MISSING PERSONS .. PLEASE HELP HAVE YOU SEEN THEM?

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
This mssing couple has made the national news, NBC & CNN, in the US this late Monday. Let's hope they will be found OK.

Regards,

PJT

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Is there any information as to which airport they were flying out of to return to the US and the departure hour of the flight? There is so much that could happen on the roads, especially, if they are unfamiliar with them. If traveling in the dark, it involves many risks for rookies and seasoned Dominican drivers.

Regards,

PJT

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
PJT...
even seasoned Dominican drivers take care not to drive too far at night.

If I read it right...
STI was the airport - traveling from Samana.... at night

Not a well inhabited run....
Hard to say....what happened.... but we'll hear shortly, i'm sure

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
PJT...
even seasoned Dominican drivers take care not to drive too far at night.

If I read it right...
STI was the airport - traveling from Samana.... at night

Not a well inhabited run....
Hard to say....what happened.... but we'll hear shortly, i'm sure

You're right, somebody should be driving that route looking for anything. With "Missing" posters.

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
You're right, somebody should be driving that route looking for anything. With "Missing" posters.
Helicopters would also be very useful to search the highway. So much brush in Los Haitises, you could hide a semi in there without anyone noticing it.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
The idea of trying to save money by taking a flight at a crazy time and having to travel hours to get it is not a great idea in the first place. What do you save anyway?

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
2:00 AM flight and they left the hotel around 8:30 or 9:00 PM?
Seems they left hotel later than that....They went upstairs to pack at 930pm+.

"At the bar, the couples split a bottle of rum. They also saw the hotel bartender and his wife there, Freeman said.

Again, Freeman said Ravenelle appeared nervous, wanting to leave because she was worried about traveling to the airport and returning the car.

Freeman said she was nervous, too, as a tourist in Samana.

Locals "harassed you constantly and there were always people trying to get you to follow them and do stuff," she said. "I would not recommend it."

They returned to the resort between 9:30 p.m. and 10 p.m. Tuesday. They hugged goodbye in the lobby and promised to exchange photos over email and keep in touch.

"They invited us to come see them in New York and we invited them to Nova Scotia for later in summer."

Freeman said the last thing the couple said to them was that they were going upstairs to pack up and check out."

I did that exact road at night with no plane to catch and I was scared Sh!tless, mainly because I was not driving.

Even if not drunk, after drinking a little people get tired and reflexes suffer. They split at least a bottle of rum. So there is that.

Cell phone coverage is poor. So a fully charged phone is often worthless unless using it with offline maps.

God Bless them, hope by some miracle they are fine.

Drive of 3 hours 11 minutes very best case scenario which does not exist.

acdacfd8e6492cb0822c715d499ca553.jpg

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Agreed. Similar to that couple last year (or so) that flew into Punta Cana with the ultimate destination of Lifestyles in Puerto Plata. These long trips from airport to destination to save a few hundred dollars are not always as straightforward as one would assume - Lots can go wrong en route and you have to roll the dice twice.

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
Seems they left hotel later than that....They went upstairs to pack at 930pm+.

"At the bar, the couples split a bottle of rum. They also saw the hotel bartender and his wife there, Freeman said.

Again, Freeman said Ravenelle appeared nervous, wanting to leave because she was worried about traveling to the airport and returning the car.

Freeman said she was nervous, too, as a tourist in Samana.

Locals "harassed you constantly and there were always people trying to get you to follow them and do stuff," she said. "I would not recommend it."

They returned to the resort between 9:30 p.m. and 10 p.m. Tuesday. They hugged goodbye in the lobby and promised to exchange photos over email and keep in touch.

"They invited us to come see them in New York and we invited them to Nova Scotia for later in summer."

Freeman said the last thing the couple said to them was that they were going upstairs to pack up and check out."

I did that exact road at night with no plane to catch and I was scared Sh!tless, mainly because I was not driving.

Even if not drunk, after drinking a little people get tired and reflexes suffer. They split at least a bottle of rum. So there is that.

Cell phone coverage is poor. So a fully charged phone is often worthless unless using it with offline maps.

God Bless them, hope by some miracle they are fine.

Drive of 3 hours 11 minutes very best case scenario which does not exist.

According to the article, they were leaving from SDQ, not Santiago.

Mcinbrass

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
Helicopters would also be very useful to search the highway. So much brush in Los Haitises, you could hide a semi in there without anyone noticing it.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk

You want helicopters? Tiene que pagar

Mcinbrass

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
Thanks for pointing out my lack of reading comprehension.

Although Santo Domingo does raise the foul play scenario to a higher level.

https://youtu.be/OjYoNL4g5Vg

There are a few scenarios I can fathom. And Ive solved multiple crimes here on dr1. Either this couple had a horrific car accident, but why then would their facebook pages be dark? Or they stopped somewhere and fell into something bad. Or, unthinkably took their own lives.

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Route to Santo Domingo

The information from CNN indicates the couple had a flight out of SDQ at 2:00 am. Their surface route from Samana to Santo Domingo would involve the Autopista Nagua-Samana and the Autopista del Nordeste. Driving the route during the day should not be much hassle for the local experts. However, this couple are visitors and suggested rookies with the driving culture and confusing and sometimes nonexisting signage of Dominican arteries. The confusion and hazards are compounded when driving at night. They were driving at night. They may have taken a wrong turn.

The route to SDQ should be searched by air and surface for any sign of the rental car they were using. It is possible the car may have gone off the road and into a ditch. If the toll stations on the Autopista de Nordeste have cameras they should be examined for evidence the rental car passed by. It was mentioned the rental is a white KIA Picanto, no placa number available.

The couple may have encountered bad actors and PJT does not want to go there at this time.

Let's pray the couple are found OK.

Regards,

PJT