Former Coastal Store Now Next Station

Spicedwine

Apr 25, 2006
I stopped today at the little restaurant/take away run by a very nice Dominican person. I go there at least once a week for take out for one reason or another, always find the food very good and well priced. I had heard that he was going to have to leave because the new owner/management do not want any competition for food in the plaza. Today he asked me if I would be able to help him find new homes for his cat and dog and he will soon have no work and won't be able to care for them!! That had me in tears! Here is a man who has worked hard and established himself with a decent income and client base, and now finds himself going to be out of business and is still looking to do the right thing for his animals that he obviously cares for. I know a lot of the animal groups go there and will know who and what I mean. Is there a way to help him? Don't think I will be a frequent visitor to the new business in this location. Hope our wonderful car cleaning gets to stay, but have heard some things about that also....

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
That is sad. There is also another little restaurant on the other side of that plaza. Sounds like they will also have to go.

Dmason

Mar 11, 2012
Sad. His name is Miguel, and he employs about four others, also very decent people.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Dominicans are all "Come Solos", meaning,..." I got mine, now go "F*#K Yourself"!!!!!!!

"My piece of the pie" tastes better when no one else gets any "PIE"!!!!!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

ohmmmm

Bronze
Jun 11, 2010
Dominicans are all "Come Solos", meaning,..." I got mine, now go "F*#K Yourself"!!!!!!!

"My piece of the pie" tastes better when no one else gets any "PIE"!!!!!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

That is not true

BermudaRum

Bronze
Oct 9, 2007
Sad. His name is Miguel, and he employs about four others, also very decent people.

At the end of the day I hope he finds another location close to where he has operated. After all, he is very well supported by many locals, as well as expats living here.

drSix

Silver
Oct 13, 2013
I had heard that he was going to have to leave because the new owner/management do not want any competition for food in the plaza.

This angers me. I too frequent his place, he has good food at a good price.

Sounds like enough people really like this guy and his food, I am sure he can find another place to have his business.

It's too bad they don't just leave the food places there not everyone likes the same things, competition could really bring in more people to their plaza. Pretty bad move, I only usually went there for gas, now I am not so sure about the place!!

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
The guy and his wife really knew the meaning of "Servicio Al Cliente"!!!!!!!
A Rare "Commodity" here in the DR!!!!!!!!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Dmason

Mar 11, 2012
More than that. 'Twas a local lunch stop, breeze blowing through, loc's and gringos alike, stopping in for lunch. Friendly and cordial, it was a "leveller."

Vinyasa

Bronze
Dec 22, 2010
www.kieranbarry.com
well, a little more than the breeze sadly. Since the furniture place next door ramped up its operations, they is often noxious chemicals being sprayed through that whole area. Probably best that he moves location imo