What are Dominican woman like? What are Dominican man like?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Someone1997

Feb 21, 2016
Submissive is definitely not a word that I would use for Dominicanas. Women are definitely willing to make hard decisions to protect their family and themselves. They may appear to be submissive as long as the good times are flowing, but if that spigot turns off, watch out.

The men definitely fit right in with other Latin men. They can range from hardworking family man to pathological gamers, players, and liars with everything in between.

I've definitely run into more people here that, from my perspective, have difficulty with the truth and their reality is very malleable to the point that I'm not sure they even know the truth. Even the concept of truth may be completely lost on some people. A liar implies an intent to deceive which is often not the case. I think most European or North American countries would diagnose such people as having a personality disorder, but here we just refer to it as Dominican.

As a whole, I wouldn't describe Dominicans as monogamous. A definite "mixed" strategy that gives randy bird species some serious competition.

I've also met some of the most genuine, authentic people that I've had to pleasure to get to know. It's a wider spectrum than you'd find in the USA.

There, that should clear things up. :)

Do you say about Dominican men, women or both?

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
How did you do that?

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk

I went to the site, typed in sapiophile and copied the URL. I then typed LMGTFY into my message and pasted the link into the text I had typed. Easy to do on a PC.

Bundel2014

Feb 11, 2017
I think the age of the Dominican person comes into play. dominican persons of say 60 to 80,will tell of a different time,in the relactions of husbands and their esposas. The young age 15 to 40,have a way different veiw of life.Same as in the US.

Aug 6, 2006
I considered that sapiophile might mean "toad lover",(since a sapo is a toad) but then googled the word and it means "lover of brainy people", and I agree that perhaps the DR is not the best place for sapiophiles.
I know there are toads in the DR, but I have seen only frogs so far.
On the other hand, I have not been looking for amphibians.

Russell

Jun 17, 2017
No experience with men!
But the Dominican women are very appreciative. Especially when a Gringo is the source of family economics.
At least the ones that I am familiar with.
I support my immediate family and her extended family to one measure or another.
Very, Very appreciative!
SO there is another attribute and kudos for Dominican Women.

Russell

jstarebel

Silver
Oct 4, 2013
Oh what the heck. May as well throw in my nickels worth. "Never get between a Dominicana and her children". I just did this to drive home a point and spent two days in a hotel because there needed to be a few changes. Either you are the head of the family or you're not. I am, and I will further say that if you are too nice or viewed as weak, then you will have your S/O and family taking advantage of you constantly. I was successful in my efforts. "Age of the Dominicans". I agree to a point, but disagree citing that I believe it has more to do with upbringing. Do the parents care and raise their children, or allow the campo or barrio to raise them? I've seen hovenes and 40 ish women who are respectful and responsible and I've seen skanks and putas who care nothing except for themselves. There is a lady in the Barrio who has always been a puta. You know, has a kid to care for and no man, so she does what she has to. She's in her mid 30's I guess. She met a man and had another kid with him. He has cared for her and the two children for the past three years and believe it or not, he's in Connecticut US now and they will be joining him in February. Wahooo!! they get to all go to the states right? Two nights ago, she hoped on the back of a moto for a quickie with a guy because she spent too much on playing the lottery and needed the money for Navidad or her husband would find out and be mad.. Stupid huh?? Jeopardizing what every Dominican wants.. So I guess this would be where "She Love you Long time" would come into play. On the other side of the coin, I know a very good looking chica with a husband who works in La Capital and she lives in our POP Barrio. Wonderful girl in her late 20's with two kids who very seldom goes up to the street at night to drink a few beers and listen to music. Takes after her mother who NEVER goes up top and watches over the children like a hawk. This young lady also has the respect of the men in the barrio who of course are always on the hunt for an easy piece.. "Impatient".. You bet they are as are the men. Dominicans in general have a very difficult time looking further than a single day and have very little patience. (I've just explained my personal issue that I spoke of earlier). Last is for Russell about how they appreciate their Gringo when you are their sole family support. Good luck with this, and I say this sincerely because more times than not, you will be taken to the cleaners unless you are a very strong individual who makes all of the decisions and is completely in charge of the family. If what I have just wrote is correct, then your post has merit. If not, then whoever thinks this way is in for one heck of a ride. Bottom line is just like everywhere else in the world, there are all kinds of different people and one needs to be able to understand the differences between good people and bad. Dominican's are no different. Good luck with your Dominican education.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Dominican women order Langosta if you are buying.
Rice and beans if she buys her own

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
they like to dance.
Beyond that it is generalizations based on ones good or bad experiences.
Left out one. Dominicanas spend time and money on clothes, nails, hair and shoes.

cbmitch9

Bronze
Nov 3, 2010
Oh what the heck. May as well throw in my nickels worth. "Never get between a Dominicana and her children". I just did this to drive home a point and spent two days in a hotel because there needed to be a few changes. Either you are the head of the family or you're not. I am, and I will further say that if you are too nice or viewed as weak, then you will have your S/O and family taking advantage of you constantly. I was successful in my efforts. "Age of the Dominicans". I agree to a point, but disagree citing that I believe it has more to do with upbringing. Do the parents care and raise their children, or allow the campo or barrio to raise them? I've seen hovenes and 40 ish women who are respectful and responsible and I've seen skanks and putas who care nothing except for themselves. There is a lady in the Barrio who has always been a puta. You know, has a kid to care for and no man, so she does what she has to. She's in her mid 30's I guess. She met a man and had another kid with him. He has cared for her and the two children for the past three years and believe it or not, he's in Connecticut US now and they will be joining him in February. Wahooo!! they get to all go to the states right? Two nights ago, she hoped on the back of a moto for a quickie with a guy because she spent too much on playing the lottery and needed the money for Navidad or her husband would find out and be mad.. Stupid huh?? Jeopardizing what every Dominican wants.. So I guess this would be where "She Love you Long time" would come into play. On the other side of the coin, I know a very good looking chica with a husband who works in La Capital and she lives in our POP Barrio. Wonderful girl in her late 20's with two kids who very seldom goes up to the street at night to drink a few beers and listen to music. Takes after her mother who NEVER goes up top and watches over the children like a hawk. This young lady also has the respect of the men in the barrio who of course are always on the hunt for an easy piece.. "Impatient".. You bet they are as are the men. Dominicans in general have a very difficult time looking further than a single day and have very little patience. (I've just explained my personal issue that I spoke of earlier). Last is for Russell about how they appreciate their Gringo when you are their sole family support. Good luck with this, and I say this sincerely because more times than not, you will be taken to the cleaners unless you are a very strong individual who makes all of the decisions and is completely in charge of the family. If what I have just wrote is correct, then your post has merit. If not, then whoever thinks this way is in for one heck of a ride. Bottom line is just like everywhere else in the world, there are all kinds of different people and one needs to be able to understand the differences between good people and bad. Dominican's are no different. Good luck with your Dominican education.

BINGO!!

Status
Not open for further replies.