Mercado de Valores?

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012
What type of bonds ?? Securities.... The only safe and secure securities trade would be through a U.S broker. There would also be complex tax equations if you are a U.S citizen and made any real coin here.
Same goes for trading "currency". Got to do it on the U.S market.

JohnnyBoy

Bronze
Jun 17, 2012
I would be very hesitant to invest your money here unless you are extremely cognizant of the market you are getting into. Real Estate would be the safest a house or a mixed use property. ROI is nothing compared to the states or Europe.

SugarMorena

Mar 24, 2013
The reason I asked is because Banco Popular (and others) are offering Bonds with interest rates raging from 7% to 13%

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
The reason I asked is because Banco Popular (and others) are offering Bonds with interest rates raging from 7% to 13%

I am fairly sure, if not positive these are RD Peso denominated paper which exposes you to "potential" currency devaluation.
Take a look at this chart and tell me which way you think the RD Peso is going?
At today's rate, your USD depreciates at a rate of 2.4%/DOP the exchange rate climbs towards 50/USD. Talk to a member named PICHARDO on here, he seems to have a Japanese Yen ARB going on VS The RD Peso.

XE.com - USD/DOP Chart