Land Prices

S

SteveK

Are land prices getting too expensive? We're looking to buy land in the Santiago area and told that it's
$40 - $50 (USD) per square meter. It's my understanding that 628 square meters = 1 tareas

A

AlterEgo

For what it’s worth, we were told the going rate for empty land in the campos of San Cristobal is 100,000 per tarea. About $2,000 USD. We haven’t personally bought or sold anything, so that may be meaninglessness

S

SantiagoDR

My land in 1996 was 325 pesos per square meter (Exchange rate: 6.25). $52 U.S.,
Current rate, somewhere close to $3,000 per square meter (Exchanger rate: 50.30), $59.64 U.S.

Even though the peso rate has sky-rocketed, the U.S. dollar equivalent has not.

It all depends WHERE the land is located.

There is no way to give you an accurate estimate.

The real (B)itch part is that if I sell, I paid one heck of a tax on the price gain, even though in U.S,. dollars the gain is minimal.

B

bob saunders

Land in Jarabacoa is 4500-7500 pesos per sq metre, depending on location. In the countryside there are some areas where it will be 2500-3500 pesos per dq metre.

D

Drperson

Where I am in navas near guananico really nice lots with a good view and breeze sell for $40 per meter. There is security as well

M

Matilda

In Juan Dolio prices range from US$160 to US$300 a square meter and here, in a campo near Moncion, Santiago Rodriguez province they are US$3 to US$5 a square meter!

Matilda

K

kg4jxt

In the campo near Altamira in 2012, I paid US$1 per square meter for 40 tareas of old coffee farm land with no utilities on a gravel road. My neighbor recently offered me an adjacent 20 tarea parcel for US$5 per square meter. Although his land has a few fruit trees, it has been kept "Limpio" for many years and the topsoil is all gone. I declined.

D

Derfish

For what it’s worth, we were told the going rate for empty land in the campos of San Cristobal is 100,000 per tarea. About $2,000 USD. We haven’t personally bought or sold anything, so that may be meaninglessness

So how big is a terea in acres or meters squared?

W

william webster

Are land prices getting too expensive? We're looking to buy land in the Santiago area and told that it's
$40 - $50 (USD) per square meter. It's my understanding that 628 square meters = 1 tareas

for Derf....Post #1

D

danely18

In Juan Dolio prices range from US$160 to US$300 a square meter and here, in a campo near Moncion, Santiago Rodriguez province they are US$3 to US$5 a square meter!

Matilda

Hi Matilda.... about Juan Dolio land price, would that be anywhere near the beach, on the beach, or near what point of reference do you think?

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
I think it is very difficult to compare land prices. Location, location, location.
Obviously land in Las Terenas would have a greater value than land in the campo of Bani. (nothing against Bani, just saying) I have some land in Puerto Plata. I guess I should check and see whats' happening with it.

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Hi Matilda.... about Juan Dolio land price, would that be anywhere near the beach, on the beach, or near what point of reference do you think?

Not on the beach but between the main road and the beach - like 5-10 mins walk from the beach.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast

We live in the campos of San Cristobal, that’s what we heard a few years ago, but nowadays people are asking 250,000 per tarea, but we’re in a beach town, so maybe that’s why.

Danae

Nov 25, 2019
Can anybody recommend a reliable person who can estimate value of large piece of building land (with public road access) along the ridge of hills behing Puerto Plata? Thank you.

George101

Jul 9, 2017
Normal price is 10-20 usd per sqm. Many many places in santiago in that range. Popular locations go up to 50 usd but anymore is a bit out of market range and probably wont sell for decades until inflation catches up.

martinez

Apr 21, 2004
Since coved-19 do you think land prices would be dropping especially a place like Bonao, have possibilty of buying in lo quemados

pgolivares

Apr 9, 2010
Are these prices with or without titles/deslinde ?

The reason I ask is b/c we have land in Pedro Brand (28 km) with title / no deslinde that we would like to sell. The land sits on a dead end street with about 8-10 lots 3 of which have been developed. Power line and road pavement mostly completed.

I’m interested to see if we are selling too low or high.

IslandCabby

Jan 7, 2017
Are these prices with or without titles/deslinde ?

The reason I ask is b/c we have land in Pedro Brand (28 km) with title / no deslinde that we would like to sell. The land sits on a dead end street with about 8-10 lots 3 of which have been developed. Power line and road pavement mostly completed.

I’m interested to see if we are selling too low or high.
Hi, how much land is it. And at what price?