Leaving POP Airport: Strip Down

W

william webster

That was my only random & I forget where it was

But remember, I had already been given the 3rd degree for forgetting keys on my pocket or something

My old mother got the work over often.... in the wheelchair !!
Now - she didn't look that old - but was !

Yes... they have their instincts those border people

S

slowmo

I have been searched on my return to Canada about 10 out of the last 20 trips. The best part is that I give away most of the stuff when in the DR, so there is very little to search.

Have been tempted to return some time with nothing but not sure if the authorities would see the humour in that.

H

Harleysrock

I'll tell them I am your friend Buggagangbang and give them a little surprise at strip down time!

T

thompstr

I landed at 10 this morning
Set to back room
Security looked at computer and said you can leave
Lol
That's twice back to back now

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

B

bienamor

I landed at 10 this morning
Set to back room
Security looked at computer and said you can leave
Lol
That's twice back to back now

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

don't feel bad years ago I took one of the Haitian statues back for my soninlaw after they decided it was not full of coke or whatever I spent the next 5 years being the random searche anywhere i flew and used my passport for ID.

R

Russell

I have been searched on my return to Canada about 10 out of the last 20 trips. The best part is that I give away most of the stuff when in the DR, so there is very little to search.

Have been tempted to return some time with nothing but not sure if the authorities would see the humour in that.

I always go back with an empty carry-on and my computer bag...Arrived with two to four large suitcases... I leave the suitcases in DR, I must have a dozen there.... really cheap units and folks treasure then for storing clothing into..... they have no bureaus.

R

rogerjac

I always go back with an empty carry-on and my computer bag...Arrived with two to four large suitcases... I leave the suitcases in DR, I must have a dozen there.... really cheap units and folks treasure then for storing clothing into..... they have no bureaus.

I usually get cheap suitcases at used furniture and clothing stores or get friends to give me old ones. I have a pile of them here also. Girlfriend wont get rid of them so they just take up room.

D

Derfish

I usually get cheap suitcases at used furniture and clothing stores or get friends to give me old ones. I have a pile of them here also. Girlfriend wont get rid of them so they just take up room.

Maybe if that is how you acquire them you should pass them on. No I don't need one, just sayin.

C

ctrob

I found two large ones on CraigsList and made sure one fits inside the other to make the return trip easier. The biggest is an old hard sided Samsonite. I take them back empty. I don't pay for checked bags so no big deal returning with them.

J

johne

You can't imagine how cheap they are in. Good Will store. I bought a all leather one that would go in overhead sideways, but since I don't pay luggage doesn't matter for 5 bux.
Speaking of luggage: how carefully are a set of clubs checked?

U

USA DOC

...came back from Santiago, with only a carry on..only thing inside was my shaving kit...at customs they looked inside and asked me where I came from...I told them the DR, he just nodded and said go ahead...……...

R

rogerjac

I found two large ones on CraigsList and made sure one fits inside the other to make the return trip easier. The biggest is an old hard sided Samsonite. I take them back empty. I don't pay for checked bags so no big deal returning with them.

no point for me to spend 30 bucks on each one as checked luggage. even empty you pay. I usually only pay about 10 each for used ones

A

AlterEgo

no point for me to spend 30 bucks on each one as checked luggage. even empty you pay. I usually only pay about 10 each for used ones

Ah, the good old days, when we flew down with our two kids, and the airlines gave us 2 suitcases each. Eight giant suitcases, 4 carry ons, 4 personal items, we needed a pickup truck to get home from the airport. We used to buy big old used ones as extras, and leave them behind. Nowadays, we travel with just two carryons and two personal items, everything else goes down in boxes/drums. Cheaper and easier.

D

dinosinc

flying out POP, I had gotten a humidor with 200 cigars in it, packed it in a extra suitcase that I had so it would not get destroyed, got called to customs for bag check, when I get there.. 4 guys customs and police make me open it, they were concerned with the Boveda Humidity Control Packs and not really the cigars, asked if I like to smoke cigars, and what was in the 4 packs and then if they could have a couple of cigars... nope sorry there a gift. zipped it up and on my way

L

ljmesg

flying out POP, I had gotten a humidor with 200 cigars in it, packed it in a extra suitcase that I had so it would not get destroyed, got called to customs for bag check, when I get there.. 4 guys customs and police make me open it, they were concerned with the Boveda Humidity Control Packs and not really the cigars, asked if I like to smoke cigars, and what was in the 4 packs and then if they could have a couple of cigars... nope sorry there a gift. zipped it up and on my way
I thought you could only bring in 50...to the states. Where did you fly to?

K

Kip

I thought you could only bring in 50...to the states. Where did you fly to?
100 cigars or $800US value, whichever comes first. You can bring more but have to declare them.

Sent from my SM-G610M using Tapatalk