Traffic Stop Police Kills Architect

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
According to a preliminary report, Corporal Janli Disla Batista, 30 years old, was traveling with his wife and children on a motorcycle when around 7:30 pm, he was hit in the back by Leslie Rosado, who was driving a white Mercedes Benz GLE 450.

The document says that Disla’s family was left lying on the pavement while the architect did not stop on the spot, so the agent enlisted the help of another person to pursue the vehicle.

1. Did the moto have lights in the back and was it driving properly? I'm asking as I have sometimes nightmares driving in the night here with half the motos without any lights. Thankfully our vehicle has very strong ones so we don't really miss anything...

2. Yes, as others have said, he left his family on the pavement, in the night? I'm glad that an innocent tiny one (the infant) is fine, but still, traveling with your family like that? So the officer just got an adrenaline spike and went after the car?

aarhus

www.johnboyter.com
Jun 10, 2008
1. Did the moto have lights in the back and was it driving properly? I'm asking as I have sometimes nightmares driving in the night here with half the motos without any lights. Thankfully our vehicle has very strong ones so we don't really miss anything...

2. Yes, as others have said, he left his family on the pavement, in the night? I'm glad that an innocent tiny one (the infant) is fine, but still, traveling with your family like that? So the officer just got an adrenaline spike and went after the car?
Many on SoMe especially IG are suggesting it was an “atraco”.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014

2. Yes, as others have said, he left his family on the pavement, in t.

he night? I'm glad that an innocent tiny one (the infant) is fine, but still, traveling with your family like that? So the officer just got an adrenaline spike and went after the car?
Don't know. Wasn't there and I do not drive in this country.
What I do know is that the officer decided to settle it out of court.
Sad..
Again, Respect.
Responsibility.
(ya can ad refunds in there as well)
Welcome To Wonderland.

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
But just playing devils advocate. If someone knocks you and your family off a motorbike and then drives off leaving you for dead you are going to be seriously angry aren't you. I would be anyway. Not excusing killing her but I can see why he chased after her

Big

Apr 24, 2019
29 posts and not a single person has asked about health and well-being of this officer's family (including his two children)
who were knocked off the motorbike and left lying on the pavement?
Nothing mentioned about it in the media either?
Dominican Today has since removed the statement from this article published earlier this morning
when they said "his 9 month old baby was also knocked to the ground"

Police say it was an off-duty corporal who killed architect Leslie Rosado
Santo Domingo, DR -
According to the National Police, an off-duty corporal killed architect Leslie Rosado on Saturday night in the vicinity of Boca Chica.

According to a preliminary report, Corporal Janli Disla Batista, 30 years old, was traveling with his wife and children on a motorcycle when around 7:30 pm, he was hit in the back by Leslie Rosado, who was driving a white Mercedes Benz GLE 450.

The document says that Disla’s family was left lying on the pavement while the architect did not stop on the spot, so the agent enlisted the help of another person to pursue the vehicle.

Sounds like a classic "case" of the upper-class "Haves" not having much respect for the lower-class "Have Nots"
and appears the officer made the unfortunate decision to settle this "case" out of court.

Sad this guy's kids ended up on the pavement.
Sad some people seem to think the lower class are just trash.
Sad this chic got popped with her daughter sitting next to her in the front seat.
Sad so many people from both the upper and lower class have so little respect for each other.
RIP.
Welcome To Wonderland.
Yea I saw the front end damage to the Mercedes. It definitely hit something... hard. Not saying it's the case here but alcohol plays a huge part in these type of cases. If this incident occurred in Puta Cana it would probably get more press, but in the nitty gritty city it's just another Bronx tale

aarhus

www.johnboyter.com
Jun 10, 2008
Yea I saw the front end damage to the Mercedes. It definitely hit something... hard. Not saying it's the case here but alcohol plays a huge part in these type of cases. If this incident occurred in Puta Cana it would probably get more press, but in the nitty gritty city it's just another Bronx tale
It’s getting a lot of press in Santo Domingo. They were at her dads birthday party. Probably alcohol was served but she was also pregnant. She was an architect. Her dad in construction and her husband a well known real estate broker.

FGUnsworth1

Oct 18, 2003
That might have been from AFTER she was fatally shot ..
The word on the street is it was MINOR damage, and she just wanted to go .. and he was not hurt .
he definitely shot her in a fit of Road Rage . it was no accident
He was OFF duty. so the " Policia ,stop" order does not hold water as a Defense ..
He is a piece of isht , there is no doubt about it .. but the FACTS of HOW it went down are still very much in question .
He may be lying about shooting At the car to get it to stop . but that is also very wrong .
He is toast , no matter what is found out ..but its not enough . this woman was Executed for doing minor damage to his Moto .
I am very curious about the Front end Damage now .
She hit the back of his moto with the front end of her car, thus the front end damage. It is the side damage and the damage to the Mercedes that is either puzzling or pre-existing

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013

Interesting... The daughter speaking said that the moto hit them from the back... So the victim here hit nobody, but they were hit... Also Diario Libre reports the same... Said by pastor with whom the daughter was speaking...

" bordo de su yipeta, esta fue impactada en la parte de atrás por un motor y “no vieron a nadie”."

Reactions: bonao99

aarhus

www.johnboyter.com
Jun 10, 2008

Interesting... The daughter speaking said that the moto hit them from the back... So the victim here hit nobody, but they were hit... Also Diario Libre reports the same... Said by pastor with whom the daughter was speaking...

" bordo de su yipeta, esta fue impactada en la parte de atrás por un motor y “no vieron a nadie”."
It says in article he said “Wao I killed her” and the other guy with him said “You screwed up and killed her”. That’s how I understood that part. And she said according to the daughter while driving “We are being followed by robbers”.

Big

Apr 24, 2019

Pictures show no damage to the rear of the Mercedes, probably ran over it and it came out from the back

aarhus

www.johnboyter.com
Jun 10, 2008
Pictures show no damage to the rear of the Mercedes, probably ran over it and it came out from the back
I am not sure I am understanding this. Please clarify your theory.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
“We are being followed by robbers”.
This is a very good point and just to give you an idea of how screwed up things are with the police in this country...
Not trying to go off-topic but..... these folks masquerading as police got these official uniforms and their equipment from (today's news) who???
1633401033304.png

bonao99

Jun 11, 2005
I doubt that He was traveling with His wife in the moto. Police report saying now that the moto did not carry license plate and chassis number
has been altered.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
I am not sure I am understanding this. Please clarify your theory.
Sometimes when you completely run over something and it comes out of the back it would be hard to discern what exactly happened if you were a passenger.

aarhus

www.johnboyter.com
Jun 10, 2008
This is a very good point and just to give you an idea of how screwed up things are with the police in this country...
Not trying to go off-topic but..... these folks masquerading as police got these official uniforms and their equipment from (today's news) who???
View attachment 4876
This is one issue I don’t really think the president can take much blame for. It seems to go years back and is systemic but of course for the police to be better educated the whole population in general would have to be better educated. A bit off topic.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
You could also add that it is also sad that a police officer, no less, finds it acceptable to pile his family of 4--- including a 9 month old infant --- on a motorbike, at night, with zero thoughts of how things could turn south real quick.

As I said in post #2, this incident has so many things wrong with it, it could be a caricature of what is wrong with the DR.
Wonder if he had working l tail ight? Like so many here do not. In my opinion it you ride a moto at night with no light behind and are struck from the rear no charges should be filed.
It is so easy to glance back before you leave to see if your taillight functions.

Reactions: drstock

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Wonder if he had working l tail ight? Like so many here do not. In my opinion it you ride a moto at night with no light behind and are struck from the rear no charges should be filed.
It is so easy to glance back before you leave to see if your taillight functions.
They know and don't care.

There's a whole mindset behind why they don't have lights but I really don't want to start that conversation here.
Suffice to say many of these bikes have charging systems that blow out a bulb if it's not set up correctly.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
They know and don't care.

There's a whole mindset behind why they don't have lights but I really don't want to start that conversation here.
Suffice to say many of these bikes have charging systems that blow out a bulb if it's not set up correctly.
Likely because they are Chinese made.

I'm curious to know that mindset of a moron who puts his own life at stake m