Las Terrenas is simply beautiful

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
That's what I always thought. But might have double reasons. Not contradicting you, but I always understood this was the reason, I mean why leaving an empty Black Label or two (o so stereotype, once brought a single malt and they didn't like it) on a table? There can be little mistake about it. 

dont get me wrong here..i am sure that the showing off is a part of it. one of these fine days, i am going to really look into the sociology of this country in order to understand a condition i call protracted adolescence. i think that the upper classes of Dominican society have treated the less advanced people with such disdain and contempt, they spend much of their lives in a quest for self affirmation, which involves circuses of all types, not the least of which is strategies to attract attention. that is why you will be in a public place like a bank, and guys will come in bellowing at the top of their lungs. they are just saying....look at me. i am here, too.

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
I think other countries have had the same social structure for many years (we were animals in Indonesië) and I don't see the same attitude. 

P.s. We are getting off-topic.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Bottles on the table....

A friend of my father drank Manhattans - w/ a cherry.
He never let the waiter throw out the cherries..... used them to track his intake...

Just count the cherries to know when to go home.....

True story

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller
Hold on.

This thread is about Las Terrenas which in most areas is very tranquil even at weekends and the local holiday periods.

The limited infrastructure about the town makes it difficult for those living along the adjacent beachfronts or in the town to ignore the noise of quads and general traffic noise, and those that park on the beach specifically at Punta Popi during holidays. Equally it is a town with few bars so is generally very quiet at night except near La Bodega or close to the discos at Fishermans Village or in the centre of the town away from hotels and guest houses. One can stay in Portillo, Playa Bonita, Playa Coson and most of Playa Las Balenas without hassle even at Semana Santa in total tranquility.

And most Dominicans that visit Las Terrenas and the Samana Peninsula are well heeled and more socially conscious.

I know, I lived there for 20 months and I am very sensitive to noise.

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
Hold on.

This thread is about Las Terrenas which in most areas is very tranquil even at weekends and the local holiday periods.

The limited infrastructure about the town makes it difficult for those living along the adjacent beachfronts or in the town to ignore the noise of quads and general traffic noise, and those that park on the beach specifically at Punta Popi during holidays. Equally it is a town with few bars so is generally very quiet at night except near La Bodega or close to the discos at Fishermans Village or in the centre of the town away from hotels and guest houses. One can stay in Portillo, Playa Bonita, Playa Coson and most of Playa Las Balenas without hassle even at Semana Santa in total tranquility.

And most Dominicans that visit Las Terrenas and the Samana Peninsula are well heeled and more socially conscious.

I know, I lived there for 20 months and I am very sensitive to noise.

During Semana Santa, there were big Dembow/Reggaeton concerts on Punta Popy, so many regular yound Dom. there to have fun. Tapon from Portillo to Ballenas, you could literally walk faster than cars.

Away from the beach, it was Fine.

Seeing all these yipetas arriving in town starting Wednesday or Thursday night, it looked there was a car show somewhere in LT.

Las Terrenas is definitely a sleepy town. I stay a little before Bonita, and it s quiet.

Add "la bomba de arriba" for noise too, if not the noisiest area.