Dish network

Jaime809

Bronze
Aug 23, 2012
This is the first I've heard of IPTV. Not to hijack the thread, but could you tell me more? How are the 800-900 channels accessed? Happy New Year!!!

It's a little box that connects directly to your internet and TV (some have wifi capabilities, so you don't even need a physical ethernet cable). It operates exactly like a cable or satellite receiver; turn it on, it boots, and displays available channels. My buddy buys them in SD. The initial cost is around $9000 RD, and there's an annual subscription fee after the first year (don't know what it is, haven't paid it yet). It gets pretty much all the movie channels, broadcast stations from NY and Miami, and all the sports you can handle.

You need at least 6mb internet, and 10mb is better.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
With this approach you should be fine. As long as your service address remains intact, you've got a way to swap a defective receiver if needed.

Just remember, don't plug the receiver into the phone or internet while in DR. The caller ID will show your 8x9 area code, letting them know you're out of the USA. Same for internet; IP addresses that directly touch the internet are issued in country-specific ranges. This means no pay-per-view using your remote. You'll need to either call and order, or go online from your computer and order.

If you log onto their site they will see your Dominican IP address.
If you call them they will see your Dominican Caller-ID.

affald

May 17, 2004
Not a big ppv person, but I assume I can call with my usa ooma number. Any contacts for the iptv installation? Does it work well, what is monthly fee, can it be used in usa??? Ty all.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920AZ using Tapatalk

Jaime809

Bronze
Aug 23, 2012
Not a big ppv person, but I assume I can call with my usa ooma number. Any contacts for the iptv installation? Does it work well, what is monthly fee, can it be used in usa??? Ty all.

I have Ooma as well. I haven't been able to get the receiver to dial using it. But you dialing will show your Ooma phone number.

IPTV works pretty much everywhere, as I understand. I'll test next time I'm in the states; might be a decent alternative to Dish. I've cancelled my Dish contract already, but I never got it completely installed.

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
DishNetwork found out something was fishy with my receivers and they cut off all the extra receivers except the original one. This way, they can 'punish' you and they continue to receive a monthly check.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004

I "understand" IPTV works pretty well for the annual price of $105 US. Around 827 channels with quite a few non-English ones, so I am told.

It will work anywhere you have a fast enough Internet speed of say 5 Mbits/s or better.

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
I "understand" IPTV works pretty well for the annual price of $105 US. Around 827 channels with quite a few non-English ones, so I am told.

It will work anywhere you have a fast enough Internet speed of say 5 Mbits/s or better.

http://buyiptvserver.com/

windyguy - How does IPTV differ from pirated free streaming live TV? After paying for the IPTV, there are no additional charges to access those hundreds of channels?

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
@ affald , re: DishAnywhere
I think so, but look it up or call them

It solves your problem and is legal.........

Jaime809

Bronze
Aug 23, 2012
The dish hopper comes with sling, is that the same as dishanywhere?

Yes it is, but it doesn't work everywhere. You need some form of IP address masking to get the streaming shows to work. Once you have a decent speed connection and your IP masked the programs will show fine. If your DVR is still plugged in at home and connected to the internet, you can view the recorded programs as well.

Jaime809

Bronze
Aug 23, 2012
@ affald , re: DishAnywhere
I think so, but look it up or call them

It solves your problem and is legal.........

Not quite, FCC regulations still apply, as the programming is still originating in the US. Pretty much everything we're discussing here runs afoul of FCC regulations.

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
The dish hopper comes with sling, is that the same as dishanywhere?

The dish hopper is for recording shows and movies, but you should not use this outside of the US since it needs to be hooked up via internet and they will see its outside the US. Maybe you can mask it but i wouldn't risk it.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I can't see where put gepographic restrictions on - but I don't have it.
My speeds are terrible here.

I called about my Cdn house and they said i was good.

It is being sold as a 'travel' type option..... go anywhere with your DISH

I could be wrong................but

Jaime809

Bronze
Aug 23, 2012
I can't see where put gepographic restrictions on - but I don't have it.
My speeds are terrible here.

I called about my Cdn house and they said i was good.

It is being sold as a 'travel' type option..... go anywhere with your DISH

I could be wrong................but

Ah! Dish does have a service and receiver/dish product that is intended for mobile homes, that does not need a permanent service address. I'm told you have to prove that it's installed in a mobile home or RV, but I could be wrong there. Maybe they still insist on having a technician install before activation of services.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
We make no representation that Content on DISH Anywhere is appropriate or available for use in locations outside the United States, and accessing it from territories where the Content is illegal is prohibited. If you choose to access DISH Anywhere from a location outside the U.S., you do so on your own initiative and you are responsible for compliance with local laws.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The above is from the terms of use definitions in the contract

I would call DISH
We're getting too many conflicting answers/opinions here.

Personally, I was approved for out of US use- namely Canada

Theoretically, you can watch movies on your phone in Poland