What's wrong with Dominican men?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 21, 2002
I'm sorry guys but TW is right. All DR men cheat. This has been ingrained in the Dominican psyche for centuries. We don't love in the sense of the wholesome feeling of unity. In the DR that is considered weakness. Weakness is looked down upon as being unfit for survival in these harsh conditions.

The DR man is a sinister being that enjoys the female organ for its pleasure and its odor. We are an animalistic debased race that thrives on lust. Dominican men including sankies will do things to women that others won't. I think its genetic or something. When I see any woman up to age 50 or not less than 15 all I think about is SEX. Most Dominicans feel the same way.

We don't hesitate to bring up sex immediately. Personally, I'll go up to any girl in Miami or the DR will ask right away if they want to have sex.Any Dominican male that takes a girl out must have sex that same day or there are no repeat visits unless he's fallen.

Also most of us are hypocrites when it comes to love. All are thinking something else in the back of their head.Even those married DR folk are thinking how they can cheat on their spouse.

I don't know what it is but in the DR there is a certain level of appreciation, admiration for evil. It might be called the Trujillo effect.

Mar 21, 2002
Go to the DR and find out for yourself. Everything I have stated is the truth, complete truth and nothing but the truth so help me God.

rrwells

Mar 19, 2002
O and C, I live in the DR. I live in Santo Domingo.
I know that some of your posts have been funny but sarcastic, I want to know if this one is too..

qisqeyana@aol.c

Apr 19, 2002
Your Dog might be more faithful!

I have 12Dominican uncles, due to their behabior and ego, I could not set myself up for a bad relationship , where I had to be constantly on guard, so I married a Bulgarian. They don't cheat, unless they want a divorce. Good providers and workcaholic. (some are alcoholics) Great husbands! been married to one for Thirty years.

Mar 21, 2002
Honestly the only Dominican men that you will meet that don't cheat and I know some personally are the radical religious ones. In a club or any festive places you will only meet the ones I described.

These religious folks are known as "convertidos". The DR is a land of extremes. Either the men are like Golo, AZB, the aforementioned y un servidor or are like the convertidos.

If you want to find a serious house bound family oriented man of one woman you must go to these churches. I am not saying the do what ever you want Catholic Church. Go to Evangelical,Pentecostal, Los de Mita,Convertidos, Jehovah's Witnesses, and any fundamental christian order in the DR. The vast majority of these men(about 95%) or more make good husbands. The convertidos are very strict. The men and women don't dance,listen to merengue or bachata. The JW's expel their members for various lude behaviours. I have friends in all of these and I will vouch as to the seriousness of the men.

Any other men will be like the ones I have stated above. The rest are exactly the way I have stated them.If you are Dominican and belong to any of these religions in a land of free sex and love you have an incredible willpower which I completely lack.

rrwells

Mar 19, 2002
I'm not LOOKING for ANY men, dominican or otherwise.. I'm just curious about the culture I'm living in. Thanks for the info.. dear O and C.

Meredith

LiVe ThE LiFe YoU iMaGiNeD
Jan 24, 2002
O&C...

What makes your opinion so right, when others who live there or have visited there disagree with you?
I for one do.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
In one of the early postings, rrwells asked if "the infamous Dominican infidelity is increasing or decreasing." It is my belief that it is decreasing. Most young Dominican fathers that I know are talking about wanting no more than one or two children so that they can better provide for their families than has been possible with the larger families that have been the norm. Likewise there seems to be less interest in having children with other women. This isn't to say that theren't are still a great many macho males who consider any woman fair game, but I do think that there are an increasing number of young marrieds who take their marriage vows seriously.

Based on 16 years of living here, I think O&C did a pretty good job of describing how it has been, and still is--but probably with many more exceptions among the non-fundamentalist married Dominican males than previously.

With respect to Meredith's last post, going back over the postings I find little disagreement with O&C's general ideas from residents. We may not go all the way with O&C, but we see truth in what he says. Regarding the observations of visitors, I think most lack sufficient experience to have a knowledgeable opinion. Close contact with a young man for a week or two a year is not sufficient basis for poo-poohing O&C's commentary.

DR_SUNSET

May 9, 2002
According to the pots ive read it seems to be 3 types of dominicans men:

1 Sankies

2 chopos

3 Convertidos

O & C

Are there any other type that im missing?

MikeKO

Apr 12, 2002
I guess I don't see much difference between the "dominican" and most other males (to my knowledge). Fact is if you go screwing around, the woman in your life will figure it out (by smell???), and you can be in some pretty deep pookie. Now, if the woman in your life, tacitly allows the behavior, hey! Life is GOOD. If she does not (like in US - in most cases), you think about tempering your normal impulses. Point being that most men separate sex from love, and given the opprotunity will act on that. Yes, this is a generality, but stereotypes exist for a reason. Sounds to me like the big difference between the DR and the US is a function of what women will put up with, not what men want.

$.02
Mike

DR_SUNSET

May 9, 2002
A couple is dinning in an expensive restaurant when sunddenly a young lady come to their table and give the guy a great kiss and says call me and walks away, his wife ask who the hell is she?
" My mistress"
" i want a divorce"
" ok, forget about the cars,your unlimited shoppings,the mansion,holidays, everything!!
The wife just sit there and stare at her husband then his best friend walks into the restaurant with a young lady with him, she asks who is she?
" his mistress" she looks at him and smiles and says "ours is more beautiful"

Sunset

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I was going to join in.............but.......................

"MikeKO" has said it all!The economics in the DR do not allow the majority of women the opportunity to end a relationship because of her mates infidelity.(she has no money,or way to support her children!)The "Don,t ask,don,t tell" policy is in use here.It is not the fact that a dominican husband has sex outside the marriage that "Pisses-off" the Dominicana,it is the time and money that her mates "spends" on his other women that makes her mad!If her mate maintains her,the house,the children,then "hey"! if he wants something "strange" on a Friday afternoon,so what!............and "No" all Dominican men don,t cheat,just the live ones!Criss Colon

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Re: Tere....

Musicqueen said:
I had a "conversation" with this guy and some of his friends...where they admitted they liked "women who are good in bed"...as they said.

OH NO, they actually admitted that to you? I CANT BELIEVE IT.
Was this a big surprise? Did that revelation shock you?

I have this mental picture of a little sheep wondering though the woods and gets approached by the big bad wolf! LOL

If I tell you that I like "Ugly fat loud women that perform poorly in bed". Would that raise my stock in your eyes?

If I said that I am "Ugly fat loud and perform poorly in bed" would you find me more attractive?

Just trying to figure a woman out. Maybe I should go back to dog training as that is just so simple!:)

Posted with love,
Scott

Montessorian

Apr 1, 2002
www.patriaquerida.homestead.com
I cannot live my life in fear of my Dominican husband cheating on me.
So I have certain guidelines that I follow:

He goes to work and then right home.
He has less earning potential than I so frankly he sees me as the "golden key" to a good future, as bad as that may seem. (Hubby has little education).
I keep him in a cheezy car.
We never go anywhere signifigant with out both of us going. If he wants to go to DR, I go with him, and I do not let him out of my sight. If I want to go to DR than I go for two or there days and leave him with the seven kids. (It keeps him too busy for other things).
Maintain a good relationship with his boss.
I get the cell phone bill with the full disclousre "all the calls listed".
I control the bank account.
I own the house.
and I have the education.

I don't doubt my husband has THOUGHT about cheating or having an affair. So far I am confident he has not, and I figure if I keep him busy, he wont have any time or energy left to go on the sly.

However, there is this 5% of me who will swear that I am the a "goddess" to him and he would never cheat, but who am I kidding.

My advice with Dominican Men or ANY man; Be Proactive!

From what I sense, my husband is more concerned that I would cheat on him, I have nothing to loose (except emotionally) and he would loose his dinner plate.

rrwells

Mar 19, 2002
I agree with Mike that if women were to put their feet down on the infidelity issue there would be a change but I don't think that's economically feasible for a lot of women here.. (as Criss said)

Does anyone know what the divorce/alimony/child support/custody climate is in the DR?

:) Rachel

Bugsey34

Bronze
Feb 15, 2002
I agree with MikeKO, Dominican women put up with it and that's where the problem lies. I remind my boyfriend all the time, acu?rdate que est?s con una americana! (Gives me an excuse for all kinds of psychosis! I just say its an American thing, he doesn't know the difference ;) ) I don't put up with any crap, as I think most American women don't.
Lots of Dominicanas think men are just crazy nuts, a bit of a necessary evil, and so they don't care. And as Criss said, there are economics involved as well.

rrwells: alimony/child support comes in when there's money there, which usually there isn't. But it is not so legal as it is in the US. Un l?o cultural you don't even want to know about!

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
Alimony doesn't exist in DR. Child support is mandated by law and sternly enforced provided a) the father actually has some money to provide for it, and b) the mother denounces him with the authorities. Custody is most often granted to the mother, but I am guess there must have been cases in which the fathers have been granted custody.

If you want some serious info, just post this on legal. I am sure Fabio will give you the straight dope on this.

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Montessorian... That is one hell of a lousy way to live. I hope it is not really that difficult for you.

From what I understand Dominican women in the DR are just as bad as the men. This is second and third hand btw.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.