Looking for recommendation for a real estate agent in POP

N

No Place Like Home

We have one but after a few years very few possible buyers. Also, is there a better time of year to sell a house in the DR?

C

chico bill

We have one but after a few years very few possible buyers. Also, is there a better time of year to sell a house in the DR?

Have one ? You mean an agent ? Where are you located which might help people with knowledge of agents respond

W

windeguy

There used to be a high season on the north coast, but all year is pretty much low season now. Taking years to sell is fairly normal unless you really want to reduce your price. If you change agents, make sure you didn't sign an agreement that makes you pay the agent even if he doesn't make the sale.

C

chico bill

I think if a property sits on the market for years, it is best to pull it off for a year then bring it back. It's a normal reaction to think something is wrong if a house is listed for years, be it price or the neighborhood or the house layout itself.

I know an acquaintance asking $500,000 for his place. I think he will be lucky to sell if he was asking $150,000. Some places are just not appealing unless they are a bargain basement prices - which is usually less than they would cost to construct on a free lot.

Other places have fairly established price points like Casa Linda & Ocean Village. So there if priced right there there should be a buyer (that may not mean getting your whole investment back)

Places like upper La Mulata seem to be the toughest sell. A "bottom" for the price there could be real low.

Like Windy said - all year seems to be slow season for real estate

Danae

Nov 25, 2019
I think if a property sits on the market for years, it is best to pull it off for a year then bring it back. It's a normal reaction to think something is wrong if a house is listed for years, be it price or the neighborhood or the house layout itself.

I know an acquaintance asking $500,000 for his place. I think he will be lucky to sell if he was asking $150,000. Some places are just not appealing unless they are a bargain basement prices - which is usually less than they would cost to construct on a free lot.

Other places have fairly established price points like Casa Linda & Ocean Village. So there if priced right there there should be a buyer (that may not mean getting your whole investment back)

Places like upper La Mulata seem to be the toughest sell. A "bottom" for the price there could be real low.

Like Windy said - all year seems to be slow season for real estate

Hi to everyone. We were newcomers who were just about to search for La Mulata land - larger piece devided into smaller plots for suitable for small gated community. One of highlights should be the International School of Sosua in walking distance and nice views. Why is La Mulata hard to sell? And what is special on Casa Linda compared to it? Thank you for your opinions.

Tom0910

Sep 28, 2015
La Mulata has a reputation as being unsafe,I have never lived there so I can not say one way or another but all I ever hear about the area is to stay away. Casa Linda on the other hand has armed security on every street corner just about,I have previously lived in Casa Linda.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Hi to everyone. We were newcomers who were just about to search for La Mulata land - larger piece devided into smaller plots for suitable for small gated community. One of highlights should be the International School of Sosua in walking distance and nice views. Why is La Mulata hard to sell? And what is special on Casa Linda compared to it? Thank you for your opinions.

La Mulata has a very bad reputation for being unsafe. A huge commitment it would be to build an entire community there.

You would be the developer of the gated community? I suppose that could work, but I have built here and know what you face if you are going to be hiring people to build for you.
It is not fun. Not at all.

Casa Linda does not have such a reputation like La Mulata about safety. People seem to like Casa Linda and they have been growing steadily for years. .

Also keep in mind that highlight of the International School may not be so important. The majority of people thinking to move here are retirees well past having children. If I were a parent, I would not consider being here and raising children if I had other options.

Danae

Nov 25, 2019
La Mulata has a very bad reputation for being unsafe. A huge commitment it would be to build an entire community there.

You would be the developer of the gated community? I suppose that could work, but I have built here and know what you face if you are going to be hiring people to build for you.
It is not fun. Not at all.

Casa Linda does not have such a reputation like La Mulata about safety. People seem to like Casa Linda and they have been growing steadily for years. .

Also keep in mind that highlight of the International School may not be so important. The majority of people thinking to move here are retirees well past having children. If I were a parent, I would not consider being here and raising children if I had other options.

Thank you, all messages are appreciated. We have 3 kids and we plan 4-5 years long carrier break starting in 2 years, DR is the destination we are considering. And Sosua (despite all troubles with sex tourism) mainly because of the Intl. secondary school.