Two Canadians being held in Jail in Higuey charged with assault? Wedding Party.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
If you find yourself driving one day and you witness an accident, do not stay! drive away! do not try to be a good Samaritan. If you are seen next to the scene you will be arrested. The police will assume that you could've been involved somehow, might've caused the accident. Remember guilty until proven innocent.

rice&beans

Silver
May 16, 2010
CANingos, are tough bro... The English side anyways... "you talkin to me" "you have a problem"... jajaja

Keep telling yourself that bro, CANingos.....keep dreaming,

Go ahead, say you were joking again.......jaja jeje

Last edited:

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
The police can press charges. At your first court appearance remand is agreed. It can be anything from one month to a year. During that time investigations are carried out. Remand can be remand in jail, or 'bail'. The bail money has to be paid up front. The details of the remand will have been handed down at their first court appearance, and can be appealed at a later date.

Matilda

rice&beans

Silver
May 16, 2010
look who it is, beans&Rice AKA "snake in the Grass"... you be wearing my chin nuts.. jajaja

CANingos, what a joke.....

I don't know what's funnier, the $100.00 dollars you WOULDN'T give to someone you were madly in love with, and had the greatest time of your life with......

OR CANingos???

Love the entertainment.....

Have a great day Contango!!!!!!

$100. Dollars? CANingos?........jajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajaja

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
The police can press charges. At your first court appearance remand is agreed. It can be anything from one month to a year. During that time investigations are carried out. Remand can be remand in jail, or 'bail'. The bail money has to be paid up front. The details of the remand will have been handed down at their first court appearance, and can be appealed at a later date.

Matilda

On an assault charge? I don't think so. Maybe on robbery, or murder or indirect violation but an assault? I doubt it, but I'll respect your knowledge on this place and come to a conclusion my experience has not been carried out lawfully, or under corrupt circumstance and the lawyers, police and judges just lied to me.

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
CANingos, are tough bro... The English side anyways... "you talkin to me" "you have a problem"... jajaja

Well, it's finally starting to get some play here. Why don't you just copyright it and put it on a t-shirt. Comeon... you KNOW you want to!!! You can take an ad here on DR1 and sell them over the internet!!! You'll be a "CANingo" mogul. It might be as popular as "have a nice day"!!! You can thank me later for your success. LOL

[video=youtube;tOHr85z9k64]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOHr85z9k64[/video]

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012
Well, that article from TheSpec.com gives a whole lot of "no fui yo" and "no es mi culpa". One thing we did not learn was the condition of the victim of this beating.
To have warranted calling in the local constabulary I imagine the injuries were considerable and that there was little doubt as to the guilty parties.
Some poor drunken slob probably pushed the lady or looked sideways at her and in his alcoholic haze the groom came rushing to the rescue of his fair damsel.....and of course the young kid just couldn't resist involving himself..
Idiots, the lot of them...........Aided and abetted by our good friend Al K. Hall.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
It doesn't necessarily mean he was messed up, just because someone was arrested. In a hotel security are sh1t hot, on the ball, they wait weeks for something of interest to come of work (hotel security is not the most active employment), and as anyone will know, PN are like rats in more ways than one, you are also never further than spitting distance of one of them. For a bunch of useless pi1cks they are great at hiding in the shadows, drains, plant pot, god knows how but when sh1t happens they just seem to materialize from air vapor.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Those who live in the DR need to familiarize themselves with Dominican Laws. You are guilty until proven innocent. Both parties involved are thrown in jail until police sort out the circumstances. They will be set free once they investigate and interrogate witnesses.

No, this was changed in 2010 now
Everyone is presumed innocent until judged guilty and all opportunities for appeal have been exhausted.

Criminal Law in Dominican Republic

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Mn, I know you've been in the DR long enough to know that one thing is what they say and another what they do.:) They say that there's "democracy", Dominicans know there's no such thing.

well it was supposedly a big change from the old Napoleonic code. There is the presumption of innocence.. but there is also pretrial remand which can last for a very long time. I do get your point. Just did not know if you were aware of the change in the Constitution.

If you find yourself driving one day and you witness an accident, do not stay! drive away! do not try to be a good Samaritan. If you are seen next to the scene you will be arrested. The police will assume that you could've been involved somehow, might've caused the accident. Remember guilty until proven innocent.

One of the first things i was told, DO NOT HELP! sad!
DO not get into any confrontations....WALK away DO NOT HELP ANYONE!

Oh and us Caningos pretend to be all polite and all but we are REAL BAD ASSES ;-)

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
One of the first things i was told, DO NOT HELP! sad!
DO not get into any confrontations....WALK away DO NOT HELP ANYONE!

Oh and us Caningos pretend to be all polite and all but we are REAL BAD ASSES ;-)

Way to go Harley... Welcome aboard..

Status
Not open for further replies.