HUGE Lidom Game Tonight:

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
..................For those who don't have a local television service (like us) you can buy the streaming package for US$13 here: DRSports Live Streaming. A can attest that of you have the bandwidth, the quality is solid. The original broadcast is streamed.

First game Tuesday 1/23, and goes seven consecutive nights.

WE may try to take in a game in Santiago.

I took a look at that streaming link and looks like they are now charging $7.99USD per game for the finals.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Hey Cobra, bottom of the first and we off and running. I won't even attempt to call this one. Just wish for a good nail bitter of a series...............

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
You can see all the games on facebook for free

So what was the score? :) o :-( LOL

got a link for the facebook free games?

to me best time of the year here, baseball, Carnaval approaching, beautiful not so HOT weather,,,,,,,,, just nice

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Hey Cobra, bottom of the first and we off and running. I won't even attempt to call this one. Just wish for a good nail bitter of a series...............
Very tight game until the 7th. That play at homeplate made me scratch my head. The announcers were hjabbering so fast I couldn't understand. It looked like the runner avoided the tag but maybe went out of the baselines in doing so. But he was ruled safe and a run scored.

Then the floodgates opened. The 8th has some sketchy Licey pitching a walk to load the bases followed by a hit batsmen scoring a run and then a double.

Interesting game, for sure.

Aguilas had to break serve to win this thing 8-1. No better time than the first game on the road.

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
oh well, end of game two........... i guess life goes on ............... LOL
Interesting game, similar to Game 1: Licey starts fast and has solid pitching, Aguilas start slow but hangs in, then Aguilas explode.

Fun stuff for Aguilas fans ( :D ) but I'm sure Licey fans are bummed. Don't forget last season Licey ran off three consecutive wins to take a big advantage in the series.

There have been several close calls with many umpire conferences and reversed calls. At least they finally get the calls right.

I have not heard the condition of the Licey player who tried to bunt and took a pitch square in his face. Anybody know how he is? It was ugly.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Monday January 29 Game 5 will be played in Santo Domingo......

Tuesday January 30 a double header will be played in Santiago. First Game 4 will be continued and then Game 6 will be played.

In the event of a game 7 that will be played Wednesday in Santo Domingo.

NOW this is all weather permitting.............

My understanding they are trying to finish this up by the end of January so the team can travel to Mexico for the Caribbean Series...........

I think i got it right, if not please make corrections as needed.

http://www.licey.com/lidom-ajusta-calendario-de-la-serie-final/

SANTIAGO (Lidom. com).-The president of the Professional Baseball League of the Dominican Republic, Inc., licensed Vitelio Mejía Ortiz with the presidents of Tigres del Licey and Águilas Cibaeñas reassigned for Monday at five o'clock in the afternoon at the stadium Quisqueya John Marichal the fourth match of the final series that was postponed for the third time this Sunday.

The fourth day had to be held in Estadio Cibao but due to the complicated climatic conditions will be carried out in the park Quisqueya. This situation will give way to a double day on Tuesday 30th January at the Cibao Stadium from two o'clock in the afternoon.

To access the party this Monday afternoon the public will use the ballots marked as game #3 corresponding to the Game 5 that was called to be held on Saturday 27 in the Parque Capital.

For the double day of Tuesday the fans will enter the game of 2 in the afternoon with the ballot marked as Game 2 for the match number 4 of the series and at 7 pm with the marked as Game 3 corresponding to the sixth match of the final.

If necessary, a seventh match was to be held on Wednesday, January 31 at the Quisqueya Juan Marichal Stadium, this guarantees the departure of the team for the first day of February to Mexico.

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
Monday January 29 Game 5 will be played in Santo Domingo......

Tuesday January 30 a double header will be played in Santiago. First Game 4 will be continued and then Game 6 will be played.

In the event of a game 7 that will be played Wednesday in Santo Domingo.

NOW this is all weather permitting.............

My understanding they are trying to finish this up by the end of January so the team can travel to Mexico for the Caribbean Series...........

I think i got it right, if not please make corrections as needed.
With luck the weather may cooperate. Forecast looks promising...so far.

The Aguilas will be without one of their Big Guns, Camargo, whose MLB team---the Braves---called him home for a Fan Fest.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
baseball season sure comes and goes so quickly on the island. by the time you realize it is in full swing it is ending.

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
baseball season sure comes and goes so quickly on the island. by the time you realize it is in full swing it is ending.
40 regular season games, 20 round robins, and 9 championship series. Less than 3 months total.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
40 regular season games, 20 round robins, and 9 championship series. Less than 3 months total.

i guess when you are used to sports in America where seasons, regardless of the sport, never seem to end it is quick.......... oh well, did someone say Carnaval?

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
So i am watching the game on Facebook feed - The Latinos Radio Show (game 6)

Bottom of the 5th and Licey is up 4-1. I look away and do something for a minute or two. When i get back to watching the game it is now bottom of the 2nd and score 0-0. Now i am not even sure what i am watching. LOL, too funny