Coronavirus - In the DR

Status
Not open for further replies.

etolw

Banned
Oct 6, 2018
We/They are well prepared

While there is no particular treatment for the coronavirus, recommended measures are similar to those for cold, such as rest and drinking a lot of fluid.
:chinese:

Last edited:

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Dominicans are reactive. Not proactive.
They do not believe in making preparations
for anything.. be it Coronavirus, an earthquake,
water rationing or unwanted pregnancies. Not
going to happen.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Dominicans are reactive. Not proactive.
They do not believe in making preparations
for anything.. be it Coronavirus, an earthquake,
water rationing or unwanted pregnancies. Not
going to happen.

Sure, that's why the government gives free vaccinations.

etolw

Banned
Oct 6, 2018
How many Dominicans died last time, the related deadly SARS virus. Relax, have a beer

Reactions: Caonabo

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Paid my cable bill last month and didn't I catch a cold from the sniffling clerk processing my payment - I thought the change felt a little wet.

Caught another cold from a grocery store clerk.

Plumbers helper arrived to fix a leaking pipe looking like death warmed over.

The secret seems to be staying away from other people.

DR Solar

Bronze
Nov 21, 2016
Paid my cable bill last month and didn't I catch a cold from the sniffling clerk processing my payment - I thought the change felt a little wet.

Caught another cold from a grocery store clerk.

Plumbers helper arrived to fix a leaking pipe looking like death warmed over.

The secret seems to be staying away from other people.

20 years here and all sorts of outbreaks in the D.R. over and over, year after year. I had Dengue a few years ago. That's it. Colds went way down being here to the point of we don't remember our last one; both wife and I. Have not had the flu here... ever.

Yes, lot's of people get infected here with whatever but mostly due to normal reoccurring virus'. We don't hang out on Pedro Clisante (STDs anyone?) or go to large events. Just not our style. The very few colds that we have had we can trace back to being on a plane...........loaded with gringos that don't know how to cover when they sneeze all over everyone else.

Any additional virus will have some impact but really nothing like other countries will have.

Relax. The Umbrella Company has not arrived.

Yet. lol

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
When you have kids you get new variations free home delivery all the time.

Kindergarten and colegios are breeding grounds. Believe me. :dead:

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
When you have kids you get new variations free home delivery all the time.

Kindergarten and colegios are breeding grounds. Believe me. :dead:

I am exposed daily to hundreds of grubby hands, runny noses, ...etc. Perhaps it builds up your immune system.

Russell

Jun 17, 2017
What goes around, comes around...... there are no guarantees that the virus will not come from China; but there is a plausible opportunity the virus can come from any one of the Tourists travelling to DR for a week of R&R.
I attended a wedding 13 January and have been sick ever since .... that's the second cold since 27 Dec. 19.

In the past I contacted Dengue while living in Barbados , Chickcongoya (misspelled)here in DR, caught a parasite in India and developed kidney stones from high protein diet in Sub-arctic Canada...... ''Ship Happens''
Back home folks my age are dying from the winter run of viral pneumonia.
So try some rum/honey/hot water and lemon... that will cut the intensity of any affliction.
Thats my opinion anyway.
Russell

Reactions: House

Peterj

Bronze
Oct 7, 2002
Dominican Republic
We/They are well prepared

While there is no particular treatment for the coronavirus, recommended measures are similar to those for cold, such as rest and drinking a lot of fluid.
:chinese:

"Drinking a lot of fluid" that's my motto from day one about 28 years ago :laugh:

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Indeed they do but I wonder how many
parents take advantage of this opportunity?
I'll bet its less than half.
I dont know what percentage but they have a mobile unit they send into the campo , they do it at the schools and I know many that take their babies. More than you think.

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
The advantage this country is it has a limited amount of international ports making screening of foreign arrivals easier. Fewer doors equals fewer screeners needed.

Lay people properly trained to spot arrivals suspected to having the illness can direct them to professionals for more scrutiny.

Let's hope this virus is not as harmful as represented and nobody gets really ill.

Regards,

PJT

Status
Not open for further replies.