• 1 = Unacceptable

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • Sorry, I don't understand Spanish.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Insignificant! Pure and simple! I know it hurts your pride!

LOL!!!

pride in respect to what?

you are the guy bragging about being the big dog in the caribbean. you don't see me posting all kinds of pictures, and telling about all the great achievements of Jamaicans. if you goad me, we can start a comparison. that might hurt your pride.

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
pride in respect to what?

you are the guy bragging about being the big dog in the caribbean. you don't see me posting all kinds of pictures, and telling about all the great achievements of Jamaicans. if you goad me, we can start a comparison. that might hurt your pride.

Jamaica VS DR???? LOL!!!!!!

Bwahahahaha!

Delirious!

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Jamaica VS DR???? LOL!!!!!!

Bwahahahaha!

Delirious!

the only thing you lead in is size, population numbers, and fractionally in GDP per capita. oh, i forgot; natural resources.

you lag in just about every category of the Human Development Index...you are not even listed in the same category.

delirious!

May 12, 2005
the only thing you lead in is size, population numbers, and fractionally in GDP per capita. oh, i forgot; natural resources.

you lag in just about every category of the Human Development Index...you are not even listed in the same category.

delirious!

So why did you choose DR over Jamaica to live then?

Gurabo444

Nov 1, 2009
Half of the people in DR1 either hate DR or are always talking how pretty much every other country is better, cheaper, has a smarter and more educated population, better economy etc (Colombia and Panama come to mind as the most frequent mentioned ones, and now Jamaica is in the list). Yet the paradox for me is that these people are still living or visiting DR, I guess my mediocre mind will never comprehend such a thing.

BTW awesome speech by Danilo, I think there isn't a Dominican out there who didn't feel pride when listening to his words.

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
There is nothing that Danilo has done so far that was not contemplated in the initial tribunal ruling. Some people think that because Danilo "ordered" the deportations to be halted, that he is acting in ways contrary to what the tribunal ruling originally dictated when in reality Danilo is simply following exactly what the tribunal ruling and the migration law states. The tribunal judges have been saying pretty much from day one that the plan doesn't contemplates mass deportations, but most of the naysayers simply ignored whatever they said in order to create the big (and highly distorted) international scandal.

The Prime Minister of Saint Vincent has been attacking the DR for months solely by referencing the Haitians, so its completely normal that Danilo, after basically ignoring the PM every time he blasted the DR, finally decided to respond and focus almost exclusively on the Haitians. The PM was one of the main reasons for why the DR was not accepted into the CARICOM as a full member, but it must also be said that the British Caribbean has never been at complete ease with the Spanish Caribbean and this goes back to colonial times. The DR has been trying to join as a full member of CARICOM since the 1970s and all those small mostly English-speaking islands always find an excuse to keep the DR in limbo up to this very day.

Not many years ago I think they finally accepted Haiti as a full member, but they imposed a special condition on Haitian nationals. The nationals of all the other CARICOM countries can actually move from one island to the other without visa requirements, but his privilege is denied to Haitians. Everyone knows why, but its still interesting how Haiti is given a different treatment and no one says anything.

That is correct. Danilo was just reiterating what was said by the tribunal court from the start
that there would be no MASS deportations of the people affected(the tally) because each case will be
tried on an individual basis.Deportation is only halted for those AFFECTED but of course there
are the regular deportations that are carried out on a regular basis. That will always continue.

http://www.diariolibre.com/noticias...icom-quiere-gobernar-repblica-dominicana.html

Last edited:

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
Half of the people in DR1 either hate DR or are always talking how pretty much every other country is better, cheaper, has a smarter and more educated population, better economy etc (Colombia and Panama come to mind as the most frequent mentioned ones, and now Jamaica is in the list). Yet the paradox for me is that these people are still living or visiting DR, I guess my mediocre mind will never comprehend such a thing.

BTW awesome speech by Danilo, I think there isn't a Dominican out there who didn't feel pride when listening to his words.

You can only hate what you truly love!

Kind of those little kids that used to rain small pebbles onto the girls they "hated" so much...

Being Dominican I know where they come from and what they mean.

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Politics !

You just wonder if Lionel knew while in office of the gathering storm of the Constitutional Court ruling, that this information compounded with other political considerations swayed him from seeking office for the term Danilo now fills. He did not want to be in the hot seat.

Is it possible he counted on Danilo or Hipolito be the one charged with performing the political juggling act to keep both sides pro and con of the court decision calm ? It is quite obvious he has remained somewhat politically silent over the matter so as he can create a platform convenient to gathering votes of the block siding on the outcome of the storm, this done without prematurely showing his hand. He will be around to pick up the pieces and blame the others for bad decision making.

Politics !

Regards,

PJT

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010

Dominicans invite such comparisons by incessantly bragging about what they have here, and comparing it to the rest of the caribbean. read all the news articles that crop up from time to time, telling us how they have the newest this, and the biggest economy, and the greatest tourism, and the best baseball players, bla, bla, bla. read PICHARDO stating something about being the big dog of the caribbean.

people do not like that. there is a lot of strained relationships between the the people caribbean antilles, because of petty jealousies. when you start calling other people's countries insignificant islets, you invite response.

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007

They will do the same elsewhere, people is never happy with what they have.

JJ