What did my friend do wrong?

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
I have to say that if you want to run a successful business in the DR, talk to some local ex-pats who have businesses and ask them how they did it.

But do not just show up asking questions. Make friends first.

B

batich

Sorry to hear about your friend but with the sort of naiivete that he displayed it seemed like he was just begging to get taken for a ride.

If you are running a business, whether it's selling real estate in paradise or selling ice cream cones in hell, you have to commit yourself to it and never take a day off.

If he was gone months at a time and was willing to share his profits 50/50 instead of paying the guy a regular bi-weekly salary, and left him an expense account with no accountability, does this sound like any way to run a business?

And this is'nt even taking into account that Sosua and Puerto Plata are havens for criminals on the run. He should have checked his background somehow. How did he come to trust this guy, anyway?-"I trust you because you speak my language and we drink the same beer, so here's some cash and the keys to the amusement park?" Is that how he thought it all out?

Maybe your friend is not cut out for the DR. There are other places in the world where bloated, elderly germans can get laid and drunk.

And yes, I may not speak his language but a least I'm trustworthy. And I can take german classes in Sosua, so whats' the big deal?;)

My friend does not speak German neither and never been to Germany. The other man who stole his money speaks a bit of German and works as a guide to German sex-tourists, not my friend. Sorry for unclear presentation of facts!

B

batich

Why dont you publish his name as a warning to others.

My friend`s name?

Or his former "worker-partner" name?

In both cases I am afraid it would infringe on my friend`s privacy as North Coast is very small area and it will be very clear right away who is my friend.

Anyway (as a hint) I think there is only one Azerbaijaninan in the whole Dom Resp.