Boca Chica Fish

M

Mcinbrass

What is the name of the new restaurant and facility where they house the various vendors selling Boca Chica Fish? I was there last Saturday, Nice set up! They say the grand opening will be May 25.

B

bigbird

What is the name of the new restaurant and facility where they house the various vendors selling Boca Chica Fish? I was there last Saturday, Nice set up! They say the grand opening will be May 25.

What part of the beach?

R

Riva_31

Most be the project of MITUR and Boca Chica Mayor started few years ago, take it a while to finish, they build very nice locations for all fish vendor in a clean and descent places, hope they continue improving in other areas of the beach.

B

bigbird

Most be the project of MITUR and Boca Chica Mayor started few years ago, take it a while to finish, they build very nice locations for all fish vendor in a clean and descent places, hope they continue improving in other areas of the beach.

Are we talking about the far west end of the beach? That project has been going on for ages. They tore all the wooden fish shacks down and started building cement kiosks. I wouldn't be surprised if that project is four or five years old.

R

Riva_31

Are we talking about the far west end of the beach? That project has been going on for ages. They tore all the wooden fish shacks down and started building cement kiosks. I wouldn't be surprised if that project is four or five years old.

Yes, you are right, same project, I was arround there last year and the kiosk was paint but still closed with a fance arround. Its been arround 4 or 5 years they started. Hope they dont let new commers now to take the place of the old ones moved.

M

Mcinbrass

Yes, you are right, same project, I was arround there last year and the kiosk was paint but still closed with a fance arround. Its been arround 4 or 5 years they started. Hope they dont let new commers now to take the place of the old ones moved.

Well its open now and I must say very nice. I just cant remember the name. Someone told me its German owned.

B

bigbird

Well its open now and I must say very nice. I just cant remember the name. Someone told me its German owned.

Does this look like the area where the place is you are talking about? This was September 2017 after about two years since the project was started.

Just west of Bocana Restaurant. I call it the locals section cause you never, ever see tourists in this area. This is Presidente, Brugal, and bring a big pot of food to the beach territory.

25k0f0i.jpg

202i6q.jpg

16a8z28.jpg

This was the original wooden shacks that were to be replaced and I was under the impression the original vendors of the wooden shacks had first shot at the new buildings.

15mxv75.jpg

J

johnnj2000

They used to try to ripped off all the tourists there with bait n switch pricing, there was a woman there who was fair but be cautious.

R

Riva_31

They used to try to ripped off all the tourists there with bait n switch pricing, there was a woman there who was fair but be cautious.

You mean every body, you can not buy there or any restaurant nearby without asking the price or make sure. The manu has it, eat there can turned more expensive than eatting in a fancy reataurant over the water in the east side of Boca Chica after Hamaca Hotel.

I

irsav

Be smart! Cook and eat at home. And go out for a desert and a drink ONLY.

B

banzai

They forgot to add decent toilets, last I was there it was PortaJohns which of course, were in the overflow state.

M

Mcinbrass

What part of the beach?

Its the area on the side of Hamaca where the vendors used to be now there is a big new pavilion type facility which house the vendors and have other amenities.