Who Really Kill Trujillo?????

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
SIM = military intelligence

Ogre

You really sound like a scholar - thanks for the info. BTW what is your background? Are you Dominican? I am a very much interested in history and especially the DR now that we have moved to Santiago. If your ever in town look me up and I'll by the beer or a round of golf.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Que paso?....

Whatever happened to the other Trujillo thread?.

The one with about "500,000" posts and about "1,000,000" views?.

Yeah, the one where Mirador and Joel Pacheco (now Ogre...) wrote about EVERYTHING Trujillo......AND THEN SOME!!!!!.

I wonder, on this one, who will be the first one to start with the "Conspiracy Theories".

Oooops, too late!!.

I know, Chip.

Last edited:

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Whatever happened to the other Trujillo thread?.

The one with about "500,000" posts and about "1,000,000" views?.

Yeah, the one where Mirador and Joel Pacheco (now Ogre...) wrote about EVERYTHING Trujillo, AND THEN SOME!!!!!.

I wonder, on this one, who will be the first one to start with the "Conspiracy Theories".

I think the OP did that on his original post. :)

Sep 20, 2003
Ogre

You really sound like a scholar - thanks for the info. BTW what is your background? Are you Dominican? I am a very much interested in history and especially the DR now that we have moved to Santiago. If your ever in town look me up and I'll by the beer or a round of golf.

Chip, I'm American. I have a history degree and history is one of my hobbies. I've studied Dominican and Haitian history for the last seven years.

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
The is a new book soon to be out call "Generalisimo" is from author Carlos Agramonte, and talks about the major role the CIA play in the killing of Dominican dictator Rafael Leonidas Trujillo Molina (1930 - 1961), in the book the author talks about the CIA send several undercover agents to the country (DR) to plan the assesination of Trujillo.
so my question to you is: Did the United States wanted Trujillo dead because they (USA) did't want "another Cuba in the Caribe" or was it because they (USA) love the Dominican Republic so much and were tired of seeing Trujillo kill "inocents" Dominican citizens.

The fall of Trujillo was a plan that went into effect due to the rising effects of his criminal hands reaching into the very fabric of the military and civil society of the DR.
After the killing of the Mirabal sisters by his orders, many saw the culmination of the real Era this man represented to all Dominicans. The blood was running all over the country and the jails ever more full of his repudiated detractors.
The military was not immune to his routine purges and the spy network that could just as easy brand anyone a plotter and subsequent demise at his "jails".
The SIM "Servicio de Inteligencia Militar" was more a domestic oppression tool than any other good purpose for the nation from foreign enemies. The SIM was just like Stalin's death squads that send millions to their death over nothing.
The CIA was contacted via the US embassy by some of the plotters to seek weapons and political backing after the plot was carried out. They got neither.

Trujillo was felled by Dominicans without CIA supplied weapons (as let known by both survivors Imbert Barrera and Luis Amiama Tio).

Only two survivors that directly participated on the shooting were left after the smoke cleared when his son Ramfis was allowed to stay in the country along his brother and siblings. He was the lead man on the torture and killing of the plotters against Trujillo.

Imbert Barrera was made General Vitalicio "Gral. For Life" of the DR's Armed Forces for his hand on the killing of the Chivo.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
The fall of Trujillo was a plan that went into effect due to the rising effects of his criminal hands reaching into the very fabric of the military and civil society of the DR.
After the killing of the Mirabal sisters by his orders, many saw the culmination of the real Era this man represented to all Dominicans. The blood was running all over the country and the jails ever more full of his repudiated detractors.
The military was not immune to his routine purges and the spy network that could just as easy brand anyone a plotter and subsequent demise at his "jails".
The SIM "Servicio de Inteligencia Militar" was more a domestic oppression tool than any other good purpose for the nation from foreign enemies. The SIM was just like Stalin's death squads that send millions to their death over nothing.
The CIA was contacted via the US embassy by some of the plotters to seek weapons and political backing after the plot was carried out. They got neither.

Trujillo was felled by Dominicans without CIA supplied weapons (as let known by both survivors Imbert Barrera and Luis Amiama Tio).

Only two survivors that directly participated on the shooting were left after the smoke cleared when his son Ramfis was allowed to stay in the country along his brother and siblings. He was the lead man on the torture and killing of the plotters against Trujillo.

Imbert Barrera was made General Vitalicio "Gral. For Life" of the DR's Armed Forces for his hand on the killing of the Chivo.

Trujillo was responsible for that many killings? That would amount to a large percentage of the population.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Chip, the reference was to Stalin's death squads in the USSR I believe, and so more or less accurate.

Could be but that is not what the following statement says:

The SIM was just like Stalin's death squads that send millions to their death over nothing.

Tallman1818

Nov 19, 2007
There are several tales on who or what help kill El Generalisimo Trujillo, one of them even mention the "Italian Mafia", but the real thing is that the CIA kill Trujillo and used Dominicans that were very, very unhappy with Trujillo also at the time the Dominican Republic had an embargo by the all mighty USA (just like Cuba today) several groups in the Dominican society were unhappy with "El Jefe", the economy was no longer what it was during the 50's, the killing of the Mirabal sister, the killing of Jesus de Galindez and the attent to kill the them Venezuela President Romulo Betancourt had everybody in Latin America and the USA mad at Trujillo plus.

The US goverment was worried that Trujillo was going to became anothe Fidel in the Caribe and seek help from the them "USSR" and became another enemy in their back yard.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
There are several tales on who or what help kill El Generalisimo Trujillo, one of them even mention the "Italian Mafia", but the real thing is that the CIA kill Trujillo and used Dominicans that were very, very unhappy with Trujillo also at the time the Dominican Republic had an embargo by the all mighty USA (just like Cuba today) several groups in the Dominican society were unhappy with "El Jefe", the economy was no longer what it was during the 50's, the killing of the Mirabal sister, the killing of Jesus de Galindez and the attent to kill the them Venezuela President Romulo Betancourt had everybody in Latin America and the USA mad at Trujillo plus.

The US goverment was worried that Trujillo was going to became anothe Fidel in the Caribe and seek help from the them "USSR" and became another enemy in their back yard.

Where's the evidence, entiendes???

Tallman1818

Nov 19, 2007
Where's the evidence, entiendes???

Chip, no hay mucha evidencia acuerdate estos es The CIA and that time they did a really good job covering their prints.
But I have studie several documents from that era and once spoke to the Son of Trujillos Driver who manage to escape the killing and latter told his story to Ramfis and Balaguer.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Chip, no hay mucha evidencia acuerdate estos es The CIA and that time they did a really good job covering their prints.
But I have studie several documents from that era and once spoke to the Son of Trujillos Driver who manage to escape the killing and latter told his story to Ramfis and Balaguer.

How would the son of Trujillos driver, who was apparently targeted as well, know what the CIA was doing? Sounds like typically nonsensical conjecture - lies basically, to me

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006

Primo I think you might be confusing Juan Bosch with Trujillo. Bosch was the one that the US though might take the DR towards communism as he was being compared to Fidel at the time.Trujillo and Fidel may be dictators but had totally different political philosophies. Trujillo was a hater of communism par excellence.

sorry for divergence

PICHARDO

May 15, 2003
Could be but that is not what the following statement says:

The SIM was just like Stalin's death squads that send millions to their death over nothing.

The comparison of Stalin's Death squads was in a parabolic way to the criminal and unwarranted prosecution of innocent people, not quantity comparisons...

Trujillo send no less than 25 to 30,000 people to their untimely graves, including Dominican and Haitians alike.

Stalin sends millions, but his country did support the horrific amount by their sheer size and population, unlike the Dominican Republic.

So as you read the posted "Just Like" is meant as comparison on the flimsy almost non-existent discriminating triggers that were used by both to weed out their victims...

PICHARDO

May 15, 2003
Sure no problem. It wouldn't hurt if the guy tried to write in a simpler form of English, there were quite a few other mistakes as well that made the post somewhat unclear. Sometimes simpler is better.

Chip, I'm a Dominican who learned English, both oral and grammatically via the Instituto Evangelico of Santiago, not with the Instituto Americano or US based instruction. In that regard I'm very sorry I can't use a simpler form of English (whatever that is) and taking my basic as basic can be formative instruction from Primary and Secondary schooling in the English language; I can only paste my ideas as best possible to pass along the syntax to the readers.

Beg your pardon; I can't post in simpler English and use free from error grammatical skills. Would you like me to write in Spanish instead?

Una efectiva traducci?n del p?rrafo de mi post en cuesti?n al espa?ol seria la siguiente:

"El SIM fue igual como los escuadrones de la muerte de Stalin quienes eviaron a millones a su muertes sin raz?n."