WoW!!! If I knew then what I know now

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
So the DR1 Campaign is now official!!!

To all the women out there, if a sankie hits on you, then say "NO!!!" and tell him to,..................

jr777l.jpg

:classic: :classic: :classic:

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Hola potato,did you just get here? Wait the flood of sankie stories come in by the end of spring, your head will be spinning. ;)

Here's the problem;
most people will come back from a holiday and then start to do a search on how they can move to the DR or how they can get a visa for their new found love. That's when they discover DR1.

If they could find the sankie forum before they take the trip it might help.

So the continued warnings mean nothing to those that have never been smitten by a fast talking sankie that wants to share the world with you and meet his family as soon as possible.

Oh and saying te quiero, te amo, tu eres mi corazon will make them fall apart every time. Who in NA says these things so fast right? So it must be love. ;)

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
Anna Coniglio said:
Hola potato,did you just get here? Wait the flood of sankie stories come in by the end of spring, your head will be spinning. ;)

Here's the problem;
most people will come back from a holiday and then start to do a search on how they can move to the DR or how they can get a visa for their new found love. That's when they discover DR1.

If they could find the sankie forum before they take the trip it might help.

So the continued warnings mean nothing to those that have never been smitten by a fast talking sankie that wants to share the world with you and meet his family as soon as possible.

Oh and saying te quiero, te amo, tu eres mi corazon will make them fall apart every time. Who in NA says these things so fast right? So it must be love. ;)

Good afternoon Anna :classic:

How are you doing?

So I guess in Spring, you and Robert will be busy maintaining the many Sankie threads. If you two need help, let me know. ;)

Stay warm and have a good day!

stormer

Apr 27, 2004
Potato_Salad said:
So the DR1 Campaign is now official!!!

To all the women out there, if a sankie hits on you, then say "NO!!!" and tell him to,..................

jr777l.jpg

:classic: :classic: :classic:

They aren't gonna listen.

Nelly

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Why do woman fall for Sankies. Well, it's complicated but many of these flings play out like fairy tale romances, so I say "Blame Disney". How many unrealistic expectations do some women have based on the media's presentation of romance, especially when exposure begins at such a young age. Think Sleeping Beauty, Snow White, Cinderella, etc.
All the makings for easy victims. But that only covers some of this dynamic. There are as many reasons as there are sankies, but I dont think we should go blaming the victims.

A.J.

Jan 2, 2002
Sunshine
I see you are also getting the degree in Sankiology and will be achieving it since you are keeping it to the observation study format only, no mixing with the subjects.

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
Nelly said:
Why do woman fall for Sankies. Well, it's complicated but many of these flings play out like fairy tale romances, so I say "Blame Disney". How many unrealistic expectations do some women have based on the media's presentation of romance, especially when exposure begins at such a young age. Think Sleeping Beauty, Snow White, Cinderella, etc.
All the makings for easy victims. But that only covers some of this dynamic. There are as many reasons as there are sankies, but I dont think we should go blaming the victims.

Hi Nelly :classic:

I put part of the blame on the victims. Of course the sankies are to be blamed as well.

But there should have been many signs for the victims to realize that this is just a fairy tale and not reality.

For example, I met some cute girl. On our first date, she wanted me to help her obtain a visa to the U.S. So after dinner, we parted ways. I never saw her again. Because I know that it will not work out.

notion

Oct 2, 2005
I think many female sankie victims are already spoilt be feminism when the come to the Dominican Republic.
I don't know about other countries but here in Germany it's all about being on the same level, meaning that out on a date women pay for men just a men pay for women. And of course women help men out when they care about them and they seem to be in financial trouble. I have loaned ex-boyfriends a lot of money before, none of them were Dominican.
I think there are clear advantages to feminism - for example I like to get the same wages as my male collegue, thank you very much. But there are also some downsides to it, for example that it can be misunderstood and people can be used that way. And the strange thing is - they feel good and tough. Many women suffer from helper's syndrom anyway... Other have such little self-esteem that unconsciously they find it natural that they have to "buy" (meaning presents and helping them out) friends or lovers.

I must say that it took me a lot of getting used to the different standards in the DR and sometimes I still find it a bit difficult to handle. I've always been self-reliant, suddenly having someone to pay for everything feels weird.

So - yes - the victims are to blame, too, but they have their own background story just like the sankies do...
I blame and condemn a Sankie/tte for his/her doings until he/she asks for money (or a visa already at the very beginning of the "relationship"). When then the tourists/foreigners etc. do not walk away, it's their own fault.

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
Hi there, that was an interesting post. :)

I like the example you gave about Germany.

In Korea, the men pay the tap and not the women. It's a cultural aspect.

notion said:
I think many female sankie victims are already spoilt be feminism when the come to the Dominican Republic.
I don't know about other countries but here in Germany it's all about being on the same level, meaning that out on a date women pay for men just a men pay for women. And of course women help men out when they care about them and they seem to be in financial trouble. I have loaned ex-boyfriends a lot of money before, none of them were Dominican.
I think there are clear advantages to feminism - for example I like to get the same wages as my male collegue, thank you very much. But there are also some downsides to it, for example that it can be misunderstood and people can be used that way. And the strange thing is - they feel good and tough. Many women suffer from helper's syndrom anyway... Other have such little self-esteem that unconsciously they find it natural that they have to "buy" (meaning presents and helping them out) friends or lovers.

I must say that it took me a lot of getting used to the different standards in the DR and sometimes I still find it a bit difficult to handle. I've always been self-reliant, suddenly having someone to pay for everything feels weird.

So - yes - the victims are to blame, too, but they have their own background story just like the sankies do...
I blame and condemn a Sankie/tte for his/her doings until he/she asks for money (or a visa already at the very beginning of the "relationship"). When then the tourists/foreigners etc. do not walk away, it's their own fault.

mountainfrog

On Vacation!
Dec 8, 2003
www.domrep-info.com
Own Fault Indeed

notion said:
....I blame and condemn a Sankie/tte for his/her doings until he/she asks for money (or a visa already at the very beginning of the "relationship"). When then the tourists/foreigners etc. do not walk away, it's their own fault.

A sankie who knows his trade is clever enough to play the visa card at the right time.
Some girls are stupid enough to offer a visa within a few weeks, others need more "treatment".
Your case is different of course as everything indicates that him being a sankie can be ruled out ....

m'frog

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
I think I will quite my job here in New York City and become a sankie in Korea. I will hit on the stupid women and have them send me money and buy me a new car!!! :)

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Potato: Why do these women fall for these guys? Because these guys are so smooth that if YOU hung out with them you'd be sending them money after a little while...

lindalin1

Jan 2, 2006
Oh trust me!!! once they get here, you will be surprized at how much they learn...he probably knows more about the immigration act then I do....AND SOME OF YOU, OBVIOUSLY, DID NOT GET WHAT I MEANT (EXEPT FOR CHARLIELYN) WHEN I SAID "played the game for all it's worth" ...I meant....that I recognized the signs and played along....duh!!!! so obviously I have learned my lesson..and as for the Cuban guy...he's just a replica of my ex husband but cuter and in cuba he will stay....

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
suarezn said:
Potato: Why do these women fall for these guys? Because these guys are so smooth that if YOU hung out with them you'd be sending them money after a little while...

I don't have money. :(

But you have a good point. :classic:

lindalin1

Jan 2, 2006
Well, I am a dancer (salsa mostly), I'm slim, with long hair and a very fit body, I am also 1 year younger than my ex...so what is that saying about Canadian women...I am also half Puerto Rican...now what????? I think I just played really well by a professional and I lost....it's difficult for one to understand becuase from afar it appears stupid..but when someone tells you what you want to hear and makes you feel like a queen and gives you now reason to suspect that they mean well otherwise, until the deed is done..how would you react????....Yes, that's right!!! he knows how to milk the system and has been...thankfully I have only 1 year left before my responsibilities end and I have notified Social Services, who in turn have promised to contact me in the event that he does apply..WISH ME LUCK FOR THE NEXT 11 MONTHS.....like I said its' in their blood......

lindalin1

Jan 2, 2006
YOU ARE SSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO RIGHT!!! YOU HAVE NAILED A SANKIE TO A T...I WISH I HAD DISCOVERED THIS WEB SITE PREVIOUSLY....you describe my ex to a t...I am a latin dancer and have long hair and a lot of people consider me beautiful but now he is with this fat, guyanese woman with 3 kids because he gets child support from the 3 different fathers of her kids and buys him clothes, while he lives of EI to save to go to the dominican and be with his gazillion women

sunshine_79 said:
Bob, I can understand where you're coming from. You're talking about what some normal men do but a sankie cannot be categorized into this group.

There is no sense of normalcy in Sankieville.

Sankies are a different breed of men (if you can even call them men). They also happen to be very vain and require the newest, trendiest clothes, the latest cell phone, etc.

Hey, they have to do something to make themselves stand out from all the other fifty thousand sankies that are competing for the tourists. Since these guys can't land a good, educated Dominican or foreign woman, their breeding grounds are limited mostly to the resort areas.

It is not enough that the sankie I posted about lives with a beautiful woman and is receiving a free ride. It doesn't matter if he gets wild, kinky sex ten times a day from his girlfriend.

That's all irrelevant because I guarantee you he would sell her down the river in a heartbeat if someone came along who had more money and was willing to expedite the visa process quicker than his current girlfriend.

I'm telling you Bob, they have no shame.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Linda since you've been through this maybe you could tell us exactly what you are responsible for when you sponsor someone into Canada. It's been asked many times.

What if one decides to move on their own, would you be responsible to pay his way for the next three years even if they don't live with you?

I'm taking an extreme senerio here but it would be good to know.

Thanks