Dealing with the chicas when you don't want to be bothered

cjp2010

Mar 25, 2013
When I'm out with my friends and the wife isn't with me I get propositioned all the time. Many times by girls that know my wife and many times by the same ones I've said no to before.

It happens everywhere. For me it happens the most at Rumba. D'Latin and El Toro would be a tie for second. El Flow is a close third. It even happened a couple of times at the old Winners Circle and Coach's Corner and even at Plan B though not often. The point is you are not going to get away from it unless you stay off of Pedro Clisante.

This never bothered me. I just say I don't want company and look away and the girl will quickly leave 99% of the time. If she doesn't I just tell her again I told you I don't want company so please leave. Or one of my friends may say it. But that is no big deal to me. It's no bother to me to simply say no. It's no huge interruption in my night.

But that is how I feel and I am very aware that many others here do not feel that way. My father is here for a visit now and we're heading out every night. He is overwhelmed by the chicas and does not handle it will. He does not follow my advice and his first words are loud and rude. All that does is get him upset and ruin his good night.

I have seen in the past where guys would tell the staff at Rumba that a girl was bugging them and the staff made the girl leave. At this time we were at D'Latins but I told him to try it there. Sure enough they hauled off the next girl that bugged him. Of course the other girls see this too and so nobody bugged him for quite a while after that. He was able to enjoy a couple of hours and when the next proposition came I said it's time to go hit another spot and we left happy.

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012
You get propositioned on Pedro Clisante.........absolutely shocking !!
Maybe you should try a different bar on a different street.

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
I don't get your point? Two grown men go to a hooker bar and get propositioned. And then scold the girls?

You're confusing those poor chicas!

jilly777

Jul 17, 2013
Its a fact of life...and you already know this....drink in a bar where the girls are and you will be propositioned...they mean no harm and are merely trying to make a living
I get hassle from girls...and I aint no lesbo!!!!
My brother gets hassled...altho he has few objections....hey the girls even squeeze berween us both and do unspeakable things to him in front of me....I am not offended.
If the girls bug him/me/us....its understood that a pointed finger and strong meaningful NO tells them to move away....simple...no swearing...no rudeness...no hard feelings
So please if your father is uncomfortable then take him to a bar where he can enjoy a drink with you.

Dont give cigarettes, beer or any other items to the hookers and they will remember you as an non-interesting person. A Taca?o.

They will only come if you continue to give things to them, it dosent matter what it is- anything will do. Because the first time you give something they become a friend with you- friends means money.
----

But i dont understand why they have problem being talked to by hookers in a hookers place. Just dont go out to the hookers places then. Plenty of other places on this island with less "problems."

Just remember that not all who sells their arse are evil.

gonzo two

Banned
Jan 13, 2010
.....maybe go to the waterfront , nice views and no one ever got propositioned there as far as I know

wrecksum

Bronze
Sep 27, 2010
Strange post.

I can think of at least 10 places within a 5 minute walk from the centre of PC where you won't be bothered by prowling wildlife.

FritoBandito

Bronze
Dec 19, 2009
When was this, Lou has not been open in a longgggg time!

Hahaha.....shows how long it's been since I've been to Sosua then. Must have been almost 2 years ago, at least. I spend my tourist dollars in the Phils now. Lot less aggravation than being in Sosua, for sure.

wrecksum

Bronze
Sep 27, 2010
Hahaha.....shows how long it's been since I've been to Sosua then. Must have been almost 2 years ago, at least. I spend my tourist dollars in the Phils now. Lot less aggravation than being in Sosua, for sure.

Just curious.
Why do you still visit the DR forum if your interest has moved on?

RG84

Bronze
May 21, 2010
Strange post.

I can think of at least 10 places within a 5 minute walk from the centre of PC where you won't be bothered by prowling wildlife.

Agreed. Why when I sleep with dogs, I wake with fleas? Why when I walk down the Malecon at 2am with my Ipod and gold watch I get robbed? Please help with ways to make this stop.

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
Maybe...???

When I'm out with my friends and the wife isn't with me I get propositioned all the time. Many times by girls that know my wife and many times by the same ones I've said no to before.

It happens everywhere. For me it happens the most at Rumba. D'Latin and El Toro would be a tie for second. El Flow is a close third. It even happened a couple of times at the old Winners Circle and Coach's Corner and even at Plan B though not often. The point is you are not going to get away from it unless you stay off of Pedro Clisante.

This never bothered me. I just say I don't want company and look away and the girl will quickly leave 99% of the time. If she doesn't I just tell her again I told you I don't want company so please leave. Or one of my friends may say it. But that is no big deal to me. It's no bother to me to simply say no. It's no huge interruption in my night.

But that is how I feel and I am very aware that many others here do not feel that way. My father is here for a visit now and we're heading out every night. He is overwhelmed by the chicas and does not handle it will. He does not follow my advice and his first words are loud and rude. All that does is get him upset and ruin his good night.

I have seen in the past where guys would tell the staff at Rumba that a girl was bugging them and the staff made the girl leave. At this time we were at D'Latins but I told him to try it there. Sure enough they hauled off the next girl that bugged him. Of course the other girls see this too and so nobody bugged him for quite a while after that. He was able to enjoy a couple of hours and when the next proposition came I said it's time to go hit another spot and we left happy.

No, estoy acompa?ado, Smile... estas muy linda pero no gracias,......or vayate dejarme en paz:angry: usually works as you know.
If dad is overwhelmed why do you take him to those places?
I'm sure where he's from he get's no attention, unwanted or otherwise as in our civilized society we tend to ignore each other.
Maybe dad would like to, but he's too embarrassed and out of practice... let him go without supervision:bunny:.
Seriously, at his age he should know how to resolve situations without being rude.
Saint Tropez, Monte Carlo or Bora Bora may be more his style? :)

cjp2010

Mar 25, 2013
You guys are all 100% correct. I'm surprised I didn't get any responses from the folks who come on here all the time and talk about how annoying the girls are. But yet you would only know that if you were going down PC to be annoyed. Or the ones who I see with my own eyes that are so rude and obnoxious as soon as a girl even says hello.

I always felt like geez, what is the problem, you can't simply say no and move on about your business? But then I see my father do the exact same thing!

Pops wanted to see a couple of things on PC but we're done with that and definitely will not be going back to PC while he is in town. It is not the place for him. That is the best advice for all the others that don't like to be bothered as well.

But for those that must go to PC, not being rude and obnoxious may provide a better night for everyone. Though I do think that some people just like to behave that way as a show of dominance or something.

drescape24

Bronze
Nov 2, 2011
I know I am going to be worked while on P.C. that's comes with the territory. I treat every chica with respect, until they pinch me! Theres no reason to pinch or pull on me. I hate that. But if they scratch my back I buy them a beer. Its all about positive rewards! Hahaha