A little suggestion to improve the forum

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
As no one other than Rob and the Mods have figured out the search functions, I think there is obviously something there that is never going to improve, still the same after all these years. Would it be an option to have a 'tag' option for threads we want to keep an eye on, knowing that the thread is likely to slip off the main board into the archives. We could have our own top 10, 20, 30 etc threads within our own profile.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Do you see the gray bar above the first post? Click on "Thread Tools" and then on " Subscribe to this thread"

It will be added to your profile, and you'll be able to find it with a click.

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
Do you see the gray bar above the first post? Click on "Thread Tools" and then on " Subscribe to this thread"

It will be added to your profile, and you'll be able to find it with a click.

Thankyou AE (thats feels unusual:laugh:), excellent for the future.

I am having trouble finding a thread from maybe 6 weeks ago. Someone had gone through the renewal process themselves, I believe they had expired and also lost their cards. As my cards are lost and expired while I've been out of the country I have no clue how they will renew lost expired cards. I need the old cards to renew the term, but can not imagine they will sell me new/lost expired cards so I can do this.
If this makes sense.

But I think this info was on this thread!

This search engine is awful, enter Cedula into the search and it brings me Recession of 2008 and alsorts.

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
Thankyou AE (thats feels unusual:laugh:), excellent for the future.

I am having trouble finding a thread from maybe 6 weeks ago. Someone had gone through the renewal process themselves, I believe they had expired and also lost their cards. As my cards are lost and expired while I've been out of the country I have no clue how they will renew lost expired cards. I need the old cards to renew the term, but can not imagine they will sell me new/lost expired cards so I can do this.
If this makes sense.

But I think this info was on this thread!

This search engine is awful, enter Cedula into the search and it brings me Recession of 2008 and alsorts.

Search function is pretty good if you know how to take advantage of it...
Try the advanced search option. It lets you choose a date range and even posts by a specific poster if you remember who wrote it.

Alternately, you can use google.com and the following format in the search box:
site:dr1.com/forums cedula
Then when you get the results, you can use the search tools option to choose date ranges, etc

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
I only use Google to search these forums. I have never had any luck at all with the search button here. But Google search seems to work very well.

And, of course, there is the back up of

"Ask AE" who knows all..

mofongoloco

Silver
Feb 7, 2013
I would love a filing cabinet. Nals puts up valuable stuff and it gets lost to me. I would pay for a filing cabinet.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
You could create a bookmarks folder with links to your favourite posts and threads.