Road before getting to constanza

D

drroyal2000

Its been a over 10 yrs or more since i went to constanza via naqua. I remember the road going thru the hill just before getting there was terrible. Was wondering if the road is better now?
Any info that would be helpful pls.:nervous:

C

Chirimoya

There are two routes to Constanza, both from the autopista Duarte: you can turn off just north of Bonao or via La Vega and Jarabacoa.

On both roads the approach to Constanza is better than it used to be in that it has been repaved but the surface has deteriorated in parts and it is still a very dangerous road because of all the blind curves and idiot drivers who get impatient behind slow moving trucks.

There is also the San Jose de Ocoa route but much of that road is unpaved.

D

Drperson

There are two routes to Constanza, both from the autopista Duarte: you can turn off just north of Bonao or via La Vega and Jarabacoa.

On both roads the approach to Constanza is better than it used to be in that it has been repaved but the surface has deteriorated in parts and it is still a very dangerous road because of all the blind curves and idiot drivers who get impatient behind slow moving trucks.

Does anyone know if the road from San Jose de Ochoa is ok to constanza?

A

AlterEgo

Does anyone know if the road from San Jose de Ochoa is ok to constanza?

For many years, we owned about 100 tareas on that road, around the area they call malagueta. I swear I almost had heart failure around some of those curvy drop offs. After a bad storm, part of the road washed away down into the valley, straight down hundreds of feet, and mud/rock slides blocked other parts. That’s when I refused to ever go up that road again. Sold the land and never looked back.

D

Drperson

For many years, we owned about 100 tareas on that road, around the area they call malagueta. I swear I almost had heart failure around some of those curvy drop offs. After a bad storm, part of the road washed away down into the valley, straight down hundreds of feet, and mud/rock slides blocked other parts. That’s when I refused to ever go up that road again. Sold the land and never looked back.

Holy crap. Thanks for that advise

P

PJT

From Bonao via Autopista Duarte look for El Humazo on the left and on the right is Parador Don Moro. The exit ramp for Constanta is immediate to the right beyond Don Moro. Saying this because the sign for Constanza at this exit is small and if you blink, you miss it.

Have a good trip.

Regards,

PJT

C

cobraboy

The road to Constanza from the autopista is pure Nirvana for skilled motorcyclists on a capable machine. Ditto the road from El Rio to Jarabacoa.

N

NALs

These videos of the entire road to Constanza were made about 2 years ago. The main route to Constanza starts at 16:15 on the first video and continues for much of the second video. They were created by some Chinese (or maybe he is Japanese?) guy that has lived in Santo Domingo for many years.

C

cavok

That road looks ten times better than the one from Sabaneta to Moca - Hwy 21 going thru Jamao.