Looking for a good horse or two to be set up in stables and cared for

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
We are interested in taking over one or two good horses. They will be set up in stables with ample pastures and cared for properly here on the North Coast.
Should have docile/friendly temper regular size, healthy and not too "old".
I use the Natural Horsemanship techniques of Monty Roberts... "gentle Western style training" and like to introduce my 8 year old son to it.

Please PM.

Thanks!... J-D.

DR Solar

Bronze
Nov 21, 2016
Sea Horse Ranch would be a good contact if you are looking to buy or perhaps someone wants to get rid of one or two and get out of the costs of SHR and other maintenance up-keep.

There is another stable in the Sosua/Cab area but I would not recommend them.

We know others that we can get you connected to that might have some ideas and better know what is available.

There is/was a Morgan breeder/trainer in the Pedro Brand area that may be of interest for you. (I learned about Morgans as a child on the Grand Parents ranch and can recommend them strongly as a smaller, good nature breed in general.)

We had Paso Finos that are not western style at all so most of our contacts and friends had those. We sold off our horses and gave one away along with lots of equipment specifically for Paso Finos, sold the trailer too.

PM me with more specifics and where you plan to keep your horse. Maybe I can help. Good luck.... cowboy. lol

Drperson

Sep 19, 2008
We went to this place in 2014. THey were looking for owners to take over horses thatthey cared for that people basically abandoned . There were are that time some horses that were in the olympics .

this was the directions/contact I had

Puerto Plata to Sosua past CMC hospital on your right. Keep going. Look at Map. Pass la Mulata Road. Next one is care tetra El Choco. That is the road you want. If you pass coastal gas station turn around you have gone to far. If lost ask for Elchoc Road. Go up this road about 5 -6 km. past big rock wall on your right, past Haciendes Elchoc on your right. Angela's place is about 1/2 km past Haciendes Elchoco and is on your left. Pariso del Caballo you will have to open the gate yourself to enter.

Angels number is 809 507 4013 or 809 739 2121

All the best,

Sandi

Spicedwine

Apr 25, 2006
I believe the person above is referring to The Singing Horse Foundation location! It is operated by Angela Cruz. It would be worth a visit I think. It is operated with love and passion for the well being of the horses.

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
We went to this place in 2014. THey were looking for owners to take over horses thatthey cared for that people basically abandoned . There were are that time some horses that were in the olympics .

this was the directions/contact I had

Puerto Plata to Sosua past CMC hospital on your right. Keep going. Look at Map. Pass la Mulata Road. Next one is care tetra El Choco. That is the road you want. If you pass coastal gas station turn around you have gone to far. If lost ask for Elchoc Road. Go up this road about 5 -6 km. past big rock wall on your right, past Haciendes Elchoc on your right. Angela's place is about 1/2 km past Haciendes Elchoco and is on your left. Pariso del Caballo you will have to open the gate yourself to enter.

Angels number is 809 507 4013 or 809 739 2121

All the best,

Sandi

I believe that would be El Choco Road. Not Elchoc. Can't say for sure. There was an incident here on DR1 at one time about someone there trying to give away her neighbor's horse because said horse kept getting out of its pasture. Be careful what you get involved in.

DR Solar

Bronze
Nov 21, 2016
Lots of free horses out there. Finding a good horse to meet JDs needs is very different and most likely will not be free and he already knows that.

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
DR Solar KNOWS, I know ;)

Having lived here since 2007 I know too, yes. But also have seen that people come and go, start things head over and leave heels over. Things and souls often left behind.
I doubt I find the horse(s) I would like to have for "free", but I also have been offered a very nice one years ago, when I wasn't ready for it, for "free"... but there were conditions attached to "free"... and I don't do conditions very easily if they don't behove me or the horse.
Anyways, we plan to set up one or two horses at SeaHorse Ranch's stables and also to let one or two person participate in the spirit of Monty Roberts' EQUUS training. The goal ist to create a relationship based horsemanship, enjoyable to both, the rider(s) and the horse(s).

Thanks!... J-D.

Lots of free horses out there. Finding a good horse to meet JDs needs is very different and most likely will not be free and he already knows that.