DR1 Daily News - Dominican Republic

DR1.com is the leading English news source in the Dominican Republic for over 30 years.

Showing articles from the past 7 days. To read past articles, visit our DR1.com Daily News Forum.

News · Click here for DR1 Travel News

The world is a different one and people are getting back to traveling. As a result, new records in air arrivals are being set even in September, usually a slow month for Dominican tourism.

The Ministry of Tourism reports that September 2021 was the best September for tourism in the entire history of the Dominican Republic, with tourist arrivals higher than in the pre-pandemic years of 2018, 2019 and in 2020. Travel is up 5% compared to September 2018.

In September, 365,544 non-residents arrived. There are expectations by year’s end the number of air arrivals will reach 4.8 million.

In a presentation of the data, Tourism Minister David Collado explained that the breakdown of non-resident air arrivals in 2021 has been 79% foreigners and the remaining 21% of Dominican origin.

87% of hotel rooms are back in operation with weekday occupancies averaging 54% and 61%...

To read past articles, visit our DR1.com Daily News Forum.