should've said TE AMO TAMBIEN! :(

toriemannetje

Aug 30, 2013
so wait, i've been dumped the 4th time (by 4 different girls, 1 soltera, 1 con novio, 1 who was engaged and 1 married)

why i tell their social status? because in a matter of a couple of weeks they threw the TE AMO words at me, for a couple of days i was able to dodge it but when it came down to it i needed to tell them if i fell the same way too.

my thing is, i can lie about many things to a girl but i can't say i love her without doing it (because once you've said that! it's a whole different type of relationship) so i offed them with WELL I'M TRYING TO GET THERE.

did no one of them was trying to here that! no one! after looking back at the situation i want to ask you guys this:

1) would you guys lie to keep that thang going on?

2) could you really love someone who loves you after a couple of weeks (who's with someone)? cos in my book that means that she must have loved every guy before you so what means love to here anyway?

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012
Don't get too too flattered. They call everyone here "My Love". The Moto concho guy the waiter and the other guy when you're not around.

toriemannetje

Aug 30, 2013
Don't get too too flattered. They call everyone here "My Love". The Moto concho guy the waiter and the other guy when you're not around.

as i pointed out:

cos in my book that means that she must have loved every guy before you so what means love to here anyway?

so i didn't walk around with an S on my chest after hearing them say to me TE AMO.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
I love you(r money).

You can tell them anything. Lies do not exist in the DR. :classic:

2) could you really love someone who loves you after a couple of weeks (who's with someone)? cos in my book that means that she must have loved every guy before you so what means love to here anyway?

Strictly avoid the "te amo" thing.
I have always told them "no tengo nada contra t?" :D , that seemed to have kept them in line.... ;)

Their 'te amo' phrase is often not complete as not followed by "tu dinero".... :rolleyes:

BTW, get the Dominican edition of 'your book' soon.

donP

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
so wait, i've been dumped the 4th time (by 4 different girls, 1 soltera, 1 con novio, 1 who was engaged and 1 married)

why i tell their social status? because in a matter of a couple of weeks they threw the TE AMO words at me, for a couple of days i was able to dodge it but when it came down to it i needed to tell them if i fell the same way too.

my thing is, i can lie about many things to a girl but i can't say i love her without doing it (because once you've said that! it's a whole different type of relationship) so i offed them with WELL I'M TRYING TO GET THERE.

did no one of them was trying to here that! no one! after looking back at the situation i want to ask you guys this:

First, keep in mind where she?s coming from. TE AMO is like I LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT YOU, so technically it?s not a lie LOL. Remember that the typical Dominican guy says "I love you, we would have beautiful babies" etc, really fast, so us local women are used to that. But it's not like you think he?ll cut his veins for you. You understand that he likes you a lot and things are going well.

I'M REALLY TRYING TO GET THERE, I REALLY CARE ABOUT YOU, etc, sound kind of bad in Spanish. It sounds like the guy is not really into you. It?s like you care so little for her that you can?t even say it!

For a change, you can call the girl "My love", or tell her "I love everything about you".

But, don?t totally change. Once you?ve met a couple of foreign men you understand that they wait to say I love you, and when they do, it makes everything more special.

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011

I will NEVER claimed to be a expert on women mainly Dominican women, but what I can tell you is a Dominican woman will NEVER break up with you because " I LOVE YOU" never came out of your mouth. I can't recall when a woman ever gave a man his walking paper because the 3 words " I LOVE YOU" was never said.

Women now are far more advance and if you showed a Dominican woman you loved him it would be more special then just saying them. The term " Latin Lover" was not invented because Latin men are the best or love the hardest it was given because Latin men know how to make a 350 pound woman feel like Tyra Banks.

You do not have to believe me because I am just the grandson of country boy from Alabama and the grandson from a jibaro what do I know, but it is a way you can prove this in DR for yourself.

Tell a Dominican woman you love her and wait for her reaction. Then go and tell another Dominican woman I have a new Iphone for you and wait for her reaction. I promise you will never ask a question about love in DR again.

Seriously you think Dominican love you??????? Yeah they love you alright you and the rest of Channing Tatum and Bradley Cooper look alikes in DR LOL!!! If I were a Dominican woman I too would love the all so many Al Bundy, Archie Bunkers and George Costanza's of DR.

toriemannetje

Aug 30, 2013
First, keep in mind where she?s coming from. TE AMO is like I LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT YOU, so technically it?s not a lie LOL. Remember that the typical Dominican guy says "I love you, we would have beautiful babies" etc, really fast, so us local women are used to that. But it's not like you think he?ll cut his veins for you. You understand that he likes you a lot and things are going well.

I'M REALLY TRYING TO GET THERE, I REALLY CARE ABOUT YOU, etc, sound kind of bad in Spanish. It sounds like the guy is not really into you. It?s like you care so little for her that you can?t even say it!

For a change, you can call the girl "My love", or tell her "I love everything about you".

But, don?t totally change. Once you?ve met a couple of foreign men you understand that they wait to say I love you, and when they do, it makes everything more special.

man, the thing about me is that i really CAN?T say it!

the funny thing about it all is that 3 of them we?re having their loves yet they tried to claim and sufecate me with things like trying to see pictures in my cell, wanting to sit next to me when i?m on facebook. imagine if i would say TE AMO.

if then i cross the line with them!

miguel james

Nov 6, 2012
Hitting the nail on the head!!!
"Tell a Dominican woman you love her and wait for her reaction. Then go and tell another Dominican woman I have a new Iphone for you and wait for her reaction. I promise you will never ask a question about love in DR again."

La Rubia

Bronze
Jan 1, 2010

Can't stop laughing at this.

First Shalena explains the hair thing, then you sum up in a sentence what most gringas have to find out the hard way. I love how DR1'ers bring us extranjeros closer to coming in from the outside!

Thanks for the inside scoop!