the poorest dominicans don't eat

Naked_Snake

Bronze
Sep 2, 2008
I m a professional cowboy. I have been cowboying for 25 years. So I know heaps of bull**** when I see it.

I keep talking about inferiority complex which inhibits any progressive sense of change, but you guys keep talking about genotypic ethnography(not race, since there is only one).
Like I said I ve been cowboying so long I can smell a tallywacker on the rise.

Barring lack of consistent electricity and a better non plantain based diet, many of these eat but eat poorly or infrequently due to excessive wastefulness in food preparation and an exquisite lassitude in planning.

And I'm the bloody king of France, Louis XIX. Move along...

Naked_Snake

Bronze
Sep 2, 2008
Barring lack of consistent electricity and a better non plantain based diet, many of these folks eat but eat poorly or infrequently due to excessive wastefulness in food preparation and an exquisite lassitude in planning.

Given the fact that many of those you're belittling share what they have done for the day (as in, not putting the leftovers on a bin) I think you are unjustly generalizing here. But that's to be expected from a grossly uninformed "blan", to borrow a term from our western neighbors. See? Not of all of us bend over backwards to accommodate you, guys.

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2014
Given the fact that many of those you're belittling share what they have done for the day (as in, not putting the leftovers on a bin) I think you are unjustly generalizing here. But that's to be expected from a grossly uninformed "blan", to borrow a term from our western neighbors. See? Not of all of us bend over backwards to accommodate you, guys.
Im lost on the last two sentences you wrote. But as I ve been cowboying so long jibber-jabber sounds like late night campfire songs on the llanos.

All that food goes into the garbage. They share what is the pot but dont eat everything on their plate. So they are still wasting food but it has been dispatched from the central location(the pot) to satellite location(the plate) to still be dumped on the ground next to the trash so the mangy dogs(who always seem to have a broken leg or foot) can eat it.

Naked_Snake

Bronze
Sep 2, 2008
Im lost on the last two sentences you wrote. But as I ve been cowboying so long jibber-jabber sounds like late night campfire songs on the llanos.

Simply put, that you, sir, aren't as bright as you portray yourself to be. Keep ASSuming that all of us are putting you foreigners in a pedestal, you might get a very nasty surprise on this score one of these days...

Apr 7, 2014
Simply put, that you, sir, aren't as bright as you portray yourself to be. Keep ASSuming that all of us are putting you foreigners in a pedestal, you might get a very nasty surprise on this score one of these days...
I m a professional cowboy...been wrangling steer and roping dawgies a long, long time. What is your response to the 2nd paragraph? Do they or do they not waste food?

I have bought people wholesome food only for it to NEVER be consumed so they can eat Pan for breakfast solely.

Naked_Snake

Bronze
Sep 2, 2008
What is your response to the 2nd paragraph? Do they or do they not waste food?

Given the horror story represented by going to a supermarket these days? They don't waste food that much. I won't deny it used to be a norm on previous decades, however. After Rio de Janeiro, Santo Domingo must be like the second most expensive city in Latin America, or at least that's the opinion some folks at the IMF have told me.

Last edited:

robbiee

Bronze
Dec 27, 2014
www.dominicanfun.net
I rest my case, pointless :)
i don't have other words to describe it so you would understand the point:
do NOT COMPARE different countries,
this is about eating of poor dominicans.
it does not even matter if just 5% or 95% of dominicans count as poor,
it also does ZERO matter how many germans or chineses are poor.
each of those countries has it's many and very different society levels, how many %%% of the population count into which portion, is completely irrelevant and has nothing to do with the topic.

Mike

DomAm

May 11, 2002
i ate it few times as "dominican breakfast", with mangoo,scrambled eggs and onions and...I survived and wasnt hungry anymore ;-)

Playing dominoes for hours, while drinking Presidentes, in the corner colmado, hungry for munchies....picadera de salami con queso y aceitunas!

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I m a professional cowboy. I have been cowboying for 25 years. So I know heaps of bull**** when I see it.

I keep talking about inferiority complex which inhibits any progressive sense of change, but you guys keep talking about genotypic ethnography(not race, since there is only one).
Like I said I ve been cowboying so long I can smell a tallywacker on the rise.

Barring lack of consistent electricity and a better non plantain based diet, many of these folks eat but eat poorly or infrequently due to excessive wastefulness in food preparation and an exquisite lassitude in planning.

That is why they are always at your house during meal times. To see delicious things you have to eat...and share.

We simply disagree with you, and professional cowboys are professional bull-****ters. Are there Dominicans that go to bed hungry and wake up hungry, without a doubt. Just because the Dominican sense of self is different than what you expect it to be doesn't mean the nation has collective inferiority complexes.
The live for today is common throughout the world.

jstarebel

Silver
Oct 4, 2013
there is no such thing as "dominican pan". it is bread only by name

Well Robbie, pan de agua is whats for breakfast in poor areas of Santo Domingo. Sometimes plain, sometimes with some cheese, or some salami. Say what you will.. I really don't care, as it doesn't change any of these facts.

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Poor Dominicans who have nothing to eat have nothing to do with wars gone by. :tired:

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Well Robbie, pan de agua is whats for breakfast in poor areas of Santo Domingo. Sometimes plain, sometimes with some cheese, or some salami. Say what you will.. I really don't care, as it doesn't change any of these facts.
I eat pan de agua almost everyday for breakfast. Either with cheese or peanut butter. It's about the only bread that's passable (if from Nacional).

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I eat pan de agua almost everyday for breakfast. Either with cheese or peanut butter. It's about the only bread that's passable (if from Nacional).

I'm not a fan of Dominican bread, but Nacional does a better job than most. I do like their long bread with the herbs, good for making cold cut sandwiches.