Tell Ya This Much.....

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Well not too much really. First off, he responded with the suggestion to go the Air BnB route, which my initial thought was it is really this bad here to sale a property right now? The property is located in Viejo Arroyo Hondo.

Hmm... that's odd. He wouldn't make any money on Air BnB sales. S

ounds like he's trying to offer you alternatives instead of milking you for money.

ljmesg

Aug 6, 2017
After one month has passed just about advertising my apartment in SD on SuperCasas and not even one phone call or email. Only one potential buyer came bye with a real estate agent.

My impression now is that things are just not good here and there is little to no money.
Hire a realtor.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Well not too much really. First off, he responded with the suggestion to go the Air BnB route, which my initial thought was it is really this bad here to sale a property right now? The property is located in Viejo Arroyo Hondo.

My response got cut off the other day.

So apart from suggesting Air BnB, is he going to help you with your property? You kinda left that hanging.

When I was selling my last house in Arroyo Hondo, I had it on every website I could find, and contacted more realtors than I care to remember.

I stumbled across Miguel, and I actually got tired of him bringing potential buyers by to tour the place (after he pre-qualified them, of course)

He was the only one who did that, and he found my buyer.

Don't dismiss him too soon.

sealuva

Jun 12, 2018
If they were also used car salesmen it would be a trifecta made in hell.

House next door to me recently owned by former Air Force One pilot was sold to a Dominican born couple retiring here from Allentown, PA. He sold it for about what he paid for it, but not before putting quite a bit of money into it, so he sold at a loss in that regard.

But that sounds like real estate in DR in general. You put money into it for a higher chance on selling it. If not it will probably sit even longer.