whatr are the hottest clubs!!!!

ITALIAN99

Dec 17, 2008
the club at ocean world is called the lighthouse lounge. It is only a few minutes from your hotel and probably the only one that is similar to what you are envisioning, if you are comparing it at all to nyc or miami. It is all white with loungers, chairs, couches, etc, and everyone dresses up..at least a bit. The last time i was there they charged 100 or 200 pesos (about $3 or $6)...that included a "free" drink. There will most likely be a larger cover on nye, but it will be a huge party.

Playa dorado is about 15-20 minutes away by taxi. This is the only place you can really bar-hop, besides sosua. It sounds like this will be the best place for you to party...if the bars charge a cover, it shouldnt be more than $5 or so.

Sosua is another 20-30 minutes past playa dorada, but it's not worth the drive from sun village...especially for couples.

The closing times for bars are usually lifted between xmas and new years so the bars can stay open as late as they want.

The biggest party in the area will be at the beach in cabarete (several 1000 people, bars open all night)...but that is about an hour's drive from sun village...and i wouldn't want to be driving anywhere here on nye/nymorning.

The local bars and clubs are fun...and interesting, especially around the holidays, but will be nothing like you are probably expecting.

You can book taxis from the hotel, and they can arrange return trips.

From what i here, sun village has gone downhill a bit, but it is a very nice resort, but a little remote...most other resorts are near other resorts, this one is by itself. It's also very spread out so you will walk alot and you have to take alot of steps down the cliffs to get to the beach.

There are many great day trips/tours, including one that takes you to a place called the 27 waterfalls (damagua falls). You can book them at your hotel...but the prices will be better if you book it outside of the resort.

There are no snakes in the dr...at least none to be afraid of ;)

good luck and have fun!

and whats nye?

LaxTNT8877

Jul 20, 2009
Night clubs

Hey

My and a bunch of buddies (we will be 18) are coming to the DR from March 13-20th, 2010 for March Break. We are staying at the Grand Paradise Beach Resort in the Playa Dorada Complex. We definitely want to go out to Puerto Plata and also for sure Sosua for a few good crazy nights at the clubs.

We wanted to know which clubs/bars and maybe strip clubs in Puerto Plata and Sosua where to best to go to. we are pretty much up to anything and we most likely be bar/club hopping all night.