Work from home (online) job?

paintedlbird7

Mar 8, 2012
What kind of work from home job can one get, paid by dollars & can live in the DR or anywhere in the world? I often read posters' say that they work online. Where do I find one if I'm interested?

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
1. Turn on Web cam
2. Charge batteries for Sex toys
3. Obtain Boytoy (Optional)
4. Open Paypal Account.
5. Repeat throughout the day until exhausted. take nap. Start over again.

Frank

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
You can set up your own virtual call centre from home but it is absolutely useless if you don't have the contacts to find contracts. It used to be easier to do, but not so easy these days, and not in DR where there seems to be new call centres springing up weekly in the cities. So unless you know someone who can pass you some work now and then you will be lucky. And no one will ever tell you how they get their contracts so its pointless asking.

You can offer translation services, but obviously you need to speak several languages, the less common the wore work. You won't get much if any prime language work, it's pretty much covered and to make any money you need to register and get certified to translate legal docs and blah blah blah.

Everyone wants to be an estate agent in DR and so that is saturated.

Get your thinking cap on, what can you offer, better and cheaper than others are?

it's not easy unless you know what you're doing, and like I said those who do know won't share as it is their breed and butter.

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
1. Turn on Web cam
2. Charge batteries for Sex toys
3. Obtain Boytoy (Optional)
4. Open Paypal Account.
5. Repeat throughout the day until exhausted. take nap. Start over again.

Frank

Frank,be nice!:p

paintedlbird7

Mar 8, 2012
Well, I have a BA, am a graphic designer. I can offer besides print productions, I can build a website for small businesses, and website updates, including animation.

Just was wondering what else do people here do for online jobs, what else can I work in, or where can I get started.

I prefer a stable job, "location independent" or work from home, & get paid in dollars :p

Last edited:

paintedlbird7

Mar 8, 2012
I would have to find US based work/ freelance & if I do, my bank converts to pesos from the ATM.

I'm not sure how to go about finding this work.
or I could get paid in pesos if I live in DR, I was told, I'd get paid better than a call center.

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
When I was still doing medical billing online I had the companies deposit their payments into a account I had setup in the US. Worked better that way. You could set-up a website offering your services and see what kind of interest you get.

JohnnyBoy

Bronze
Jun 17, 2012
Learn medical coding. My younger brother does it and makes six figures. (A medical background helps)

Jenny429

Oct 10, 2005
Start freelancing. I started building my name through elance. Now I have my own private clients, but that's where I started.

paintedlbird7

Mar 8, 2012
Can you sew? I knew last year a woman who was looking for people to sew diapers for chickens for taking the chickens to kids parties etc... She was offering a dollar a diaper and could find no workers.
If interested I could get in touch with her de nuevo. Or you could check out pampered poultry and see if you can get in touch with her in that manner.
Der Fish

I can sew! basic though... but I'm not at the DR at this moment..

paintedlbird7

Mar 8, 2012
Freelance To Build A Website For A Local / Small Business

Start freelancing. I started building my name through elance. Now I have my own private clients, but that's where I started.

I have a couple leads (maybe many many more leads if I go after them), but I don't know how much to charge to build a website for a small business. I have no idea how much is fair. I was thinking 500.

Any suggestions?

Last edited:

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
Dont limit yourself.. As one poster said whose elance or the other similar sites that take online contracts.

Make websites, do coding, whatever your skillset-list it and offer it...

paintedlbird7

Mar 8, 2012
I will sign up for elance. Thanks for the advice, I appreciate it & the cost of living where I live is very high.

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
Read again. 500 pesos is low I said and $500 US is quite high.
Der fIsh

I guess it depends where you are. But 500 won't get you much in the states. And it depends on how much is going on in the screens.

I belong to a webmaster forum and I see the OP's question about once a month. "what can I do online to make money?"

The answer is really "what are you good at?, "what are you passionate about?", "what do you enjoy doing?"

Find those answers then ask yourself if they translate to an online job?

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I send naked fotos of myself to complate strangers on the web.
Then I give them the opportunity to pay me large sums of money to NOT SEND THEM ANY MORE!!!
I suggest all "DR1ers" send me large sums of money, (I HAVE Your "PMs"!!) or you will soon be "Unpleasently Disgusted"!!!!
Cris Colon
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

paintedlbird7

Mar 8, 2012
I send naked fotos of myself to complate strangers on the web.
Then I give them the opportunity to pay me large sums of money to NOT SEND THEM ANY MORE!!!
I suggest all "DR1ers" send me large sums of money, (I HAVE Your "PMs"!!) or you will soon be "Unpleasently Disgusted"!!!!
Cris Colon
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Or maybe I could learn from those BARRIO RATS who post sexy pictures on dating sites & hooks RICH gringos to send $$$$ thru west.union.... JAJA but I'm not desperate!

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
Or maybe I could learn from those BARRIO RATS who post sexy pictures on dating sites & hooks RICH gringos to send $$$$ thru west.union.... JAJA but I'm not desperate!

Who says you have to send pics of yourself? You know it has been proven in a study that most "workers" on a sex-line are 70-year old toothless biddies, with a husky voice of smoking too much... hmmmm!!!!!

Those pics of CC sound to start good...

Please CC send them to me... I can sell them over the internet... there is a market for everything... lol

BelgianK

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Go to "Todo a 10", buy a ton of ladies panties, let your dog sleep on them overnight and sell them as "used" online! ;)