Do I break the 30 day overstay rule if...

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
I came in april 29, wednesday, plan on leaving may 29 friday. Want to be sure how they count days at the airport and if the law is over 30 days, or 30 days and over.

If it is more than 30 days from the entry date that is stamped in your passport than you most likely will have to pay the overstay penalty. This is not rocket science people.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
i wasnt concerned about the fee amount but I figured that with the new law they are creating a new database of prior overstayers. I plan on entering this country 3x a year and dont want to get on some fool list when i try to reenter in August. Will change my ticket to may 28 as I dont know how they count to 30 here.

The 'list' is only to calculate the charges for the length of the visit..... as far as you're concerned.

I expect the system will also track frequency but that shouldn't trouble you either.

30 days is your concern at this point........
I can't imagine the system can accept 1/2 days

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
You may be right, I did get a computerized receipt that had my full name and passport # on it - I'm going to try to find it and see if it has the dates printed.

To be continued.....

Okay, found my "official" receipt from Ministerio de Interior y Policia, Direccion General de Migracion, Ave 30 de Mayo, Esq. Heroes de Luperon, Sto.Dgo. [809]508-2555 [in case anyone wants to call them]

Receipt does NOT show any dates except departure, I was hoping it had entry too, because then it would be the computer and NOT the cajero who figures the # days/$$ amount.

It shows: date, time, cajero name, caja#, receipt#, transaction #, first name, last name, nationality, passport #, and amount I paid.

Interestingly enough, under passport# it has a space for Residencia#. Odd no?? If you have residencia you shouldn't have to pay ANYTHING, right???

Jaime809

Bronze
Aug 23, 2012
Interestingly enough, under passport# it has a space for Residencia#. Odd no?? If you have residencia you shouldn't have to pay ANYTHING, right???

I had my residence visa expire ~2 months before I left DR the last time, maybe that's what it's for?

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Okay, found my "official" receipt from Ministerio de Interior y Policia, Direccion General de Migracion, Ave 30 de Mayo, Esq. Heroes de Luperon, Sto.Dgo. [809]508-2555 [in case anyone wants to call them]

Receipt does NOT show any dates except departure, I was hoping it had entry too, because then it would be the computer and NOT the cajero who figures the # days/$$ amount.

It shows: date, time, cajero name, caja#, receipt#, transaction #, first name, last name, nationality, passport #, and amount I paid.

that's the $64,000 question - will we residents be recorded permanently ?

I'll know June 27th.......
somebody may be re-arriving sooner

they logged all my info from what I could tell when I left end of April..
but none of them knew if it was stored - or just entered for the one time

remember my lost passport? When i got to that desk they asked me how long i'd been in the dr, and i lied and said since the 24th of last month. Did i have proof of that? "no, but i lost my passport right here at the airport the day i arrove." did you report it? "yes i did"
then she said, looking at her computer screen. "ok i see it here. You are lucky! Go ahead."
der fish

hahahahahha awesome!!!