Blue Mustang driven by crazy russian from cocotal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
why don't you guys open a new topic with your New Theme??
DR1 is not anything short on server space, there is really no trouble at all, to open a new topic and discuss a new theme.

Mike

the OP informed the board of a guy who is a menace to the environs.

a suggestion was made for what might be, at least temporarily, a halt to his indiscretions.

it is perfectly logical, and on topic, to discuss whether or not the attempt at a remedy would be effective.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Mike, the sugar debate was just getting to octane stabilizers and you're choosing to discourage them???? Just as my Saturday night is rapidly approaching????

hey Man,
not even 30 minutes ago i arrived back home,
after dropping all my girls, including my Chihuahua Lucy, off at the Sista in Law's place for da weekend.
i am ready and i even don't need popcorn for that, lol.
but they will switch to rocket science and none has even a clue about what OP they are discussing about/on.
we will follow 'em anyways, here or "there".

Mike

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun

a suggestion was made for what might be, at least temporarily, a halt to his indiscretions.

it is perfectly logical, and on topic, to discuss whether or not the attempt at a remedy would be effective.

don't worry,
i am ready for any kinda "logic".
heck, if needed, i even have popcorn which takes just 4 1/2 minutes in the microwave to be ready to rumble.
go ahead, i will enjoy.

Mike

May 5, 2007

Problem is, some people will deflect, change and head in any direction they can to try and prove their incorrect statement I'm pretty comfortable with my statement and your confirmation: Sugar does not dissolve in gasoline Try it at home in a glass End of comment

No idea what year the Mustang being commented on is, but from paint description it has to be a Shelby GT 350 or modern reproduction

Apr 7, 2014
Problem is, some people will deflect, change and head in any direction they can to try and prove their incorrect statement I'm pretty comfortable with my statement and your confirmation: Sugar does not dissolve in gasoline Try it at home in a glass End of comment

No idea what year the Mustang being commented on is, but from paint description it has to be a Shelby GT 350 or modern reproduction
So you didnt see post #53 and the subsequent one ~#56?

Lets not chicken diddle around here. What good does it do to put "a little sugar in a glass with a little gasoline"? No, no, lets mock up a real work example, at least. Take at least 1 POUND OF GRANULATED SUGAR and put it in a 3 gallon bucket of gasoline. THEN attach a high volume electric pump with a nylon sock attached at the mouth at the bottom of the bucket to simulate "real world conditions" of a fuel pump inside the gas tank.

As you saw in the BMW video the contaminant destroyed the fuel system. You saw the guy with the fuel sending unit disassembled, showing the pump and the internals of the tank.

In the Subaru video you saw the sugar had plugged the filler neck SO....the owner was unable to refuel the car. So if it didnt dissolve, something made it cake up and present a problem. Was that the original intent? I doubt it but that was how the tank and filler neck was designed for that car.

So there is no deflection. The only premise you are beholden to is: Will the fuel filter catch all that slipped past the pump?

His Royal Majesty, Lord Belly Button Kidney Bean, House of Donkey Kong

Apr 7, 2014
remember i was an automobile adjuster and investigator for decades. i denied many a claim for sugar in the tank. when guys engines began to go south, they would claim that it was the victim of vandalism, sugar in the tank. we blew them off real soon.
You were doing that in the 1970s right? Or the early 1980s? When most all cars had carburetors and mechanical fuel pumps?
In that case only what you say has merit.
Remember a mechanical fuel pump is a lever bolted to the engine driven by a lobe on the camshaft. It receives fuel via a conduit connected to the tank in the rear. The only restriction of consequence is the main fuel filter and then the inline fuel filter inside the carburetor.
=
Electric fuel pumps are either mounted in-line on a frame support or inside the tank. In any event, if the pump pickup is at the bottom of tank where the sugar aggregates then it is fait accompli. It doesnt actually have to be sucked into the system. All it needs to do is clog the sock or the inlet and create such a restriction that the pump motor burns out.

His Royal Majesty, Lord Belly Button Kidney Bean, House of Donkey Kong

Status
Not open for further replies.