International Shipping

Lucas61

Jun 13, 2014
retired English teacher (30 years)
Hello All,

I'm sure this is a topic that has been broached many times but when I search I cannot find a pertinent thread.
Can anyone recommend a business in Santo Domingo through which I can order items from amazon.com in the U.S.?
I am looking for a business that has a strong website presence.

To illustrate, let me give an example of a weak one. On Duarte, San Carlos, Sto. Dom., is a new business LogiPaq. The front of the business advertises an amazon.com logo. However, upon investigating their website, logicpaq.com I find that the Contact information has no phone contacts; email only. When I try to register based on my location in the D.R. I am asked for my Cedula. On the same page there is no option to choose the U.S. Therefore, it seems impossible to register unless I am a Dominican national. Further, upon reading FAQ's, not a word of mention about amazon.com Needless to say, this site is a "no go."

Can anyone recommend a strong website/business?

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
BMCargo

EPS

Asking for your "cedula" is normal, if you do not have one, they will probably want a copy of your passport.

EPS wants a credit card I believe, BMCargo usually does not.
Remember they must pay custom charges before they can get the package to you.

Peterj

Bronze
Oct 7, 2002
Dominican Republic
Hello All,

I'm sure this is a topic that has been broached many times but when I search I cannot find a pertinent thread.
Can anyone recommend a business in Santo Domingo through which I can order items from amazon.com in the U.S.?
I am looking for a business that has a strong website presence.

To illustrate, let me give an example of a weak one. On Duarte, San Carlos, Sto. Dom., is a new business LogiPaq. The front of the business advertises an amazon.com logo. However, upon investigating their website, logicpaq.com I find that the Contact information has no phone contacts; email only. When I try to register based on my location in the D.R. I am asked for my Cedula. On the same page there is no option to choose the U.S. Therefore, it seems impossible to register unless I am a Dominican national. Further, upon reading FAQ's, not a word of mention about amazon.com Needless to say, this site is a "no go."

Can anyone recommend a strong website/business?

EPS since 2003 always strong in Santo Domingo as well as in Bavaro*, but expensive.
I prefer to pay more for quality then pay less for half ass work.

www.eps-int.com

No credit card needed, cedula or passport will suffice.

* Still miss Elizabeth, she was the queen of EPS Bavaro :)

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
How about the reverse? Any DR ship companies to send a box of stuff to CAnada? No hurry, like the boat method.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
I use my mom's address in the states and she received my replacement bank card. Twice she sent in via EPS and I didn't receive them (they were not activated and whoever took them didn't get anything). I believe it was because they were just envelopes. I told her the second time to put it in a small box but she sent it in an envelope and it never showed. I never had that problem with EPS when it was a box and I had packages shipped to Santo Domingo, Sosua and Santiago.
As stated above there are cheaper options available now.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I happen to use CPS because it is 150 yards from my house... I also use BMS which is a little further away but is run by a friend. I used to use EPS, which gave good service but was very expensive.

I never noticed any real difference in "service" per se, but prices do vary.

That said, the most important thing is your convenience to get to the service.

In my case I use my Amazon acct, send the stuff to Miami and three days later I get emails that say "your stuff is here."

This is now really simple.

HB

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
I assume that all packages leaving Miami from these courier companies arrive in the DR on the same cargo flight. So reliable customs clearance, time to your particular outpost and the final price seem to be the only major considerations.

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
Where can i get a big sturdy box that can be filled with approx 75+ lbs. of used goods to be (boat)ship to Canada from DR? Heard MailBoxes has them which was a joke they have small 35lb at best boxes

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Perhaps cardboard is not the best material to use. Plastic barrel, shipping trunk. A sturdy waterproof container that can withstand the elements and rough handling might be something to consider. If not, two boxes that hold 40lbs each might be better than a single larger heavier box.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Ocean freight goes in 20&40 foot containers.....
Your little box would need to find a few friends to share with...

Tough call....air freight will be easier.

I have just finished shipping 2 8ft cubes to the U.K..from Canada .. it wasn't easy....needed to be consolidated and you wait for the consolidation.
Then the group unloading at the other end.

It started in December and we're not done yet

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Consider choosing a courier company that has a pick up office that is convenient for you. Some couriers will home delivery.