Jan 1, 2002
While on the subject

Will post this on another thread

Last edited:

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
I have a question!

I wonder if those defending the officers would feel that same way if it was a member of their family who was gunned down, like a dog, for 2 packs of cigarettes?.

I am very sure that they would be the ones saying "oh those mother f'ers killed my son/brother/father/cousin for 2 f'ing packs of cigarettes, can you believe that, boooo hoooo". Give me break.

Because of defenders like some of you is the reason why so many police officers take the laws into their own hands. They know that for every one person against what they did, there are hundreds saying "good for them, the hell with those criminals".

I am a believer in punishing criminals and there's a reason why there are is a juridical system in the DR, whether it works or not, they have one and they are there for a reason.

Just don't come here talking "bull" when/if a member of your family is the victim of any type of police violence.

NOTE: I am not wishing anything bad to happen to anybody's family but sometimes we need to understand that down the line, those people killed DO have families that will suffer and it will pain them to have lost a loved one so senseless!.

God help ALL Dominicans if one of you guys get's to be President. With the way SOME of you think, Trujillo would look like a baby compared to you!.

I can only imagine how some of you would feel is it was 3 packs!!. Get the rope out and let's hang the bastard in the middle of El Conde?.

It's sickening that for some of you guys, a life is worth less than 5 dollars!. Sickening!.

Last edited:

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
Onions&carrots said:
Let me reiterate my position so as not to create confusion. I know many here agree with me.

The absolute extermination of all criminals in the DR is the only viable solution to ensure long term peace, prosperity and productivity.
I think you were clear in your initial post.

I will say what I said before. It takes a strange person to applaud exterminating someone for shoplifting

Werner

Feb 19, 2004
Yeh, yeh, so somebody should have killed me when I was a little prick. Cant take the risk. If we would have justice like that on everybody being out of (legal) lines during puberty I wonder who would be in your perfect society. You would be very lonely I guess.

I really hope that you dont have kids. You might had to shoot one of them when you least expect it.

mountainfrog

On Vacation!
Dec 8, 2003
www.domrep-info.com
Simple Solution

Onions&carrots said:
Determining who's a criminal is simple- murderers, child rapists, career criminals, you get the point.

What do you suggest should have been done with that unlucky shoplifter?
Oh, found the answer:

Onions&carrots said:
... the one (in this case, a thief who would have changed his ways given the chance) must be sacrificed....

m'frog

dmad

Jun 12, 2004
What next speeding?
All the B.S. aside the kid stole two packs of smokes!
Lets get real in this case, the punishment has outwayed the crime.
Lets start shooting the vendors who con the tourist out of 1000 pesos for a peice of fishing line with a couple of beads on it.
Some of you need to wake up.

Werner

Feb 19, 2004
Onions&carrots said:
Determining who's a criminal is simple- murderers, child rapists, career criminals, you get the point.

Did you go soft now or did you just forget the shoplifter?

Mar 21, 2002
mountainfrog said:
Sorry, changed to make (at least some) sense.

m'frog

You're a funny FROG, but your sense is nonsense. What use is there of re-integrating to dominican society these deported souls. I mean the hard core dominican criminals who have served time in Riker's Island for heinous crimes. Tell me, what use. They have wreaked havoc on the DR.

Ask Hillbilly when would you hear about home invasion, daylight murders, organized gangs of violent criminals prior to this wave of delinquent diaspora of dominicans.

My solution- as soon as they get off the plane, take them outside the rampway and line them against the wall.

READY, AIM, FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Werner

Feb 19, 2004
Onions&carrots said:
your sense is nonsense.

Thats a funny one coming from you............

Onions&carrots said:
Ask Hillbilly when would you hear about home invasion, daylight murders, organized gangs of violent criminals prior to this wave of delinquent diaspora of dominicans.

So, what happend with the shoplifter? Your talking about something totally different now. Not that I think that deadrow should be given to anybody but thats a different discussion.

But I made my point, I'm finished with the discussion. Just run for president and do your thing. You have the twisted mind to be a politician.

Jan 5, 2006
I'm not defending the police in this particular case, but I still believe in what I wrote about the petty criminals in DR eventually turning into the hardened ones. Just look at the most recent case of the 18 year old girl who was killed in Santiago. It started as the petty theft of a cell phone and ended up in a senseless murder.

I also believe that given the circumstances in DR, that the best way to deal with the hardened criminal element, and by hardened, I mean the people with rap sheets that are 10 pages long, is to use the strong arm aproach that has worked so well in the past. Bring back Candelier and his "mano dura" methods. It's the only thing that criminals in DR understand, respect and fear.

Mar 21, 2002
Werner said:
Did you go soft now or did you just forget the shoplifter?

I had a cousin in the DR who was a punk, a wayward child and an embarrassment to us all. A thief with no consideration for the pain he was heaping on his parents, nearly killing his mother. This punk cousin of mine one night on his Kawasaki Ninja bike dared to defy a red light near the Circumvalacion. He was hit broadside by a family drivinfg their toyota camry.

Knowing how corrupt justice is in the DR, this poor family was frightened that they would have gone to jail over this rich punk brat cousin of mine.

At the time, my aunt mourned greatly the loss of her child but today realizes it was all for the better. I shan't shed a tear then or now and I am glad he is dead. That's one less thug doing harm to innocent people out there.

No sympathy for thugs. No mercy for those who would hurt our children, wives, husbands to satisfy their lust for money, goods, drugs and property.

Mar 21, 2002
Preaching to the Choir

Hipocrito Mejia said:
Bring back Candelier and his "mano dura" methods. It's the only thing that criminals in DR understand, respect and fear.

AMEN, Hippo. A rehabilitated criminal is a dead one as far as the DR is concerned. That is a great man, Candelier.

G

gary short

Onions&carrots said:
AMEN, Hippo. A rehabilitated criminal is a dead one as far as the DR is concerned. That is a great man, Candelier.

Bullsh!t Bullsh!t Bullsh!t.......... a kid gets gunned down for stealing cigarettes..............and yet serious crime continues......unpunished....wake the f**K UP.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Sad!.

suarezn said:
...but the way I see it one less thief is SOME help...
Buddy of mine, I am more than surprised and shocked that you wrote that.

I know that what happened to you was pretty bad but let me tell you that once my home in Cabarete was robbed also. Let's just say that from about 20items that they took, only the 2 computers, the 1 laptop, my Yamaha sound system, my camcorder and digital camera (which, btw, AZB can tell you, since he saw them, that they were VERYYYY good), amounted to more than 200,000 pesos and to this date I have not wished them death. Prison and "una pela" but NEVER death, NEVER.

Everything was replaced on my next visit and a life can never be replaced.

But that's just me!.

Last edited:

GringoCArlos

Retired Ussername
Jan 9, 2002
One could compare the DR and Florida. Florida wants to be tough, and they can't build more prison cells fast enough. Stop crime with this action? No way.

Florida had a serious problem with violent car-jacking, so they made a law allowing all citizens the right to carry a handgun. Sure, the car-jacking went down, but in return, if a cop thinks you are guilty of 'whatever', does he ask you to lean against a wall, or his squad car? Heck no, he and two or three of his buddies will tackle you, and slap on the cuffs as fast as they can, because they always assume that you will be packing a weapon.

I would prefer the risk of getting carjacked , to being treated like a multiple murderer by any cops by mistake.

If the DR wants to get the populace accustomed to obeying the laws, FIRST make the very people who are charged with enforcing the laws OBEY THE SAME LAWS. Get rid of any cop who won't. Quickly. If the people see cops forced to obey the laws, they will come around. Of course, there will be criminals AND some knucklehead cops who won't , so LOCK THEM ALL UP.

Enact a longer-than-30 year sentence possibility for violent, or multiply violent crimes, or extra judicial assassinations by cops. And make the minimum qualification to be a cop a high school graduation diploma. Nothing's worse than a kid's mind in a man's body.

Lafcadio

Jun 5, 2006
Onions&carrots said:
I have no sympathy for criminals. I wish we had courtrooms that one could get justice from. What about that innocent young defenseless lamb that was gunned down like a wild animal in front of her own home in Santiago?

Where is her justice?

Catch the criminals and hang 'em high. I promise you they won't harm anyone anymore.

Sorry, but how did we determine he was a criminal? Are we trusting the police to decide that? And to sentence anyone willy-nilly?

I live in a US city where the police are in the pocket of a mayor who is a convicted and feared criminal. We avoid making him angry at us and many ordinary, decent people fear the police here.

The police (and the good mayor also) of Las Terenas were not at all like that, in my experiences there, in fact they were quite considerate and even tempered people to me and a guilty party after he had stolen something from me. But would you want someone in your family convicted and executed on the spot? On who's word?

I know you would not. Think it through a bit. I'm sure you will agree, and I will agree greater pursuit of criminals in the DR is much needed.

God bless that poor young lady and her family and friends. And the same goes for the young man and his, if that is all there is to the story.

Respectfully,
Lafcadio

G

gary short

I've been in places where Joe Blow public gets blown away for being in the wrong place at the wrong time.......I hope the hell this won't become the status quo in the DR..............poor young girl......we should all weep and say a prayer.

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002
Hipocrito Mejia said:
I'm not defending the police in this particular case, but I still believe in what I wrote about the petty criminals in DR eventually turning into the hardened ones. Just look at the most recent case of the 18 year old girl who was killed in Santiago. It started as the petty theft of a cell phone and ended up in a senseless murder.

I also believe that given the circumstances in DR, that the best way to deal with the hardened criminal element, and by hardened, I mean the people with rap sheets that are 10 pages long, is to use the strong arm aproach that has worked so well in the past. Bring back Candelier and his "mano dura" methods. It's the only thing that criminals in DR understand, respect and fear.

Of course it is a shame for a young guy to die for 2 packs of cigs, and of course the police should have shot in the leg.

However, petty thief must understand that this is not Switzerland nor Sweden ! This is a latin-american country, with its share of violence and corruption. If you risk yourself at stealing stuff, whether it is 2 packs of cigs or a cell phone, or a jeepeta, you put your life at risk !

And I must say that this death shall be an example in Las Terrenas, where rampant crime grows by the day. I must admit that if the guy was from my family, I would be scandalized. But he is not, and I can only say that his death will serve as a warning to the high number of cheap thugs in Las Terrenas.

That said, I do agree with the above quote from Hippocrito Mejia... Down here, the "tigueres" won't understand any sweet talk nor warnings... Only "la mano dura" will solve things...

Status
Not open for further replies.