2016 Hurricane Season

Marilyn

Bronze
May 7, 2002
Sounds good. I'm off to Bahia de las Aguilas next weekend and i want sunshine !!!!!!!!!! :) :)

I will be around that area too, maybe will not get as far as BDLA but I'm going to Barahona and will visit Juancho and Oviedo, rain rain go away we need lots of sun!

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
the system, which moved eastwards from the central Bahamas,
is now located north of Samana and quiet a Biatch,
as it keeps to be the mayor influence on our Islands weather for more time than Matthew, almost, lol.
our supercalm conditions on teh East here changed this morning after a 30 minutes full downpour and thunderstorms into a angry Ocean with some nice offshore winds blowing and bringing up the Sea.
not been up there north, but i can imagine taht along the Bavaro Resort Strip the waves take their Beach Space by significant portions, specially at those hotels which have their stuff anyways built much too close to the waterline.
there is no danger to get a Storm towards the Isle from this one,
it may become a Storm the next couple days, but it will move in nortehrn directions, away from us.
BUT the weather and specially the Sea Conditions are messed up.

aside of this there is nothing to write about anywhere out there.
i guess punctually for mid October the Season comes to a ending for our area.
we just keep watching,
and i hope this darn mess of offshore waters get's back to fine soon.

Mike

vis-animated.gif

Marilyn

Bronze
May 7, 2002
According to these models we may have another named storm (Otto) before the end of the hurricanse season, could this be true?

Cw8a0lkVIAAwhGd.jpg:large

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
the NHC does actually not give any of the present disturbances a chance to develop.
what we have to influence the weather of our Island is an other cold frontal moving in from the NW,
so this weekend we will be again under cloudcover and get rains on and off for many parts of the Island,
with nice fresh Temps, no sunburns, no over the top heat.

Mike

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
mike, what the hell is this weather, eh? why all this rain? WHAT HAVE I DONE TO DESERVE THIS? :hurt:

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
hahaha.
you've been a very very bad girly i guess, lol.
btw, none of it rains down on me over here on the east,
only on the bad girls on your soil.
there is more of that wet stuff to come over the weekend.
next spring/summer should become the 2nd consecutive year without any dangerous drought.

Mike

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i spent all day in the DGM office in SD yesterday and it was all nice and sunny there too. started to rain a bit after imbert, pi**ing rain from maimon onward and flooded puerto plata upon arrival. it's like a voodoo curse or something.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
looks like a lil late Season Biach that should add to the anyways filled water reservoirs/floodings present in many areas of the Isle.
after some draught years 2016 was the 1st where we had enough water for everyone
and it looks like for the 2017 Spring/Summer we will have again enough water for Cattle/agriculture/humans and alikes.
it is early to tell and what ever bad could come out of it, it will be last minute warnings due it's close proximity when forming.
it could be a TD by Sunday, surrounds for some development are favorable.
i did not check our conditions in details for a while, as teh conditions on our dangerous East broke down and finished their Season a while back.
looks like a northward drifetr, when they form down there in the SW'ern Caribbean Sea they even often get a Eastern Drift,
it is where those "wrong way..." systems come from.
we will watch it and hope for the best.
right now the Isle should get some sunny days, but the weekend def looks like more watering as we have it in many areas of lately.

Mike

vis-animated.gif

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
the disturbance in the SW'ern caribbean Sea seems to have lost it's stuff, looks weaker today than yesterday.
conditions are good enoug to allow some development, if it comes back to get organized,
but it doesn't look that bad at the moment.
more of concern for the Island is the new Frontal moving in.
many areas are already saturated, at this moment no more heavy rainfalls are necessary anywhere.
as for the actual weather here on the Eastshores, we are on an other consecutive sunny perfect beach day, completely calm.

Mike

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
the disturbance in the SW'ern Caribbean Sea is a Storm,
a Storm without the stormy winds, hence not declared a TD or named a TS.
the whole thing has a full circulation, but no significant Thunderstorm area attached.
you could name it a Storm without Wind, lol.
such can of course change at any moment, the conditions are given that it gathers some TS's from the surroundings to be added to the whole thingy.
it can also stay the way it is for an other week and never become anything with a number nor name.
the area is not really moving, stationary.
in case it gets some thunderstomrs added and becomes a Storm, it's movement/directions from there are completely uncertain, it could then go to anywhere and also stay right there where it is.
a rare phenomeno standing stationary such a long time while not moving anything.
weird stuff.
otherwise, stay dry my friends, i can now really take a ride with the Zodiac here at my parking place, lol.

Mike

two_atl_5d0.png

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller
the disturbance in the SW'ern Caribbean Sea is a Storm,
a Storm without the stormy winds, hence not declared a TD or named a TS.
the whole thing has a full circulation, but no significant Thunderstorm area attached.
you could name it a Storm without Wind, lol.
such can of course change at any moment, the conditions are given that it gathers some TS's from the surroundings to be added to the whole thingy.
it can also stay the way it is for an other week and never become anything with a number nor name.
the area is not really moving, stationary.
in case it gets some thunderstomrs added and becomes a Storm, it's movement/directions from there are completely uncertain, it could then go to anywhere and also stay right there where it is.
a rare phenomeno standing stationary such a long time while not moving anything.
weird stuff.
otherwise, stay dry my friends, i can now really take a ride with the Zodiac here at my parking place, lol.

Mike

two_atl_5d0.png

Looks a westward event........season over for us?

Must be near a lake the parking spot.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
late Season TD16 formed in the SW'ern Caribbean Sea
and has very good chances to become a named Tropical Cyclone quickly.
the Storm is still shown as stationary, but steering patterns will move the brewing Biach Westward
for a soon landfall in the Central American Area.
no dangers for our Isle from there.
today it looks like North and Southshores get the better weather than Punta Cana, as the East should be the only full cloudy region with ocassional showers for today.
it is well calmer here than it was yesterday, but this bad weather frontal thingy is not over, yet, for the whole Island.
it can get rougher and rainier again til friday, dangers due floodings and muslides are not over, yet.
actual slow movement of the stuff suggerates to get better confditions for the coming weekend,
i hope that will be the case, the country needs a break from the wet stuff.

Mike

vis-animated.gif

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
so the guy, who's name read backwards is the same than read normally, is on.
not that it would move our way, no way, but it will push cloudy wet mess up to our Island's southshores.
those Saona Rides should stay in port for a longer while, lol.
there's hope that we get real sunny skies after the coming weekend, hey, there's always hope.

Mike

Natu

Jan 20, 2013
Mike Fisher, do you think that the new cold front will be causing even more rainfall over DR??

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
we have good amounts of rainfall here on the East right now.
i would imagine that the south got more, but i don't know,
we need people reporting from down there.
weather doesn't look like a quick change, it should stay rainy here for a few more days.
o.k., rainy in PC often finally comes out as just cloudy, lol.

btw,
TS Otto seems to be drifting southwards, so it should hit land there today and go down.
from that one some water should be on its way towards our Isle, too.
nt a biggie at other times, but at the moment many areas are fully saturated and every few hours of a additional rainfall will cause big dangers.

Mike