Old Bay

May 29, 2006
It's a real multi tasker. I use it on home fries, shrimp and seafood, lightly on chicken and even a bit in fettuchini alfredo sauce sometimes. Mildly hot and around a dozen different spices in it. I don't expect it would be popular with most Dominicans.

bigwhiskey

Aug 29, 2010
Que???
I'm not going to call you the "P" word, but I use the Zatarains concentrated shrimp and crab boil; and sparingly.It'll have you talking to Jesus

Thank you I forgot all about that . Do you think Dominicans can handle it.

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
It's a real multi tasker. I use it on home fries, shrimp and seafood, lightly on chicken and even a bit in fettuchini alfredo sauce sometimes. Mildly hot and around a dozen different spices in it. I don't expect it would be popular with most Dominicans.

Same as I use za'atar,an Israeli/Middle-Eastern spice melange. Beloved Son & I use it in everything from a.m. scrambled eggs to pizza to lunch sandwiches to snacks. But we also understand that it is not to everyone's taste. (Although we cannot understand why...)

Except for my beloved friend Gertrudis (whose Dominican name is Morena) there is nobody who has sampled za'atar. and she loves it.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Put in the steamer pot while still alive (and blue). Pour in vinegar and beer. Liberally shake on Old Bay, then turn the heat up to high. After a few minutes their done (built in timer - they turn red!). 
Drain, crack, dig the meat out with your fingers and enjoy. (Back fin lumps are the best!) 
And don't forget to wash down with ice cold cerveza........cools the bite from the Old Bay. 

How can you put up with the screaming while they're being cooked alive???

I bought some on (Guess where) because I wanted to make some Maryland Crab cakes for the other half, who professes to love crab. Of course I had to use canned crab. Couldn't find anything else.

She may be a big fan of crab, but not when it's mixed with crackers. (And I held back on the Old Bay because I didn't want to over spice her)

the things we do for love.

Next time.....

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Put in the steamer pot while still alive (and blue). Pour in vinegar and beer. Liberally shake on Old Bay, then turn the heat up to high. After a few minutes their done (built in timer - they turn red!). 
Drain, crack, dig the meat out with your fingers and enjoy. (Back fin lumps are the best!) 
And don't forget to wash down with ice cold cerveza........cools the bite from the Old Bay. 

Make sure they are females.

Females make the tastiest meat.

Also, I am a big fan of the tamale females have. You know. The green and orange color stuff when you open. mmmmmmmm

crabs.jpg

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
well then, i'm going to have to buy it now when i see it in la sirena again.

Timotero

Bronze
Feb 25, 2011
How can you put up with the screaming while they're being cooked alive??? ............e.

Next time.....

By having Joey Veras cranked up on the iPod singing ....."Hambre, frio, sueno......"  followed by......"con limon y sal," 
(;-)