Today’s elections

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Elections have been halted nationwide. Apparently some candidates did not appear on the ballots. SMH

etolw

Banned
Oct 6, 2018
The president of the JCE announced that new elections will be held at a timely date:smoke:

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I'm not surprised after all of the antics of some of the candidates up until the last moment.

franco1111

Bronze
May 29, 2013
Gringo
Elections have been halted nationwide. Apparently some candidates did not appear on the ballots. SMH

Thanks for posting this. I got the news this way before my wife did. She confirmed right after with her mother who usually votes early. Not today.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I am not sure there was a reason to suspend the elections country wide.

I've read there were problems in at least 50 different polling stations. Knowing this country can you imagine the chaos had they not suspended the elections and continued?

Probably a smart decision by the JCE.

Peterj

Bronze
Oct 7, 2002
Dominican Republic
I've read there were problems in at least 50 different polling stations. Knowing this country can you imagine the chaos had they not suspended the elections and continued?

Probably a smart decision by the JCE.

In my opinion you can not use the word "smart" and "jce" in one sentence...Contradictio in terminis

HDR

Nov 21, 2012

Unreal...first riots, like in Sabaneta, then a no show. I guess they suspended it because they wanted to start drinking...

Russell

Jun 17, 2017
Espossa and Daughter voted at Luperon Polling Station..... I just told her Voting was suspended...heard it first here.

This is not good for RD.... on the other hand better than more riots.

Now I have to change the context of my missive to family back in Canada.
Never a dull moment in RD.

Russell

etolw

Banned
Oct 6, 2018
Interesting to see what caused this.

It was the Spanish company Alhambra who was hired to conduct an investigation into the programming used, resulting in everything correct, according to its final report and statements.

Also the IFES, Foundation of Electoral Systems, of the United States, carried out a review of the transmission equipment and gave its approval.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Interesting to see what caused this.

It was the Spanish company Alhambra who was hired to conduct an investigation into the programming used, resulting in everything correct, according to its final report and statements.

Also the IFES, Foundation of Electoral Systems, of the United States, carried out a review of the transmission equipment and gave its approval.

I believe it is due to Russian, Ukranian, and/or Chinese influence.

mart1n

Jul 13, 2006
I was hoping the election was stopped because of vote buying fraud

Last edited:

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Was in Sosua just now. Lots of people milling about the JCE office and the polling station A fair amount of traffic for a Sunday. Detour on DR. Martinez. Bars & liquor stores still closed. No alcohol sales at the grocery stores. A fair amount of traffic for a Sunday. Lot's of people out and about. Nothing burning...