warnings - contd

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
ERICKXSON said:
Look, maybe i went a bit off with you ladies and i apologize i really don't like to generalize on cultures or people from a certain country remember assumptions are the mother of screwups, i saw the title read the message and automatically was offended i know you were reffering to a Sankie reason i made my comment just to bother you, there's alot of people that frequent this board and they do not know Dominicans can you imagine the beautifull impression this assumptions that all Dominicans are Sankies will leave in their heads coming from people that live or frequent the island country on a monthly basis or so. I'm very proud of being Dominican i do hate scumbags, a Sankies is just another scam.

ERICKXSON

Clap clap clap... truth wins out in the end. My best friends are real Dominicans both in the States and in the DR. I love Dominicans and the Dominican Republic. I just call a spade a spade. Some folks don't like it but I would be happy to debate my opinions till the day I die.

Escott

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Ok jazzy baby so what do you suggest we do? Warning anyone just doesn't work. Most people come asking questions after they have doubts which might be too late and others keep on doing the same.

And by the way we might be scaring others from meeting a good guy while they are there.

What if this 42 year old Brit women knows exactly what she is getting into and does want to help him and his family? She is not the person complaining here is she? So she gets a few good years out of it so what? Maybe she can aford it. Why are we always the judge and jury here and have to impose our ways on others? How many old guys spend hundreds or more for you know what. Why is it ok for men but we all have to get out the firehose for the women?

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
By the way jazzy did your condo close yesterday? When are you moving to the DR?

AlaninDR

Mr. Chunky Skin
Dec 17, 2002
My view is "if you want it and can afford the cost, get it". Men or women, all the same. Since i'm not a controlling person and what they do will not affect me, I can easily be an uninterested person in how others spend, flaunt or waste their resources. I'm not taking my money with me and the kids have already got about all they're going to get. Maybe I should "broaden" my horizons. What were those directions to Remington Palace?

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
There is a big difference between a Whore and a Sankie.

A whore is a business Person. It is a finacial transaction. Money or Goods in exchange for Sex or intimacy. SOme men are foolish enough to think they are in love but that is their fault.

A Sankie preys upon a humans emotions. That makes them much worse in my book! These women truley believe the have found the love of their lives.

If A woman wants to pay to get some Dark Meat thats ok by me. I don't see why though. even the ugliest woman can get laid for free without much effort.

Anna,
The main purpose of DR1's fourm is Entertainment. I know Robert might argue the point but it is true.
The posts by the "Sankie Searchers" are some of the most popular. Just look at the Numbers. I say let them run their course.

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Re: Dominican men or Sankie.......

Keep in mind also that "Sanki" is a four letter word in this forum so posters must "generalize" by saying Dominican men or the thread "dies" post haste.
Keep in mind also that not all sankies are out to "hoodwink" a Canadian Fattie (as Jazz would say) or a 40 something Brit (or German or Frenchman or Italian) into marriage as a ticket out of the country......some are just trying to suppliment their meagre take home pay from their resort job so they can support their wife and children. That doesn't make them "bad" people - just people with questionable moral ethics.

Remember the old Beatles Hit "Can't buy me love!!" - but sex is pretty cheap in the DR.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Back just in time.

Mommc the only place I asked you to keep the words sankie/puta was out of my positive stories about Dominicans. I don't care a flying leap where else you use those words.

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
Re: Re: Dominican men or Sankie.......

MommC said:
That doesn't make them "bad" people

YES IT DOES!!!!!!

It is ok to lie and use people just so you can have some nice clothes or pay your cel phone bill? I guess working hard is out of the question?

maryanne

Mar 16, 2003
I believe everything in life comes full circle.
Treat others as you would like to be treated.
Respect others as you would like to be respected.

Obviously, not everyone shares my views, but it doesn't mean I should trash them. We're all human and we all serve a purpose in this life. In the end, it is not for me to judge.

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Obviously Tony C, you've never gotten to know a Sanki/puta well.

They DO WORK HARD!! and suffer a lot of abuse at times.
While I don't feel sorry for them for their chosen "career" as a human being I can sympathize with those who are trying to do the best they can for their families with the limited resources available to them. It is certainly sad that they live in a society where they must sell their bodies to any willing payer to be able to feed their families.
I'm NOT talking about those that are running a scam to get out of the country and run rough shod over their "marks" but about those that have resorted to this occupation as the only avenue for feeding their families.
If you wish to construe what I've said here, above, and in the past - so be it!
Some of these people are otherwise gentle souls with many redeeming qualities who have resorted to allowing themselves to be "used and abused" for the survival of their families.

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Anna Coniglio said:
Ok jazzy baby so what do you suggest we do? Warning anyone just doesn't work. Most people come asking questions after they have doubts which might be too late and others keep on doing the same.

And by the way we might be scaring others from meeting a good guy while they are there.

What if this 42 year old Brit women knows exactly what she is getting into and does want to help him and his family? She is not the person complaining here is she? So she gets a few good years out of it so what? Maybe she can aford it. Why are we always the judge and jury here and have to impose our ways on others? How many old guys spend hundreds or more for you know what. Why is it ok for men but we all have to get out the firehose for the women?

I don't care if she can afford it and knows what she is getting into. That is just as fine with me. It is good for the Dominican Economy in that case with Remittence. Any deal where both people are happy is a GOOD deal. Goes for men/women, women/men, Real Estate, family etc..

I just object when I read the women that come back here kickin and screaming when they don't get the whole enchilata and didn't know what they were buying into. We offer education and even if they don't take heed I feel that we have expressed ourselves honestly and tried.

I don't really care what anyone does either good or bad as long as it doesn't affect me. I go through this life with no regrets and am happy that way.

Clear?

My real estate purchase didn't close yesterday and wont till next week because of a check having to clear an escrow account in NY so I have been told. I am assured it is a done deal next week and I will let you know.

Scott

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
Re: Obviously Tony C, you've never gotten to know a Sanki/puta well.

MommC said:

Some of these people are otherwise gentle souls with many redeeming qualities who have resorted to allowing themselves to be "used and abused" for the survival of their families.

I never bad mouth prostitution. Its a job.

But to call a sankie "used and abused" is just ridiculous. Who is used and abused? The poor victim! You are just as bad as the other women. You believe their sob stories. Sankies are proud of their proffesion and what they do.

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Watched it again

I was just at a resort for 2 weeks in July. I've been 12 times so I've seen it happen over and over again.

Older woman from England was asked out on a "date" by a bartender at the resort. Next day she was in tears. Turns out she didn't expect to pay for the cab fare or anything else. She clearly did not understand what was going on.

Well she was late 50's, pretty but overweight. He was early 20's, good looking and smooth! Duh - obvious to the rest of us but not to her.

I explained to her what was going on - she was shocked. I truly believe she was naive! What she did then was to make an informed choice, they went out the following evening and I assume they both got what they were looking for.

I don't care what 2 informed adults decide to do! It's when one party misleads the other that things turn ugly.

Male prostitutes shouldn't pose as anything else! And we shouldn't assume that these women understand what is going on. It is entirely possible that this is outside their experience!

This does leave a bad taste for some of the tourists though! Then again it is what some of them return for.

Just my 2 cents worth......

Linda Stapleton

Jun 3, 2003
I've been following this with interest and would like to throw in a slightly different slant. I accept that this forum is primarily for fun and entertainment, but these are serious issues we're discussing.

Whilst it may seem that all these "Canadian fatties" should be able to see what they are getting into, there really are a lot of women, and men, who come here for the first time, maybe never having travelled much or at all, and honestly don't have a clue what they are getting into. I was one of them, but an English rather than Canadian larger woman. Not everyone has read this site before they come, and many never read it when they are here, they're too busy taking in everything this country has to offer! They've probably never experienced anything like it...... I hadn't.

I love this country and the Dominican people and choose to continue to stay, after three years of coming here as a tourist and now three years of living here. I've been taken in more times than I care to admit. Knowing a fair bit now about how some Dominican men and women operate, I'm still not totally secure in my belief that it can't happen again, unless I avoid Dominican men altogether. Sankies, or users as I prefer to think of them, come in a range of disguises (and are not only Dominican, of course). The obvious ones are easy to spot and avoid, once you know what you are looking for, but it's easy to be taken in by others who appear to be more "respectable". All relationships comprise of some kind of trade off, but when that is hidden or misrepresented, people get hurt. Otherwise intelligent, successful and independent people can be reduced to powerless, self-sabotaging and hurting wrecks because they believed they were being offered love, when in fact they weren't. It may have been apparent for everyone else to see, but not to them, and that's a horrible, humiliating experience to find yourself in.

You can abuse us as much as you like, but I think those who said it's not going to prevent this happening again, have it right. Forewarned should be forearmed, but it's not always that simple, unfortunately. That's not to say that the warnings aren't still important and valuable, if they prevent at least some of these sorry sagas. I also agree that some people thrive on the drama.
I'm not one of them anymore, and now want some happiness and peace in my life.

I could go on in this vein for hours, but if there is anyone reading this, male or female, fat or thin, young or old, who still loves this country, has had their fingers burned or their heart broken, and still hangs on to the hope that it may be possible to have a good life in this country (whether or not that involves being in a relationship with a Dominican), drop me a personal e-mail, for sharing, friendship and mutual support.

"I have woven a parachute out of everything broken."

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Thank you Linda. That was very well put. I see no need for harsh words either.

lalla

Bronze
Mar 10, 2003
Re: Re: Dominican men or Sankie.......

MommC said:
That doesn't make them "bad" people - just people with questionable moral ethics.

I personally think it makes them terrible people...preying on someone else's emotions to gain something is SELFFISH....i mean there are people out there that are being taken advantage of with their knowledge, in that case i see it as though "your being taken of advantage of becuase you are allowing it to happen."...but someone completely oblivious to this tactics these sankies use??? i think its repulsive AND WRONG WRONG

Forbeca

Bronze
Mar 5, 2003
They are not terrible people....

You obviously don't deal with cutthroats everyday. I would like for you to sit in in one of my office meetings one day so you can witness bad people first hand. These are just desperate people who have lost hope. What they do is not right, we all know that, but as far as being terrible people, I wouldn't go that far.

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
Linda...

Very well said...

I hope to meet you once I'm settled there...Are you in Santo Domingo?

lalla is obviously a young person that feels hurt by something that happend to her...

If you had to deal with people in the kind of business I'm in...you would be so 'curada de espanto' that nothing would affect you!!!

lalla

Bronze
Mar 10, 2003
Re: Linda...

Musicqueen said:
Very well said...

I hope to meet you once I'm settled there...Are you in Santo Domingo?

lalla is obviously a young person that feels hurt by something that happend to her...

If you had to deal with people in the kind of business I'm in...you would be so 'curada de espanto' that nothing would affect you!!!

Music, i am young but i have NEVER been hurt in that way, but it doesnt mean i might not know about that kind of pain by others experience, i dont have to experience it first hand to know. I have come across my share of snakes, hell there's a bunch of them in my family, the men, and that is why i say this behaviour is wrong, its a shame to see the emotional damage caused to the unsuspecting person(women mostly)....

Linda put it best in her description, most times these people do not realise they are being taken and thats when i feel this is wrong, whether is for their SICK MOTHERS, or to support their families, someone else should not have to carry the brunt of their responsibilities just becuase they might think the person is well off and can be taken advantage of.....its wrong in my book

ERICKXSON

Bronze
Dec 24, 2002
www.creambay.com
You guys are making me feel really really bad and low, how come you are going to tell the world that all Dominican man take advantage of women by taking there money and so forth what is this a complot against us? or what? i really don't care you can kill the Sankies if you want but DOMINICAN MEN is a big word more than 4 millions of them.