To Those Who Say That I NEVER Have ANYTHING Positive To Say About The DR, READ THIS!!

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Damm, and your husband works in the gaming industry? If he is a dealer pleas let me know where so I can play at his table :ermm:

Is a cesspool the same as a septic tank or is it like the leech bed?

He retired last May, started at the Embajador back in '72, retired in Atlantic City

Yes, cesspool/septic tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May 29, 2006
Is a cesspool the same as a septic tank or is it like the leech bed?

It technically means an open sewer tank and were once just a hole dug in the ground. Just above that is a "dry well" which is a perforated or open bottomed septic tank that is in a larger hole filled with gravel. Dry wells are sometimes referred to as cess pits. A septic tank is usually hooked up to a leech field unless it's pumped regularly.

drescape24

Bronze
Nov 2, 2011
Let's see..... in four months we had to:

1. Cesspool collapsed, had to have a new one dug and the old one refilled [Mr. AE used dirt from new hole - and a wheelbarrow]
2. Extended block wall because the barbed wire doesn't keep neighbors and animals out - but wall caused flooding on their side, so we had to have 6" pipes installed along that portion of the wall so the water would flow to our side. Otherwise they threatened to break the wall - and this bunch would do it.
3. Cement roof in our well pump house [12x12'???] started sagging - hire someone to take down the roof. Hired a welder to frame new roof and install colored aluzinc roof.
4. Massive mango tree, probably 5-6 stories tall, died. Hired guys to take it down. The only problem is it fell in the wrong direction, and took down other trees, my clothesline, etc. with it.
5. Had cistern cleaned - there was MUD at the bottom, yuck
6. Someone used an appliance on inverter - and blew the transistors in the inverter.
7. Torrential rains = roof leaks. Buy gallons of sealer.
8. Finally got replacement controller for our Generac generator, and when it was connected to the propane tank there was an explosion that blew up the cover to the filter.
9. Lid lock on Whirlpool washer malfunctioned day before leaving, clothes stuck in machine. Note to self: never buy any appliance with electronic anything.
10. Don't get me started on our dog issues this trip.
11. Decided to enclose the front of house with 'decorative ironwork', two doors. Came with base coat of paint, had to hire guy to come and paint with industrial enamel paint.
12. Hired guy to plow back of house [6-8 tareas] with a tractor.

Four months. We spent about $20,000. Not counting the money spent on bringing in the car. [About $4000]. Barely left our area. Ouch.

I am Sorry to hear that. I guess you win for having the best ( if I can say that) story. I hope its only a one time fix. Sorry to hear about the mango tree. I enjoy a good mango.
So south jersey is looking better and better! Don't rush it, its still chilly and very windy with many forest fires over the last three days. Hope you have a safe flight home.
Oh ex taj mahal slot tech ( 15 years ) here and instructor at CCI for advance slot machine repair. Glad to hear Mr Ae retired. The industry isnt the same as it was. :(

drescape24

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
Getting one thing accomplished in day without a hitch is considered a good day. 3 things done in a day without a hitch is like winning the lotto.