Why Do you dislike the Semana Santa Death Pool Thread??

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
Ok so all the morbid, atheist, alcoholic, non-scientific, abortion loving, unmoral, Dominican hating gringos (this is what I have summed up from this thread based on the posts) DR1'ers shame on you...shame shame and shame...just repeating what the Dominican Red Cross and AMET, etc are saying about their own countrymen. When your own country starts taking a "poll" on the estimated causalities it is time to wake up...Whether the "poll" was right or wrong we all just want a safe Semana Santa...I think we can all agree on that, gringo or Dominican. Happy Semana Santa..

So where are you from that there are NO disclosed results or statistics regarding deaths and accidents during a specific period? I bet there are! There are numbers, statistics, forecasts, you name it! But people don?t "celebrate" these things.

There are reports and forecasts on the spike of deaths during Spring Break, for example. Yeah, some will start whining that this is Dr1, not US1, FR1 or whatever, but the same people do bring up examples from other countries when it?s convenient for them, so bear with it!

Anyway, the way you believe the Red Cross and La Defensa Civil announcing the amount of casualties or accidents is some sort of sign that you can point the finger and that you are so much hollier than everyone, is just more display of gringo arrogance. And, like I?ve posted before, the way some people got upset and all business once someone else mentioned gringo deaths SPEAKS VOLUMES of the real nature of the poll.

Yeah, it?s time to wake up, but not even the gringo drunkers here seem to be doing any reflecting.

And the cherry on top is trying to trash decent posters for not liking the poll. It's ridiculous!

Last edited:

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
I've yet to see anyone get upset over a gringo dying through stupidity on SS. You're now manufacturing your own truth. You are literally a female, Dominican version of Chip, and just as Chip does, boring the rest ofbus with your persistant repetitive nonesense.

You've made your point, but as uou can see no one cares about your point, so why not put your energy into something ptoductive. Maybe something to help your cause, although I think your fellow countryman would give you even less attention than kost of us are on here. Good luck and happy easter.

Yawn, snigger, sleep!:sleep:

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
I've yet to see anyone get upset over a gringo dying through stupidity on SS. You're now manufacturing your own truth. You are literally a female, Dominican version of Chip, and just as Chip does, boring the rest ofbus with your persistant repetitive nonesense.

You've made your point, but as uou can see no one cares about your point, so why not put your energy into something ptoductive. Maybe something to help your cause, although I think your fellow countryman would give you even less attention than kost of us are on here. Good luck and happy easter.

Yawn, snigger, sleep!:sleep:

Why are you upset? You don't want me mentioning drunk gringos?:bunny:

You've made your point several times and you keep coming back. by the way, Jstarebel ignored your answer, and you answered to him TWICE about the same stuff. Now you whine about people being repetitive. Priceless! You care so bad that you can?t stop posting. You are one of the people who got all serious the moment someone started to bet on gringo deaths, so you?re not fooling anyone.

You guys are all over the place making up excuses for your little bet. One moment it?s so innocent, the nextone is soo serious and insightful. There is no justifying it. You just can?t!

And hey, how about your explanation that someone who would rather feed a dog than a Dominican homeless person would do the same thing anywhere in the world just tells that there?s an issue with total disregard for human life. Priceless!

Seriously, someone like YOU making fun on anyone else on this forum is just hilarious. A bored and hate filled sock puppet like you, LMAO!

By the way, don?t drink and drive, my fren! You don?t wanna die on the way to your AA meeting.

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
I was OK with the Death Pool, until we started issuing prizes to the Winner.. Personally if I win the Cuisinart Blender this year I will donate it...

:knockedou

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
I couldn't give a toss about gringo deaths, you really couldn't be more wrong than you are, I am not at all patriotic, I couldn't care the nationality of people who die in the slightest, you have every single possible context of my post spun into your own ideal. I'm only relying as much as you are, so in calling me sad, well, you are admitting your own desperate plight.

All I was mentioning is that you are similar to Chip.
I'm not upset, angry.

I'm not making up excuses for a bet, we are not having a bet, we are taking the pi$$. You just can't handle it.

And you show your lack of understanding of people if you can not relate to anyone who has a passion for life. Fukc, I'd rather feed a dog of skin and bone on the streets than a person. People can speak for themselves, animals especially in the DR need a break, they are disregarded entirely. Some people like to be there to support and speak for the animals. Why can't you handle that. Insecurity so low that you feel bad someone might value a dog to yourself? Well, that is the reality of life, deal with it.

I will continue to drink and drive as long as I want to in DR, why shouldn't I. I don't drink and drive anywhere else as there is consequence. You see, this is what you can't get. Gringos are in your country because it is so easy to do anything you want without consequence. Gringos did not create this society, you did. So when you are talking sh1t about gringos so bad, coming here, using our putas, drinking driving, insulting our nation etc etc etc. Just remember, we are only doing what you guys already do, you made it this way, not us.

So take a nap. And remember, before you say something else stupid like 'you keep relying'. I am only replying to your replies, so go figure, if I'm an arse then what are you?? Dominicana I know, always got an excuse:p

This is a typical impossible conversation with a Dominican, never back down, never accept a reality, and is the reason the DR is where it is, it will never progress through utter stubbornness and ignorance.

Back to sleep, I can see someone could do this mind numbing sh1t all day. Have a lovely Easter Aguita, hope your mind recovers:sleep:

Last edited:

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
I am of the opinion that on any given day (holiday or not), if there is more traffic on the roads, there will be more carnage. From what I have read on DR1 (because I can't yet read local newspapers and I haven't been here long enough to form my own opinion through observation), alcohol consumption by drivers is a factor everyday here in the DR.

For the sake of clarification, what is the single biggest contributor (historically) to the afterlife during the Santa period that we all seem to be so interested in? Is it on the roads, blowing oneself up using gasolina lighting a rusty bbq, jury-rigging a temporary electrical connection for some indoor appliance to be used outdoors at an impromptu fiesta, basic all around stupidity or in fact anything at all that happens where alcohol consumption occurs?

Is this whole debate centred around the concept that "those who don't know how to drink and stay alive, are really beginning to annoy those of us who do" or is it something else? What is it about this week that makes it so dangerous as opposed to Christmas/New Years or any other day?

What day is the most periless? Good Friday, Easter Sunday when every god fearing catholic sobers just enough to go to church, Easter Monday? Is semana santa really all that much worse than any other time here in the DR? I'm almost tempted to grab a cooler and a plastic chair and go sit by Hwy 5 to wave goodbye to all these poor souls as they drive by for the very last time.

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
I am of the opinion that on any given day (holiday or not), if there is more traffic on the roads, there will be more carnage. From what I have read on DR1 (because I can't yet read local newspapers and I haven't been here long enough to form my own opinion through observation), alcohol consumption by drivers is a factor everyday here in the DR.

For the sake of clarification, what is the single biggest contributor (historically) to the afterlife during the Santa period that we all seem to be so interested in? Is it on the roads, blowing oneself up using gasolina lighting a rusty bbq, jury-rigging a temporary electrical connection for some indoor appliance to be used outdoors at an impromptu fiesta, basic all around stupidity or in fact anything at all that happens where alcohol consumption occurs?

Is this whole debate centred around the concept that "those who don't know how to drink and stay alive, are really beginning to annoy those of us who do" or is it something else? What is it about this week that makes it so dangerous as opposed to Christmas/New Years or any other day?

What day is the most periless? Good Friday, Easter Sunday when every god fearing catholic sobers just enough to go to church, Easter Monday? Is semana santa really all that much worse than any other time here in the DR? I'm almost tempted to grab a cooler and a plastic chair and go sit by Hwy 5 to wave goodbye to all these poor souls as they drive by for the very last time.

You have it spot on, it is not even a thing or a big deal, or a deal or a bet, just trash talk. Every week, weekend numerous people are killed for exactly the same reasons as they are over Easter, that is why most of us don't really consider it, or what we are writing, or care either way, if it is this weekend or any other. The issue of irony and how we can giggle a little is that it is such a religious country from the word, but actions say otherwise. The majority of Dominicans are no more religious than me, choose god or $10 and all of them will choose the $10, same reasons, jusst more of the same drunken stupidity. I think some people have just done a Chip on us and made the original direction of one thread into something and somewhere it was never intended to go. It's not a big deal and all you write is absolutely spot on.
So with that, I can't remember what I estimated, but double it, I feel lucky!!

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004

For those of us that live here, we know this is the time to stay off the highways as much as possible. This week is indeed "special". What does that tell you? Of course you could also use statistical analysis to see if more problems occur during this week than at other times of the year, if you felt so inclined.

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
I couldn't give a toss about gringo deaths, you really couldn't be more wrong than you are, I am not at all patriotic, I couldn't care the nationality of people who die in the slightest, you have every single possible context of my post spun into your own ideal. I'm only relying as much as you are, so in calling me sad, well, you are admitting your own desperate plight.

All I was mentioning is that you are similar to Chip.
I'm not upset, angry.

I'm not making up excuses for a bet, we are not having a bet, we are taking the pi$$. You just can't handle it.

And you show your lack of understanding of people if you can not relate to anyone who has a passion for life. Fukc, I'd rather feed a dog of skin and bone on the streets than a person. People can speak for themselves, animals especially in the DR need a break, they are disregarded entirely. Some people like to be there to support and speak for the animals. Why can't you handle that. Insecurity so low that you feel bad someone might value a dog to yourself? Well, that is the reality of life, deal with it.

I will continue to drink and drive as long as I want to in DR, why shouldn't I. I don't drink and drive anywhere else as there is consequence. You see, this is what you can't get. Gringos are in your country because it is so easy to do anything you want without consequence. Gringos did not create this society, you did. So when you are talking sh1t about gringos so bad, coming here, using our putas, drinking driving, insulting our nation etc etc etc. Just remember, we are only doing what you guys already do, you made it this way, not us.

So take a nap. And remember, before you say something else stupid like 'you keep relying'. I am only replying to your replies, so go figure, if I'm an arse then what are you?? Dominicana I know, always got an excuse:p

The truth is that gringos who are rejects in their own country go to poor countries. That is not a Dominican thing . You?re not insulting me when you say this because you guys do this in underdeveloped countries. This is not a reflection of me, but a reflection of who you are. If You don?t have enough money back home, you're running away for something so YOUR ONLY hope for life is the result of exchaned currency in a poor country, that is a problem that YOU have. This is why you are always so grumpy. That is just your reality and what you guys can do. You should team up with DarkScorpion and Trainwreck.

And you see, you think you can tell me off just cause I?m Dominican but you can?t. You?re an alcoholic who had to create multiple ids and pretend he was someone else. That speaks volumes!!!

If putas are the only type of women that hang out with you and you think that you can shame Dominicans because of that, you have some serious issues. Putas everywhere in the world would hang out with guys like you as a result of inflation and currency exchange.
Now it is so sad how you "put your life on hold" for how many years? again, How you post that you so much bored.You being stuck here is not the Dominican people?s fault, but something YOU created yourself, because of whatever issues you dragged from wherever you're coming from.

And see you drinking and driving because people here do it, LMAO; that?s the best excuse! Gee, educated gringo, learn from the poll.

We all know you reply, even when no one replies and even if a moderator tells you to stop.

Don't drink and drive, do it for your girl , my fren.

Last edited:
May 12, 2005
Completely different, they are not betting on it. I know it is not for money.
Very different in my eyes.

Nobody is betting money on DR1. There are no actual wagers made and no prizes given related to the number of Semana Santa casualties. Never has been and never will. Where did people get the idea actual money changes hands?

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
In support of the Catholics who imbibe, Jesus did have a propensity for turning water into wine. At home, going to Church is the only place to get a mouthful in public at 8:30 am on a Sunday.

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012
With all due respect many gringos here reject science, are drunks, chase after prostitutes that could be their great grandkids and promote homosexuality. Unfortunately, some here are so clueless they think these are positive traits.

Yup. and some people are genetically defective.

Jan 3, 2003
Think positively!!!

The flip side of all this is that compared to the general population only a very tiny percentage of the whole dies. That quantity is a number that is so exceedingly small that it is statistically insignificant.

If the DR population is 10 million and we take 100 as a base number which is way above the DEATH POOL TOTAL, the calculation comes out to .00001.That is 1 over 100,000. It is one tenth of 1% of 1%. How low can you go?

1/10 (one tenth) of 1% of 1% is A VERY TINY NUMBER

I'm not minimizing death folks but the whole as compared to the part is a testament to the entire Dominican population that behaves accordingly during Holy Week!!!