Put The Dominican Republic Back on Your Vacation Shortlist

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
That was quick. Apparently Sosua has a "fresh shine" on it!

All it took was a "jump to the left"

A reference to the Rocky Horror Picture Show you might not get if you have not seen it...

Unfortunately, it will take time to recover once such damage is done by all of the fake news and conjecture that has replaced objectivity and actual reporting.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Loves me some Rocky Horror.

Anybody ever done the white water rafting? Sounds way cool, even for an old fart.

Some people really enjoy white water rafting. I am not one of them. It is something where the outcome is not under your control, although it is generally safe. I used to work with a sales rep that did not survive a raft trip in the US while on vacation. But then, I also will not jump out of an aircraft if it is not going to crash. Windsurfing was my only extreme sport.

I did do some very light water river canoeing.

slowmo

Aug 1, 2016
..called my favorite small Hotel in Sosua today, for reservations next week...was told they were full, couldn't believe it....

Had the same problem yesterday. That's what happens when you run things well.

Russell

Jun 17, 2017
Friends of mine have booked in Punta Cana for a wedding; another group of Free Masons have also booked a group into PC for the same month.
WHen asked ,they did not seem frizzled about the past bad press.
Interesting for sure.

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
It would be nice if they rolled back the ridiculous taxes and fees from airfares there.

Looked into a round trip from DCA/BWI/IAD to SDQ. $600+

Mombasa R/T from IAD = $720

No brainer...

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
It would be nice if they rolled back the ridiculous taxes and fees from airfares there.

No brainer...

Totally agree with you, ther are tones of tourist that want to visit the country out of All Inclusive packages and go another places because of hight taxes in airfares, its time to review those rates now that every year we receive more and more visitors.

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
My niece and her husband just returned from their vacation at Hard Rock, Punta Cana. They met a group of 40 other people there. No problems for any of them. They had all booked this vacation before all the bad publicity but all went despite the bad press. Of course they had some doubts before hand.
No regrets about going!

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
Totally agree with you, ther are tones of tourist that want to visit the country out of All Inclusive packages and go another places because of hight taxes in airfares, its time to review those rates now that every year we receive more and more visitors.

According to the Dominican view of life and business, the fact that we are receiving more and more visitors is ample reason to maintain the high taxes, or even increase them if people are willing to pay!

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
According to the Dominican view of life and business, the fact that we are receiving more and more visitors is ample reason to maintain the high taxes, or even increase them if people are willing to pay!

The view I see is as better price more will come to visit with and without packages.

Amu

Oct 4, 2010
Hell. Even Anna Wintour just said on Vogue's instagram that coming to D.R is her favorite holiday tradition. We been getting good press lately. Ashley Brokaw was at Amanera last week (Prada/Louis Vuitton Casting Director), and that's just big players from the fashion industry lol, there's been many ball players/Formula 1/celebrities here lately.

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
Long time !!!!!!!!!

No brainer...

GREYDREAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:laugh: