Travel around the coast

djstone

Apr 9, 2008
hey
I am going to be traveling around the coast from may 4 to june 1. The plan is to go to Punta Cana for 10 days then Samana for 7 days and then Cabarete for 7 days with 4 days of wiggle room.
I have a few questions I was just wondering if I need to have reservations or will there be room?
How much does the average hotel cost I am not looking for an all inclusive just a decent hotel
How hard is it to get around the coast?
Thanks

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
You're timing should be good in that those dates are during the lower season, so reservations probably won't be necessary. You should double check specific dates for Dominican Holidays though. As for hotel pricing, the rates are all over the place from the low $30's per night to well over $200-300, at that time of year you should be able to find decent accommodations, without a lot of "frills" in all three places in the $40-$50 range.

As for traveling the coast, unfortunately there's no good way to get to the North Coast from the East Coast except for the ferry from Sabana de la Mar to Samana...from there it's a straight and very easy drive to Cabarete. Most people however, travel from Punta Cana to Santo Domingo, then through the middle of the Country to the North Coast...you can either come out close to Cabarete or close to Samana.