Typical Dominican thing??

Status
Not open for further replies.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Since she's a US citizen, there is a possibility that she married someone to sponsor them to the US. That's assuming she has a decent job in the US that qualifies her to bring a spouse.

i would agree with you there. that seems like the most likely possibility. business transaction..no more, no less.

cbmitch9

Bronze
Nov 3, 2010
Man I can only wonder if she did have the child with me how this would of played out.. Just how I figured.. she let things slip when she got mad kinda in the effect like leaving me for someone else.. she seemed overly mad because she lost the child

Count your blessings cooldude. You got off easy.

Buffness

Self-imposed banned🫢
Oct 9, 2014
As most have said , dust yourself off and move on . Look at it this way - she just opened your eyes to a lot of things one of which should be - don't be too trusting and giving  ( to just anyone) . See the money and time you wasted on her as the cost of learning this lesson . 

2dlight

Bronze
Jun 3, 2004
I met an uncle for the time in Santo Domingo two months ago. While engaged  in conversation, his wife called her sister to tell her she'd met me,and that I was a US citizen. The conversation abruptly changed to would I be willing to marry the sister for a fee and that maybe "something would develop between us". Not to be rude I told them I'd have to give that a lot of thought(should have said no immediately)and I'd get back to them. Three weeks later I visit the uncle while walking in his neighborhood in the Bronx and the wife calls her sister back in the DR. She hands me the phone and sister starts complaining that she went by my dad's house(where I met the new uncle)and that I wasn't there and it cost her money. I told her I was out of the country and didn't ask her to visit me. I hung the phone; don't need/want people like that in my life, family or not.

thecooldude

Sep 10, 2017
Since she's a US citizen, there is a possibility that she married someone to sponsor them to the US. That's assuming she has a decent job in the US that qualifies her to bring a spouse.

Meh her job is OK most certnly not as well as my job I mean I'm a driver at UPS so I make very decent money to the fact she always wanted to keep tabs on my check and all..

Count your blessings cooldude. You got off easy.
Yeah I really did get off easy as I almost had a child with this girl.. she seemed very upset over the lost of the child but I feel she was going to use that to trap me.. wait a sec I KNOW she was going to use it to trap me.. she would slip and say things like "Just because I want to have your child doesn't mean I want to be with you"

As most have said , dust yourself off and move on . Look at it this way - she just opened your eyes to a lot of things one of which should be - don't be too trusting and giving  ( to just anyone) . See the money and time you wasted on her as the cost of learning this lesson . 
Near the end I got very tight with the money because I saw her patterns.. Next one it's going to have to be dating for a minimum of 5 years before I bring anyone around my family.. I'm more embarrassed then anything else.
I met an uncle for the time in Santo Domingo two months ago. While engaged  in conversation, his wife called her sister to tell her she'd met me,and that I was a US citizen. The conversation abruptly changed to would I be willing to marry the sister for a fee and that maybe "something would develop between us". Not to be rude I told them I'd have to give that a lot of thought(should have said no immediately)and I'd get back to them. Three weeks later I visit the uncle while walking in his neighborhood in the Bronx and the wife calls her sister back in the DR. She hands me the phone and sister starts complaining that she went by my dad's house(where I met the new uncle)and that I wasn't there and it cost her money. I told her I was out of the country and didn't ask her to visit me. I hung the phone; don't need/want people like that in my life, family or not.
Yeah I DO NOT want to get involved in this crazy game they got going on... smiling in my face when they knew what the hell was going on.. I asked her how much money was involved she was like none at all.. that's a BS lie.. last she was stressing out how she was going to pay for school and all

Apr 10, 2014
Hopefully you will learn from this experience and not make the same mistake again. Still to this day do not understand why a man remarries.

Apr 7, 2014
It's like the other way around
A. She thought you were a millionaire, literally worth at least $1,000,000. So therefore you would shower her with gifts. Even if she lives in NYC, they think they are poor and you are a millionaire. Somebody is buying those $3,000,000 apartments on Madison Avenue and $110,000 Tesla sedans.

B. If she would have had YOUR child the hustle would be all over for her because most all Dominican men dont want a woman with another man's child. And even when they do it still is usually a ruse to use her for an ulterior gain.

Sent from my Z833 using Tapatalk

Apr 7, 2014
They volunteered you to marry her. Man that sounds like a.legal nightware in this Trump Admin. To get caught in something fraudulent like that.

They got ICE guys at county court these days to sweep guys up when they come off probation. What happens when you walk into a government building?

alexw

Gold
Sep 6, 2008
NYC-SDQ BABY!
This is going to sound harsh but I don't know why youre so upset. She pleasured you for years, she doesn't have any of your children, you only gave her some money, and you don't have any legal ties to her. Most importantly you learned who she truly was. Listen its the Dominican Republic her replacement is literally on every street corner, just as beautiful or better. Like the others have said brush yourself off and get in between the legs of a younger better version.

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
She said;
"Just because I want to have your child doesn't mean I want to be with you" ???
and you didn't kick her to the curb immediately?

English is my first language but you and I do not speak the same language.

Manuel01

Apr 1, 2009
Move On !!!... happens to the Best

My girlfriend of two years who lives in the U.S. and is a citizen since 2006.. man this is crazy... yeah we had arguments and so on anyways she tells me shes going to DR for 2 weeks so we chat and facetime and all that stuff.. one of her last things she asked me was if I loved her and next time I called she was very non-chatty.. rushed me off the phone twice then after I noticed her time was longer then 2 weeks (the storm did not help) she tells me she was married? I was in shock after I saw the pictures.. she was saying this guy who has a taxi in DR wanted to marry her.. but it looked somewhat like a simple wedding or whatever..

The crazy thing is all those times I would come see her the mother and the whole family smiled and asked me how I was doing like nothing was going on.. I feel so blindsided.. not only for 2 years down the drain but all the time and money I spent on her..

I'm wondering how in the hell this happened? It's funny no one has posted pictures of it however.

In a few month she gonna contact you again to tell you that she made a mistake and she truly loves you bla bla bla. In case you send another cent, i kill you myself.

thecooldude

Sep 10, 2017
They volunteered you to marry her. Man that sounds like a.legal nightware in this Trump Admin. To get caught in something fraudulent like that.

They got ICE guys at county court these days to sweep guys up when they come off probation. What happens when you walk into a government building?

I guess they are going to play this until they can't play it no more?

A. She thought you were a millionaire, literally worth at least $1,000,000. So therefore you would shower her with gifts. Even if she lives in NYC, they think they are poor and you are a millionaire. Somebody is buying those $3,000,000 apartments on Madison Avenue and $110,000 Tesla sedans.

B. If she would have had YOUR child the hustle would be all over for her because most all Dominican men dont want a woman with another man's child. And even when they do it still is usually a ruse to use her for an ulterior gain.

Yeah I made off good and dodged a bullet not having the child not only that one of her ovaries had to be removed.. as she told me "you marked me for life" I kinda felt like she was blaming me for that... crazy

This is going to sound harsh but I don't know why youre so upset. She pleasured you for years, she doesn't have any of your children, you only gave her some money, and you don't have any legal ties to her. Most importantly you learned who she truly was. Listen its the Dominican Republic her replacement is literally on every street corner, just as beautiful or better. Like the others have said brush yourself off and get in between the legs of a younger better version.

This is true it's funny when I last contacted her she was like I shouldn't even be talking to you and all that she used to get extremely jealous.. I was unable to go to a wedding without her thinking I was going to take a girl home.
She said;
"Just because I want to have your child doesn't mean I want to be with you" ???
and you didn't kick her to the curb immediately?

English is my first language but you and I do not speak the same language.
And you know what she said to that (I saved the whole convo and brought it back up) she's like that was back then and things change.. yeah sure..

In a few month she gonna contact you again to tell you that she made a mistake and she truly loves you bla bla bla. In case you send another cent, i kill you myself.

LOL yeah me and my friend know that's going to come she would be a damn fool if she tries that now I remember her asking me to tell her not to release the nude photos I have of her...

I'm really really trying to hold off sending it to her "new husband"

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
LOL yeah me and my friend know that's going to come she would be a damn fool if she tries that now I remember her asking me to tell her not to release the nude photos I have of her...

I'm really really trying to hold off sending it to her "new husband"

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Buffness

Self-imposed banned🫢
Oct 9, 2014
Don't. Take the high road and just move on a bit wiser. 

I agree . What will you gain by doing that? Nowadays it's considered childish anyway - it will say  more about you than her . Take alexw's advice and move on .

2dlight

Bronze
Jun 3, 2004
Live up to your handle and just be a cool dude and enjoy your life. Come back to the DR and sample the plethora of feminine flavors that populate the country(don't read too much into that)and make believe you're at Baskin Robbins: 31 flavors +

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
She will be back. They never burn the bridge. Common tactic is to pass you on to a friend or sister in the meantime. No point in wasting a perfectly good gringo.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
She will be back. They never burn the bridge. Common tactic is to pass you on to a friend or sister in the meantime. No point in wasting a perfectly good gringo.

they never burn the bridge,nor do they lose the phone number. it will always come in handy.

there was a lady who lived in my apartment complex some time back, with whom i had a civil relationship. hi, hello, and how. we exchanged phone numbers, which was as deep as our relationship went. she moved away about a year and a half ago, and i never heard from her since.

until yesterday. she called just to say hello, by her explanation. however, before she hung up, she asked me if i would mind putting two hundred pesos of recarga on her phone. yes, i did it.

a phone number is never wasted.

Status
Not open for further replies.