the most unappealing reprersenatives of the male sex

Is this by design or defect?

Do you eat lemons for breakfast therefore causing your posts to be so sour? Evidently you are not happy with the way this place is managed which begs an answer to the question, what the heck are you doing here?

I for one have enjoyed this site and when I don't I sure dont even consider telling them how to run it. Guess that is my unappealing male sexual part jumping out again.

LOL

Eco

Jan 14, 2002
www.ecology-clean.com
Stop complaining about Dom Rep from missing dr

My friend your comment is just something that civilized people like to read. In 21 st century where some governments are inviting world to contribute to progress, where many promises exist, where people have piles of rubbish on the streets, where people **** and spit on the streets, where people drive like wild animals and fight on the road, where leprosy is in existence, where first letter of any reply is relative troth (lies), where every second word is give me a peso, where power is cut 5 times a day minimum, where honest business can't prosper without bribes, where police is here to rob you and black mail you, where your ideas are stolen on first word and then never developed, where people earn 2000 peso per month and where living expense is double then us or Europe, where people sell in shops rotten vegetables and food but we have to buy as better is hard to find, where normal living necessities are big problem, where people think that world is turning around them but now they experience consequences (world is packing and leaving), where happy foreigners are mostly those who don?t know better then than this description given, or are in HONEST business like they were at home.
Yes my friends take a President and have nice life in this beautiful country. And if you get irritated by my post and reply by question : Why did you come here/ here is my reply to you again: By mistake! By reading garbage and lies from guys who sell, immigration, opportunities, business and all other garbage to suck other people?s money. I apologize to all people that fell offended but please ask your self am I right or wrong. Will all this be possible in the normal world? You want to be a part of the normal world then behave

CES

Jan 1, 2002
Eco my friend, & Janice

. . . let me give you a little snippet of history of this forum, DR1. It was at a similar point (in an exchange that had roughly, the same subject, style and content) in a message thread that was mostly about Boca Chica that every thing was deleted. Jim H. and I were going back and forth and I was just ready to come back with my response, then "click" the editor pulled the complete thread.

I was somewhat miffed so I quit posting on DR1 and started my archive project for the old version of the Bravenet "Advisory ..." forum.

regards,

. . . CES

The following is from my DR1 files, something that I posted after being deleted one to many times.

~ ~ ~

( Title - The ol' Delete Button )

?Qu? Pasa Rob?

A little heavy on the ol' delete button, wouldn't you say?

I was getting set for some lively 'ray-par-ta' this weekend and damn the three hot threads are gone,what's up with that? Really bad form, and poor timing, just when the new Dominican contributors were getting interesting and speaking up for their views on some legitimate subjects.

AS all the old gang knows, it takes considerable time and effort to read all the new messages and
hack out appropriate responds in an informative and/ or clever manner. I know that I've enjoyed
the Board for a couple years now, since the days of hurricane.

As you said the other day, (Rob) when a thread gets "bitchy" you don't have the time to properly
edit out the offending posts. Well I don't have the time to waste coming with what I think is a
proper message and then have it disappear in a whole sale whacking of an otherwise legit. thread.

Regards y Adios,

. . . CES

Last edited:

El Jefe

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Janice

I don't have a problem with CES starting a new forum. I enjoy some of the folks that are there who don't post here. The only real objection is that this board should not be used to advertise that board. When he has the bravenet link on every post that's a bit much. Actually I enjoy most of Charlie's posts, just as I enjoy the posts of AZB, the Pakistani right winger, TW, the Cabrini Green legend who insults my beloved Kankakee and the Streator Flash (God, thats an ugly picture) Chriss.