Electricity Outages >Edenorte/Maybe Other Regions Also >UP & DOWN-WTH?

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
For the past week or more, Edenorte has had probs.

I, & many long term residents here, were happy that we, (supplied by Edenorte), didn't have our ' normal weekly',
maintenance 'cut off', each Tuesday- (Used to be another day, but never mind = DUH!)

This evening, Wednesday, we did not have NOT have a regular supply, (Up & Down like a Parson with a Virgin..)..:p

I am sick of this chit, and would welcome any comments from those that live in Sosua, especially
La Multata/Cabarete/La Cienaga areas

No silly prats comments are welcome...

Only those that are experiencing similar probs, that will help other members on DR1. will be respected..

& Thank You in advance, for any constructive comments, as to WHY, ..this is going on at the mo. and continues to do so...

:disappoin

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
For the past week or more, Edenorte has had probs.

I, & many long term residents here, were happy that we, (supplied by Edenorte), didn't have our ' normal weekly',
maintenance 'cut off', each Tuesday- (Used to be another day, but never mind = DUH!)

This evening, Wednesday, we did not have NOT have a regular supply, (Up & Down like a Parson with a Virgin..)..:p

I am sick of this chit, and would welcome any comments from those that live in Sosua, especially
La Multata/Cabarete/La Cienaga areas

No silly prats comments are welcome...

Only those that are experiencing similar probs, that will help other members on DR1. will be respected..

& Thank You in advance, for any constructive comments, as to WHY, ..this is going on at the mo. and continues to do so...

:disappoin

This should be no surprise. You are after all in the DR. The Gov does not want to pay to have 24/7 continuous power because they simply can't afford to do so. Power supply should be privately run. There would be more of a profit incentive but most likely higher costs to cover those who don't pay their bills. The only thing you can do is set up a backup generator or solar and go off the grid.

msmfgf

Jul 12, 2013
my guess is that consumption has increased during the heatwave.
fridges working harder, a/c & fans running more often & even pumps working longer to fill pools & for more showers etc.
the infrastructure is ancient with minimal maintenance.
no surprise for long-term residents!

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Calling Friends

Surely you can pick up the phone, explain who you are and get reconnected, no?

Especially as she is well connected to generals, secret service, etc. :rolleyes:
I do not see a problem...... :classic:

no surprise for long-term residents!
She is a longtime resident... but every once a while comes up with newbie questions... usually around midnight...

:laugh:

donP

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
msmfgf,

What you said.

We can't do much about maintenance shutdowns, but as evidenced by Claro installing fiber in some communities before the area as a whole, some pressure can be brought to bear on EdeNorte by affluent communities who pay their bills to limit the disruptions where possible and come back up faster than other less "organised" neighborhoods in some cases.

The generation/distribution system obviously needs work. They obviously need stable cash flow to perform the necessary upgrades after "they" stuff their pockets and the pockets of "others" of course. If a steady supply of energia is important to someone, then they need to have a kickass inverter and as many batteries as they can afford, solar panels for those where that makes sense. It's important to stay on top of your energy consumption. As you plug more things in that you consider essential, you need to be adding capacity to your backup power system at the same time or just take the plunge and install equipment that exceeds your needs by a large margin and grow into it over time.

I was swearing at EdeNorte just the other day when the power was up and down about three times in 15 minutes for a couple of minutes each time. I really start to swear about hour 7 or 8 into an extended outage as I know it takes a significant amount of time to recharge my old batteries to the point that they can sustain another all day event. In last week's heat, that next extended outage could easily have been the very next day.

I have no real excuse for my angst as I know what needs to be done to alleviate my concerns. One of these days, I'll reach my breaking point and the next day I'll buy the system that should be here already to deal with the power reality in Sosua.

Even here in the DR, the technology to deal with the Ede shortcomings is readily available. One just needs to stop complaining, accept the power reality and address the problem, if it is a major concern.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Talking of edenorte, went to pay my bill yesterday.
The lady said to me that it would help if we paid the bill the 30th of each month ( instead of the 11th ).
Help who for what ? I asked her.
To help keep 24 h electricity, she says....

I have NEVER in 6 years, had 24 h continious luz. It is better now, i have like 9-10 hours a day, on good days.....( good days used to be 5 hours......).
Anyway I pointed out to her that we had 6 hours in 2 days.....
She said ah no !! 24 h for guananico ( where i pay the bill), not montegordo ( where I live)...
Ven aqua !!!! I amswered, get them to pay on the 30th.....

The cheek !!!!

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
The government run EDE's will not demand everyone pay. They don't have the balls to do that for political reasons. They will continue to provide power based upon priority to A, B, C and D circuits based upon priority with A being the closest thing to 24/7 and D being about 12 hours a day.
Those that don't pay, or pay very little, seem to be fine with this arrangement.

The affluent communities can get "A level 24/7" power if they are on a circuit where everyone pays.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
The government run EDE's will not demand everyone pay. They don't have the balls to do that for political reasons. They will continue to provide power based upon priority to A, B, C and D circuits based upon priority with A being the closest thing to 24/7 and D being about 12 hours a day.
Those that don't pay, or pay very little, seem to be fine with this arrangement.

The affluent communities can get "A level 24/7" power if they are on a circuit where everyone pays.

the guys in POP who are connected to the Playa Dorada circuit pay more, but have a service that is pretty close to 24-7.

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
Surely you can pick up the phon..e, explain who you....
are and get reconnected, no?

WALLAH! Robert. Excuse my delay in replying to your previous reply to this thread..
I was stuck in NJ, awaiting the private jet I was on to Refuel to return to the DR. >The UN prvate planes take presidence to Re-Fuel >I'm sure you will understand that, in view of the dangerous situ in the world at the mo.

I reported mths ago > on my prev. thread, >the D.R. want to sell ALL Electricity Cos.
Thus further maintenance in ALL Regions needs to be done, before a SERIOUS Offer could be presented on 'The Market'..

Sadly that sale, & the pressures from 'Bosses', for Not-well trained Techs in EVERY REGION, for electricity supply..seems to be affecting all of us living in the DR.> Those Elect. Techs here HAVE BEEN WARNED..SORT THE PROBs RAPIDo_Or..

NOW, more 'EXPLOSIONs', in yet another 'Planta' in Santo Domingo.. has followed suit in Sosua/other Regions,.more to come methnks?
NB: My Warnings on both of my previous threads regarding the same problem seem to have been ignored..as USUAL!

NB2.Remember my thread 7yrs ago about what I saw through my telescope- regarding a "New Star"..

PS: PLEASE, in future Robert, I rarely have time to post on DR1, when I do, my posts are normally full of good sound advice.

Saludos

I remain Your 'Lady-in-Waiting'.. that taught you a couple of yrs ago, about Maintenance/Stopping Spammers on DR1..

You & I, know 'Nuffin'...

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
Sits back and opens some popcorn...

NOPE!, I would love some SWEET popcorn & will not,,,

BUT ..
I feel .it is not YOU replying, maybe someone else has organised an AUTO REPLY.
? = eg;

"Sits back and opens some popcorn" back

I rest my case...

Good night, make sure you are safe, - you know where to find/contact me..
NOT by pm, nor by reply to this thread Robert,,,

The reason I ask you = simply trust me for Admin Tech Help,,, as usual.

LBB

Marcion

*** Sin Bin ***
Nov 22, 2014
fatal-attraction-of-the-peep-kind.png

I'm sure it will all work out.

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
just keep taking your meds, ok? all will be well.

After viewing all of your replies to folk on DR1..

+ tracing your NON- Helpful replies to all sites your posts on - NOT Just DR1! ,,,

YOU Offend other staff & learned members on DR1, that give good advice..

As you are shown as a Moderator on DR!, do your job and keep this thread ON TOPIC >

Instead of stupid comments like;

"just keep taking your meds, ok? all will be well."

This thread is about the SERIOUS POWER CUTs in the DR, at the mo.,,,

DR1. Site became fully operational in 1998/9. Thanks to D. & Robert..

PLEASE dv8, respect them
+ any replies from you in any threads in the future - KEEP THEM on TOPIC !

Thank You

LBB,,,,:mad: