best DR source fo a quality SPLIT AirConditioner Inverter unit with a hi SEER rating?

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
I am looking to buy LOCALLY a new Split Air Conditioner unit (int. & ext) with Inverter technology and a SEER rating 18 or above (they sell up to 24 SEER in the US).

Electric economy is KEY for us, since we live in a condo which pays high KWh cost since we have a "planta".

18'000 BTU (which is pretty standard here).

I need a good source with reasonable cost and quality machines. We will use Mike Fitzgerald of Cabarete/Sosua as a certified installer.

Thanks! ... J-D.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
The best SEER rating I have seen here is for a Lennox brand, at 15 SEER.
Plaza Lama has several on sale now including Panasonic & LG brands with 12 & 13 Seer.
Corripio also carries several brands.
They seem to run about 30,000 for 12,000 btu, 40,000 for 18,000 btu, and 50,000 for 24,000.
If you REALLY want to know where to find the Lennox brand, pm me.
I cut the ad from the paper last week, but its in my bedroom.
It is in the Naco section of SD.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Fredo

Mar 17, 2013
I tell you what the worst unit is...
TGM inverter !! the outside heat exchanger completely corroded/destroyed after 12 months of use...
My other TGM normal splits last me 4 years...

these units stand side by side...

drescape24

Bronze
Nov 2, 2011
I tell you what the worst unit is...
TGM inverter !! the outside heat exchanger completely corroded/destroyed after 12 months of use...
My other TGM normal splits last me 4 years...

these units stand side by side...
I was told that TGM is a decent brand because they are simple , with less bells and whistles and the locals can fix then easier. I have a TGM, going on 5 years and no problems. I also have LG in the states and they are fanstic.
Seer, is the efficiency rating.

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
what's SEER?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SEER is an obscure or hard to understand effectiveness/electrical consumption rating/ Only few years ago most AC's had a SEER of 7, 8, 9... then just one or two years ago 13 to 15 was the standard.
The introduction of "inverter technology" which affects the the power supply to the compressor so that instead of turning on and off, the AC can smoothly change SPEED, which essentially saves the starting effort, moved them up to 15 and higher.
Very small units now can be seen in the US with 24 SEER and even slightly higher.
I just bought an 18K BTU unit over the net now which has a 21 SEER rating. I expect it here in a couple of months.

Now, I did ask around "how much consumption percentage difference is there between a 18 SEER (which is the highest I have seen here in the DR) and my 21 SEER?". Not even in the US could they explain this one to me.

We pay $0.45/Kwh! So to us, energy economy/effectiveness is IMPORTANT.

TGM, Sankey... they are not even real brands.
Most AC are made entirely in China or at least assembled from Chinese parts. The one I ordered hast Toshiba guts.
But most of what reaches the DR are lower grade units than what is being sold in the US. Stuff made for the Asian, African and Latino market.

... J-D.

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
At the office we use a Mitsubisi Mr. Slim. We are very happy with it. It is economical and silent. It was sold by MPG & Asociados.