A Negative Blood needed at CMC for William McDouglas

Spicedwine

Apr 25, 2006
He was shot tonight in his home and requires blood donations urgently. Any help is appreciated by all of his friends!!!

Linda Stapleton

Jun 3, 2003
Universal blood type

Contact those in the blood registry who have either A- or O- blood and ask if they can help.

Be aware that at CMC they have sometimes refused to recognize universal blood types. You may need to stand your ground and insist on an opinion from a higher doctor if this is a problem.

jmnorr

Nov 22, 2012
Here did he live, is there any family that needs help with anything. We are in LaMulata 4 area and are the wrong blood types, however I was able to donate 0+ for Jim Hughes. PRAYERS

Astucia

Papa de Negrita
Oct 19, 2013
here is the elephant in the room. Apparently William was left to bleed out for more than an hour as CMC would do nothing wiithout Insurance card or $$$$ Thank God friends were able to round this up fairly quickly.

Last edited:

drSix

Silver
Oct 13, 2013
here is the elephant in the room.

That would be the mouse in the room... I think that is pretty much a 'duh'. You can get a couple beers on credito at the Colmado, but the docs will not touch you without cash up front. In the DR they take the Hypocritical Oath. I had to pay cash up front twice, once at CMC for them to do more damage, and again at HOMS because a baby with a broken femur isn't considered 'emergent'. If anything happens again, I will just pour some Robitussin on it and buy a flight to Miami.

luvvinit

Sep 2, 2013
OK, to set things straight here, William did NOT know the assailant, he fought back and bit him, we heard the shots and my husband went over straight away and the police were there within minutes, the dogs were around the back sleeping, the guy did NOT know he had dogs. OK so now to the important thing, William still needs 1 more pint of blood, he is doing really good and is now in a side room..........

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
here is the elephant in the room. Apparently William was left to bleed out for more than an hour as CMC would do nothing wiithout Insurance card or $$$$ Thank God friends were able to round this up fairly quickly.

Indeed, we should all realize that we have a responsibility to have either a method of payment for services that includes either cash or local insurance. Did you mean that friends rounded up his insurance card?

We are not in a country of free medical care (unless you consider public hospitals care medical care). That said, I am very sorry to hear he was shot and was in such a life and death predicament. A shame the dogs were of no help in this situation. I hope he is able to completely recover and if a miracle happens they will actually find his assailant.

Feb 15, 2005
Good to know this gentleman is doing better. The first thing he should do, once he's fully recovered, is go home and kick the dogs in the ass.