Guzman Ariza

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

user123

Uuuf now I gotta explain myself better, don't wanna get charged with perjury! When I say the service was good Mr. Road is a very polite and nice guy, and the case was won, although there was nothing i wanted out of the process but to get divorced. There was a bank account with about a million pesos which I didn't care about, told the ex just sign the divorce and keep the money, which at first she didn't want to do. So, the service was good because I got what I wanted, but the experience was bad because I felt I was being shaken down for the extra 2000. I think Mr. Roqe didn't expect the ex was gonna hire a lawyer and it was gonna be an easy ride, then when he saw that he was gonna have to do some heavy lifting he asked for more money. Anyways, I'm single and ready to mingle! ;) ;)

T

Taylor

Having used Guzman Ariza for 15 years for a variety of things, from business matters, to immigration, to real estate and Labor Board in Santo Domingo and in Sosua, I am pleased to say that I am absolutely pleased.

In one matter I had to deal with a fraudulent labour court claim from a pregnant woman. Everyone in the world (including Guzman Ariza) told me that I was @#$@#, but they took the case and said that they will do their best. And their best they did, eventually winning the case.

The tribunal system in the DR in general is complicated, and people need to accept that there are no sure things. What Guzman can do is offer you the best that can be done. And the fees I've always found to be reasonable, considering the quality of representation.

Thank you Guzman Ariza.

K

KyleMackey

Are you sure they are a Dominican firm? They sound like something out of a Dickens novel of victorian London!:D

Lots of the large national and international American firms have English WASP roots. They did acquire Hammonds, a British based international firm about 10 years ago.

B

Big

As I posted earlier, no child custody or divorce proceedings are amicable. Emotions, money and expectations inflame the issue. My orthopedic doctor said he no longer does back procedures because no one is ever completely satisfied. Similar to divorce. Even though we know its always the woman's fault. :)

Last edited:
J

JDJones

As I posted earlier, no child custody or divorce proceedings are amicable. Emotions, money and expectations inflame the issue. My orthopedic doctor said he no longer does back procedures because no one is ever completely satisfied. Similar to divorce. Even though we know its always the woman's fault. :)

Sorry, but I personally know of more than a few amicable divorces.

As a matter of fact, I have been divorced twice here in the DR, and both times my partner at the time and I used the same lawyer.

Both times with both partners, we sat down and discussed our options and decided who would get what, and then simply conveyed our wishes to the lawyer.

I am still on good terms with both, and both have moved on and remarried.

Communication.

D

Derfish

As a matter of fact, I have been divorced twice here in the DR, and both times my partner at the time and I used the same lawyer.

Both times with both partners, we sat down and discussed our options and decided who would get what, and then simply conveyed our wishes to the lawyer.

Communication.

How about the kids????

W

william webster

no good deed goes unpunished !!!

hahaha

Good Samaritan Day backfired JD!!

B

Big

Communication.

Well I stand corrected then, maybe your 3 or fourth will work out better . Good luck.

W

william webster

He's skipping 3 & 4.... going straight to Lucky #7

haha

T

TropicalPaul

I'm sorry that you've had this bad experience with Guzmán Ariza. I can assure that our standards for client service, which have helped us become the largest firm in the country and the correspondent in the Dominican Republic of some of the largest law firms in the world, are not as you have experienced. Please let me know the names of attorneys you have dealt with. You can write to my personal email address (fguzman@drlawyer.com) or to complaints@drlawyer.com. Thank you.

With respect I have done both of these - sent you a personal message via DR1 and also sent a complaint to quejas@drlawyer.com and both have been completely ignored. One of my staff called your office FIVE TIMES yesterday to speak to a SECRETARY, and each time she was told that the person was busy and that she would have to call back. it is very dangerous for any business to rely on its reputation and not listen to what customers are saying.

B

Bundel2014

Please be advised,Guzman,is not the best firm in the Dominican Republic,even though it gets top billing here.

K

korejdk_again

I had my DR divorce handled by MR Guzman's firm ; it was about 10 years ago ; Sosua office, young lawyer ; $2,500 all came through as planned; neutral feedback, got what I paid for; I have to add, professional and all completed as agreed

C

chas123

What was his explanation for having previously told you that you could have unsupervised visits?

to be honest I didn't ask... the meeting lasted 10 minutes because there was no much info that was different than before... and he mentioned very early on that the price had increased from 5 to 6k US. I thanked him and left

Status
Not open for further replies.