morning breeze? shoddy construction of pillars?

J

jfk-tampa

been going by morning breeze the first of the newer high rises and noticed that a bunch of the support columns were exposed and looked quite bad and exposed. shoddy workmanship? are they now redoing them . looks like a real eyesore? as a side light will oshay,s/rocky,s ever reopen ? I see a Chinese restaurant in front but nothing else?
I thought el patron was going in there?

J

jfk-tampa

thanks for the info William and windeguy. i missed it. its a sad day when a picture of big frank being arrested is news. wether you agree with him he was a pillar of cabarete for many years and all it leaves is another big empty space on the beach which has a lot of empty spaces.

B

beeza

I think some wires got crossed. The Morning Breeze building has nothing to do with O'Shays/Aqua/El Patron.

Morning Breeze is the building on the seafront next door to Lifestyles and has been evacuated and is having the support pillars exposed for reinforcing. It seems that the engineers made an error during construction and are now correcting it.

D

drstock

Yes, that's what I heard about Morning Breeze. It's amazing that such a large, recent construction should have been allowed to be finished with such a basic and important "error". Then again..... remember where we are!

C

Cdn_Gringo

As far as I know there is no detailed review of construction plans to check the engineering that is going into a project and even less scrutiny to ensure that what is actually constructed is what is reflected in the blue prints. The lack of code standards and frequent compliance inspections throughout the construction process is a real problem in this country as far as I am concerned.