Yet Another Girl Falls For Dominican Man

Lee-Lee

Oct 17, 2002
Dubld... obviously using a condom would decrease your chances of infection - however, condoms are also not 100%.

the problem is that these guys in DR (from the stories I hear in any case) don't really depend on condoms. They willingly have sex, and preventative measures are the last things on their mind. I don't want to make any general assumptions... however, you have to remember that their culture is not as big on, nor are they educated enough, about prevention. That being said, you have to be careful and bring your own cultural norms when travelling there - that is, if you really want to be with someone make sure you have a condom.

Anna - thank you for the advice... that is exactly what I was thinking. I let my heart push over the warning signs...thank you... you helped me solve a little thing that i was at war with.

to the group overall... it's only been one day since I've posted this message... and lets just say that a group of strangers have helped me more than any of my closest friends have. I guess that could be due to similar experiences? Thank you... I truly appreciate it.

Deb - girlfriend... send me an email... definetly some more chatting required. Makes me sad though that he's a prick. I guess you just popped that little bubble I had in my mind : )

but it's alllllllllllllllllllllllllll good : )

next question: how do i go to DR again without liking anyone?? meaning... i want to go again and have fun... but i don't want to come back from my vacation and thinking about anyone.

adios to all
and thank you again for all the advice. This is great.

Last edited:

Meredith

LiVe ThE LiFe YoU iMaGiNeD
Jan 24, 2002
"next question: how do i go to DR again without liking anyone?? meaning... i want to go again and have fun... but i don't want to come back from my vacation and thinking about anyone."

Ha, ha, good luck with that one! See, Dominican guys have this magical spell that they put over you. Who says, that you won't find a better guy next time you go? ;)

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
A Little advice Lee Lee..next time you go back if you find a guy you like..sleep with him.If you dont sleep with him and he keeps hanging around you he is after something else.This is life..Whats wrong with having a little mutual enjoyment?Who Knows?---you might develop feelings for each other and fall in love---and if not at least you will have some fun.Live a little O.K?
Larry

Bugsey34

Bronze
Feb 15, 2002
I can't believe this girl is writing something about a random guy and Debs actually knows him already! Does this strike anyone else as amusing??? These animacion guys must be something else, my goodness.

Leelee- aren't you glad you didn't sleep with him now? Good move, girl. There are DDD's out there, but I don't think you'll find them in any vacation location.

Lee-Lee

Oct 17, 2002
jazzcom - read my message again... i did not say that using condom INCREASES the chances... i just said they're not 100% effective in a population with a high infection rate (ie: vacation spots where sex is high high high with multiple people)... these animation guys GET AROUND... and the infection goes with them. I've heard stories of getting shit from these guys like you wouldn't believe... and that's very sad. you go on vacation and come back with an infection... damn!

ok... some people tell me i should have slept with him; others tell me good for me. my verdict... i really REALLY wanted to... but now that i've heard deb's story i'm really happy i didn't. it seems like his story and the shit him (and other animation guys) tell us chics is like a DEJA VU cycle... so in the end... i'm happy i didn't F**K him, but at the time, and the moment i was with him i really wanted to. I am DEFINETLY not going back there to see him again

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Quote Lee-Lee

Dubld... obviously using a condom would increase your chances of infection - however, condoms are also not 100%.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Quote Lee-Lee:

jazzcom - read my message again... i did not say that using condom INCREASES the chances... i just said they're not 100% effective in a population with a high infection rate (ie: vacation spots where sex is high high high with multiple people)... these animation guys GET AROUND... and the infection goes with them. I've heard stories of getting shit from these guys like you wouldn't believe... and that's very sad. you go on vacation and come back with an infection... damn!

-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-

evidently you said both...

How about sex with me instead?

Lee-Lee

Oct 17, 2002
sorry amigo... that was a typo : ) it's been edited.

as for the offer... you're too kind. i'll pretend you never offered.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Lee-Lee, follow Debs advice. she is wise. As for sex, take your own supply of condoms, "No condom-No fucky" that will get themessage across. Learn to swim and leave your clothes nicely folded....Be careful...above all...

Debs: Good call girl!

HB

drchica

Aug 27, 2002
Lee-Lee

Lee-Lee,

go for it, there are good one's there!! not all are like how people say about them!!! Of course some will take advantage as they ahev millions of girls come in and out... but there is always one special one... and there are those uys everywhere!! wake up people its not only Dominican. There are many of good Dominicans out there!! Go for it Lee-Lee!!!

Lee-Lee

Oct 17, 2002
yea....... but turns out debs knows him and she's been through a similar situation with him as me.
soooooooo
me give up on this time.....
yes, at the time when you're there you think it's so special and romantic, but once you back your eyes open up and your sorta get a clearer perspective on the truth - especially when someone else knows him ; (

but thank you for the enouragement..... i would have cosidered it if he was a descent one. i mean, i can afford to pick up and go open my own practice there for a while, HOWEVER, this guy is not worth it....... besides, that script is written more for a movie than for ordinary moi .

i'll try my luck elsewhere (although....... no offense candian guys... guys in the great north really do nothing for me..... i guess it's because i'm originally from a warmer and more passionate region myself)

Lee Lee

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
What does passion have to do with climate. If your Northern Guy has less passion then he should be an even match for those Northern women.

earosemena

Aug 18, 2002
Wrong Lee-Lee, a good Dominican. I can see your point of view and I know that a lot of what's been sd in this Forum re: dominican men is true, but I feel that you are basing your very radical views on very limited experience. Also, a lot of the men and women at the resorts are players, anywhere.

Jersey Devil

Bronze
Jul 5, 2002
My advice would be, if you go back, find another guy.
It sounds like this man is to quote Herman's Hermits
"A Must to Avoid".

As always, Good Luck,

Moca

x_man

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Gooddy, Bob is back

bob saunders said:
What does passion have to do with climate. If your Northern Guy has less passion then he should be an even match for those Northern women.

How was the temporary ban? I never understood why
this happened to you.I thought you scored good points against this other freak.
Keep your igloo warm with passion. X.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Lee Lee, you said that you live in Toronto. I'm sure you have noticed that we have people from every nation living there. Some have just arrived and some have been there for many many years. Maybe they don't seem as passionate because they have already arrived.

Lee-Lee

Oct 17, 2002
ok....... i should have been more carefull with this whole 'passionate' thing.... hey that should be a new thread : )

about the passionate part...... we've all heard the common argument that people from the DR and other warm climates are 'more passionate'. bob, you claim that there is no relationship between the two? WELL, for starters, anytime something is widely believed it usually implies that there is some truth in it; of course, that also gives way to stereotypes and generatlizations.... but still, there is some truth in it.

hold on... i'll back it up from what i know. correct me if i'm wrong.
i guess how we use the term is important.
when i use it... i mean livelier, spicy, more hyper rather than laid back. having lived in multiple continents with varying climates i've noticed that climate DOES affect a culture's 'passionate'... in terms of how involved they are with the outdoors and activity...

colder cilmate makes it hard to be involved, so we stick to indoor activities and have a more laid back culture.
middle eastern and latin culture, from what i've noticed thus far (and i am part of middle eastern culture...lived there for years) is somewhat 'more passionate'... daning defines large aspects of that culture... people are up for more stuff... they do more

i know i might be getting myself into a sticky situation here........ but it's really hard to explain the message i'm trying to bring across.

and yes, canadian chics have less 'passion' (again in terms of how i defined it above) and maybe that's another reason why they fall for these guys... opposites attract, remember?

Anna - i agree with you... toronto is multicultural... and i'm not sure if these people have lost their 'passion'. i guess i should stop this generalization and say that although it has much to do with culture and climate (more culture and climate, as culture is partly a result of climate), it's also lies in part on an individual level.

sorry for all the blah blah guys
no more from Lee lee

Last edited:
D

Dubld

Yeah you better stop while you are not ahead. Total garbage about Canadian chicks having less passion. Not all of us are the same honey.

I HAVE heard from several men that are not of Canadian origin that SOME and I say SOME Canadian women lack femininity, therefore perhaps the stupid ASSUMPTION that we are all not hot about anything.

I am originally from Montreal, and I see how sloppily some women dress in TO and on vacation, and women that let themselves go, and I have to agree with the lack of femininity part, as I am a person that takes a great deal of pride in presentation, however I do not lack in the passion department.

There's been enough tarring all with the same feather happening on the board.