CORRAAPLATA gets big money to fix water problem in Cabarete, Sosua and Montellano

Status
Not open for further replies.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
For the first 10 years of living in Cabarete, we had about 40 lbs of water pressure. Then it started to fall off and I had to use our cistern (about 5,000 gallons) , pressure tank and pump on occasion and now they are needed all of the time because the pressure is barely at 10 lbs. So the government gives a sum of money to the corrupt water company to "fix the problem" in Cabarete, Sosua and Montellano. What are the chances anything will change?

15 January 2020
CORAAPPLATA tries to solve water supply problems
According to engineer Julio Pérez and Engineer Onesimo Reyes of the tap water company CORAAPPLATA, they are currently working hard to improve the water supply for Montellano, Sosúa and Cabarete. The company recently received a large amount of money from the government for the purchase of new pumping installations. With this, the water supply for Montellano can be restored. The problems in Las Caobas, in Bella Vista and Los Cerros in Sosúa are now being tackled. Nothing is said about remedying the water problems in the Playa Chiquita neighborhood.

There, the hotels (including the Voramar hotel) are forced to have a water truck come by every day (1500 pesos at a time).

https://www.sosuanews.com/index.php?id=5792&article=1

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
There is zero chance they will fix anything without bringing in professionals.
Right now someone has excavated an 8" steel main in Los Cerros with a leaking coupling which putts out several hundred gallons a minute which is also destroying the adjacent road.
They evacuate the water from the hole with cut off milk jugs. You think a water company would have a submersible pump and a generator ? They won't fix anything, in fact they likely will only make things worse.

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
There is zero chance they will fix anything without bringing in professionals.
Right now someone has excavated an 8" steel main in Los Cerros with a leaking coupling which putts out several hundred gallons a minute which is also destroying the adjacent road.
They evacuate the water from the hole with cut off milk jugs. You think a water company would have a submersible pump and a generator ? They won't fix anything, in fact they likely will only make things worse.

It always makes me laugh (not really, it's pretty sad) when they first say that there is drought and we need to save water and then we pass by some huge leaking pipe spitting all the water to the street. Of course, it will stay like that for weeks... No amount that I'd try to save makes up for the leaks they have in the big pipes, IMO...

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
It always makes me laugh (not really, it's pretty sad) when they first say that there is drought and we need to save water and then we pass by some huge leaking pipe spitting all the water to the street. Of course, it will stay like that for weeks... No amount that I'd try to save makes up for the leaks they have in the big pipes, IMO...
If it were only weeks no problem, it's years...... and no change

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
What would they do if you don't pay, threaten to turn your water off.......
I say same thing too ,I get a bill every month even though I have a well, best is it varies between 140-250 a month who the
Fuc€ comes up with this charge amount ....
PS my friend pays his bill even though he trucks water in bi weekly!

• Haha
Reactions: etolw

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
I say same thing too ,I get a bill every month even though I have a well, best is it varies between 140-250 a month who the
Fuc€ comes up with this charge amount ....
PS my friend pays his bill even though he trucks water in bi weekly!

I'm pretty sure they just guess at the bills. After meters were installed in my street, I was expecting a big increase, but not so, just a small variation each month. Then in the summer this year we emptied the pool to repaint it and had a hose running for three days to refill it. The monthly bill was about the same as usual.

etolw

Banned
Oct 6, 2018
I'm pretty sure they just guess at the bills. After meters were installed in my street, I was expecting a big increase, but not so, just a small variation each month. Then in the summer this year we emptied the pool to repaint it and had a hose running for three days to refill it. The monthly bill was about the same as usual.

Well, if in doubt, it is easy to check the meter at your intake, it has a counter. I have never bothered, but after reading the above I checked the value of the meter and looked at my last invoice. The invoice contains the last readings and what is consumed last month. Invoice and meter readings match.
I do not have a pool and pay only about 100 pesos/month for what I consume + the fixed fee
If I double the consumed amount for any reason it is still only 100 pesos more, 500 pesos instead of 400 pesos monthly, not breaking the bank.

No guesswork needed.

btw, I did not experience any day last year without water delivered, although low pressure three days almost every week. I can’t complain as I feel lucky :laugh:

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
Well, if in doubt, it is easy to check the meter at your intake, it has a counter. I have never bothered, but after reading the above I checked the value of the meter and looked at my last invoice. The invoice contains the last readings and what is consumed last month. Invoice and meter readings match.
I do not have a pool and pay only about 100 pesos/month for what I consume + the fixed fee
If I double the consumed amount for any reason it is still only 100 pesos more, 500 pesos instead of 400 pesos monthly, not breaking the bank.

No guesswork needed.

btw, I did not experience any day last year without water delivered, although low pressure three days almost every week. I can’t complain as I feel lucky :laugh:
I’m in area with no water supply , only well water in area but we still get bill from them everyone’s water bill is different government owns all a water they supply it Or you do by your own well...

etolw

Banned
Oct 6, 2018
I’m in area with no water supply , only well water in area but we still get bill from them everyone’s water bill is different government owns all a water they supply it Or you do by your own well...

The law mandates that you pay for water, even if your water comes from a well. So that should not come as a surprise.

El agua de pozo se paga y por qué?
a. Debe pagarse un 50% del gasto correspondiente a una acometida normal, y se debe pagar porque la ley así lo manda. (ver enlace de la ley del agua), http://www.senado.gov.do/masterlex/MLX/docs/1C/2/11/18/3001.htm.

Translated

Well water is paid and why?
a. 50% of the expense corresponding to a normal connection must be paid, and must be paid because the law mandates it. (see water law link), http://www.senado.gov.do/masterlex/MLX/docs/1C/2/11/18/3001.htm.

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
The law mandates that you pay for water, even if your water comes from a well. So that should not come as a surprise.

El agua de pozo se paga y por qué?
a. Debe pagarse un 50% del gasto correspondiente a una acometida normal, y se debe pagar porque la ley así lo manda. (ver enlace de la ley del agua), http://www.senado.gov.do/masterlex/MLX/docs/1C/2/11/18/3001.htm.

Translated

Well water is paid and why?
a. 50% of the expense corresponding to a normal connection must be paid, and must be paid because the law mandates it. (see water law link), http://www.senado.gov.do/masterlex/MLX/docs/1C/2/11/18/3001.htm.
Your missing the point...as I said government owns water...point is which monkey is deciding how much each person with well
Or community well is paying it’s all over the place and every month it is different amount..most don’t even pay the bill..

• Haha

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Your missing the point...as I said government owns water...point is which monkey is deciding how much each person with well
Or community well is paying it’s all over the place and every month it is different amount..most don’t even pay the bill..

That amount depends upon the initial bribe you paid when making the agreement on that monthly amount.

• Wow

etolw

Banned
Oct 6, 2018
Hey, something has happened today.

Pressure is up at 2bar and that brings the usual sediments/brownish water. Hope the water clears soon and the pressure remains.

Anyone else experiencing improvement, pressure increase?

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012
a few weeks ago a new 2 inch water main was installed across the road. With the recent days of rain the pipe has been exposed and the pipe is clearly visible. Cars are now driving over it and it wont be long before it is broken. It was only 4 inchs below the asplat top. I guess corraplata is not getting enough plata

• Wow

etolw

Banned
Oct 6, 2018
Hey, something has happened today.

Pressure is up at 2bar and that brings the usual sediments/brownish water. Hope the water clears soon and the pressure remains.

Anyone else experiencing improvement, pressure increase?

Nobody else or do you only post complaints?

I am a happy camper, turned off the water pump one week ago and still have good pressure on second floor.
Not been possible the last year, but with the pump and cistern I never had problems before either.

Disclaimer :

Posted under influence of tequila shots to combat a cold and rainy day, quite successful I must say:laugh::laugh:

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Nobody else or do you only post complaints?

I am a happy camper, turned off the water pump one week ago and still have good pressure on second floor.
Not been possible the last year, but with the pump and cistern I never had problems before either.

Disclaimer :

Posted under influence of tequila shots to combat a cold and rainy day, quite successful I must say:laugh::laugh:

Are you responding to yourself?

• Haha

etolw

Banned
Oct 6, 2018
Yes, nobody else here...

Btw.

If you are aware that you are doing it, it is likely perfectly normal — if you are having conversations with someone you think is there but who is not, that would likely be a problem. ... Having a casual talk with yourself and motivating yourself is completely normal, and fine.

• Wow
Reactions: CristoRey
Status
Not open for further replies.